JF Chipmunk Update Available - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JF Chipmunk Update Available

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Two Zero View Post
    Hi
    Will you be uploading G-ANWB at anytime?
    She's already available at flightsim.

Dave

She's already available at flightsim
    Thanks Dave,
    Got her
    Timm

Missing LIFT - TURN - PUSH Textures on G-ANWB

Hi,
    Just a very small observation here on the great new texture but I noticed the there is no yellow LIFT - TURN - PUSH textures to the 2 release levers inside and outside of the cockpit. Was this just missed? Easily fixed though by just copying texture "JF_Chipmunk_fusepartsB_t" from another texture folder and adding to this one . Timm

Before

After

Hi,
    Just a very small observation here on the great new texture but I noticed the there is no yellow LIFT - TURN - PUSH textures to the 2 release levers inside and outside of the cockpit. Was this just missed? Easily fixed though by just copying texture "JF_Chipmunk_fusepartsB_t" from another texture folder and adding to this one . Timm
    Thanks for spotting that. The texture might be better placed in the main texture folder, so that it's available in all repaints?

Dave

Hi,

Before

After
    A silly mistake on my part! Nice to see a criticism that actually contains a solution to the problem - bravo!
    The only problem with putting that texture in the main folder David is that not all Chipmunks had them painted yellow! Many were painted red or grey or blacl or just silver although many were painted yellow. The US paint I have just completed had them painted red.
    I better put up a picture of it. Ex-RAF WZ860 and sold off in May 1975, was briefly G-BDCH and then sold to the USA. Has now been restored and fitted with a bubble canopy, painted in RCAF markings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11105882.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    I have sent the file to the library, there will be an update to follow, I just realized that there are no walkways on the wings.
    Bruce, mighty fine paint. any news on update... Walkways

Thank you for all the fine paints we are seeing here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-7-14_20-36-12-894.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	10176

The colors on this paint are very nice
    a favorite

Thank you Peter

Reduced image size

Hi,
    First of can I say what a great texture this is, but have very very small question to peterwatkins2, Was there a reason for reducing the texture image from 4096X4096 to 2048X2048? I have found that reducing the size you are reducing the quality down as well. IE The various text markings like round the front part of the engine canopy along with the battery text.etc they are just blurred and not readable, like a default texture. However I have got round this by increasing your texture to 4096 put back into the paintkit, transfered the text marking over to your texture, deleted the old ones and hey presto everything now readable. Again this was just a question on your great texture which I am using as my default one on the Chippy. Timm

Before

After
    Last edited by Alpha Two Zero; July 15th, 2014 at 01:01.

Timm, there is a good reason why the textures were re-sized - DXTBMP automatically does this when saving a bmp to dds! I never realised this until you pointed it out! I have always used dxtbmp but will have to change now. I will use GIMP 2 in future to create dds files (I have just installed the relevant plugin). I always use GIMP to create bumpmaps. Looks like I will be using it a lot more. My main paint program is PaintShop Pro X5 which does not create dds files. Thanks for highlighting this for me.
    Working on a Royal Navy 771 NAS paint now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18742989.jpg  

Royal Navy WP776of 771 Naval Air Squadron, based at Culdrose(HMS Seahawk) has now been completed and uploaded to FlightSim.com. This paint was created in response to a request.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 19699119.jpg  

Another request - silver and dayglo RAF Chippy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5036804.jpg  

Still working on RAF examples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13256715.jpg   15242015.jpg   30020707.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Still working on RAF examples.
    They are stunningly beautiful Pete. That Chipmunk is really comming to life again.

Soeren

Really appreciate these repaints Peter, thank-you

Thanks for the encouragement, Guys. I haven't forgotten about the Danish one, Soeren!

Was playing around with 1-b paints to see if they could be used on 1-b2 bubble canopy
    some will, some will not
    fuse textures line up however wing textures do not...(wing tips, main wing and flaps)

Here is one of Peters G-ANWB which looks very good with the bubble top...
    Peter I hope you don't mind me attemping to get a few of you paints to work on the B2

Name:	2014-7-20_14-51-36-781.jpg 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	10343

here is a couple of G-AKDN from B-1

Name:	2014-7-20_18-53-37-181.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	10344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-7-20_18-53-25-530.jpg 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	10345

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    here is a couple of G-AKDN from B-1

Name:	2014-7-20_18-53-37-181.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	10344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-7-20_18-53-25-530.jpg 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	10345
    What a great variation.....

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Was playing around with 1-b paints to see if they could be used on 1-b2 bubble canopy
    some will, some will not
    fuse textures line up however wing textures do not...(wing tips, main wing and flaps)

Here is one of Peters G-ANWB which looks very good with the bubble top...
    Peter I hope you don't mind me attemping to get a few of you paints to work on the B2

Name:	2014-7-20_14-51-36-781.jpg 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	10343
    No problems, looks nice! Just don't like the thin u/c legs on this version. I am past caring what colours anyone puts on anything tbh! It will be quite a while until I get to the bubble canopy version! - probably.

Just completed early RAF scheme for Cambridge University Air Squadron WK574.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14770018.jpg  

Is that the one the old Airfix model was presented as, Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Is that the one the old Airfix model was presented as, Peter?
    Ha Ha. Well done Myles. I wondered if anyone would realise it! The blue in the fuselage bar has been corrected though to the proper 'Cambridge University Blue'!
    I have also uploaded a Southampton University Air Squadron example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11210980.jpg  

Time to move on to the RAF light grey & dayglo aircraft! WZ884 in East Midlands Universities Air Squdron colours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4836093.jpg  

Nice. Very nice...... The hangar's filling up nicely

I hope you won't mind me asking Peter but apart from N26JH are there any plans for U.S. and/or Canadian civil registered skins further down the line ?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJH View Post
    Nice. Very nice...... The hangar's filling up nicely

I hope you won't mind me asking Peter but apart from N26JH are there any plans for U.S. and/or Canadian civil registered skins further down the line ?
    Hi Kevin,
    Yes, I have CF-JAG and N4KV on my list. Most of the US and Canadian Chipmunks are either finished in RCAF/CAF yellow(which I will be painting anyway) or are - in my opinion - those horrible flat-engined squared tail monstrosities, which I will not paint on a real Chippy!

Members who have read this thread: 6