Looking for best night lighting effects

Thread: Looking for best night lighting effects

Looking for best night lighting effects

I've been looking for something that will enhance the night lighting effect for FSX

came across this one and almost interested.

Beetle Print ExperienceX

Nice effects but can be very tough on performance - it treats lights as autogen, and when you add lots of autogen...

There's also the Night Environment series published by Aerosoft. Looks good in videos, can be a bit costly because as of now you have to buy it country by country, or region by region. Am not sure how it performs... IIRC there are a couple of threads on Avsim about it but I haven't had a chance to check them out. Maybe someone who's used it can jump in here and comment.

EDIT: Here's a link to the developer's site. And here's a link to their support forum on Avsim.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I've stumbled on a forum (SIMFORUMS) and saw an post (Think it was from a Flight One employee) on how to make adjustments to your Nvidia control panel and
    In the Nvidia control panel under: Adjust Desktop Color Settings for night flying and monitor and set the brightness to 40 and the contrast to 60 which displays perfectly for nights....

I did same and here is night shot; not too bad actually,

Attachment 9667

here is link to discussion on night lighting for FSX: (Scroll down to a NickN post)

http://www.simforums.com/forums/solv...opic45591.html

NickN(eedham) is great - well, controversial, of course, the way most flightsim gurus are controversial, but he's extremely knowledgeable about FSX setup and tuning. I've used his tuning guide on my last three system builds. He's not a Flight 1 developer but he is involved in GEX. I'd definitely give his settings a try.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    NickN(eedham) is great - well, controversial, of course, the way most flightsim gurus are controversial, but he's extremely knowledgeable about FSX setup and tuning. I've used his tuning guide on my last three system builds. He's not a Flight 1 developer but he is involved in GEX. I'd definitely give his settings a try.

I did give his suggestions a try and the color and crispness seems better then what I was using. I have the Nvidia card and didn't know that one could make adjustments as Nick suggested.
    Good Stuff.

Thanks for your reply.

Of you are serious about night lighting, check out Orbx's FTX Vector offering. It covers the entire world and jazzes up the coastlines, rivers and roads for the world as well. Version 1.15 is currently available and a significant upgrade (ver 2.0) is coming out very soon.

http://fullterrain.com/product_ftxgvector.html

And the price is very reasonable for the quality and coverage.

Edit: I almost forgot. If you are an old fart like me you can save 20% off list.
    Last edited by racartron; June 26th, 2014 at 22:05. Reason: more intel
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

I've got Night Environment X - California. It's quite nice! I prefer it to FTX Global/UTX since it extends the lighting to as far as you can see. Configuration options allow you to trade performance versus density. I use the lowest density and get virtually no FPS impact in most situations and it still looks very good. The highest density looks spectacular (I save it for Screen Shots) but it can be pretty processor hungry. NEX is perfect for photoscenery but also plays well with FTX Global base lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by racartron View Post
    . . . . .
    Edit: I almost forgot. If you are an old fart like me you can save 20% off list.
    How? I don't see any option to receive that discount?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    How? I don't see any option to receive that discount?
    Here is the link: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...ss-initiative/

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Sorry One of the downsides to being an old fart is I recall things one at a time But one the upsides is I get to re-watch a lot of old movies seemingly for the "first time."
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by racartron View Post
    Sorry One of the downsides to being an old fart is I recall things one at a time But one the upsides is I get to re-watch a lot of old movies seemingly for the "first time."
    Glad i'm not alone on that ::LOL::
    I otally missed that thread when it came out and was just getting ready to post too it and say thanks, when i noticed it first ccame out in 2013. I've been slow before but jesus ::lol:;.. Thanks for the heads up ..
    Pam

PS, wouldnt mind some good night lighting myself.. Just cant afford the offerings and I dont want to mess up my TV settings..

Members who have read this thread: 0