Eric 'Winkle'Brown's Airacobra - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eric 'Winkle'Brown's Airacobra

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    ...except it's not a trike, which was the point of the thread.

Still, this also wasn't too shabby for someone "late to the party"...

It was actually Eugene Ely, note the tricycle gear

Stands by his Curtiss pusher biplane, just before taking off from USS Pennsylvania (Armored Cruiser # 4) to return to land, 18 January 1911.
    Earlier in the day he landed on the ship's deck, the first time an airplane had alighted on a warship.
    Pennsylvania was then at anchor in San Francisco Bay, California.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h77588.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	10006

LOL you win...

Winkl's P39D

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingvsAirbusNKL View Post
    Baldy, is it possible to upload or attach your textures for the P-400 Airacobra with a tail hook?
    Hi Boeing

this upload should do the trick Winkle's P39D.zip

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Thanks Baldy for the zip file.

Will try it out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: The P-39D-1 was a production variant fitted with a 20 mm cannon in place of standard 37mm cannon specifically for delivery under Lend-Lease. Other then the cannon change it was the same as the P-39D. The P-39D-1 was also much like the Airacobra IA used by the RAF and US as the P-400.

Features many animated parts. Breaking parts plus damage texture logics as well. Model is Multi LOD with working virtual cockpit.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P-39D-1 Airacobra.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    I think the P-39D-1 was not wearing Radio box back.Thanks for the another varian!. And the P-63? hehehehe hehe.

As base model maybe not but P-39s were offten a make up of spare parts from many P-39s and updated as time went on. This pic of "Air a cutie" dose show a box.

Attachment 10038

Also note she doesn't have main gear doors. This is something that happen to may PNG based aircraft but I did not model in.

The P-63 is vary low on my plan of things.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

As base model maybe not but P-39s were offten a make up of spare parts from many P-39s and updated as time went on. This pic of "Air a cutie" dose show a box.

Attachment 10038

Also note she doesn't have main gear doors. This is something that happen to may PNG based aircraft but I did not model in.

The P-63 is vary low on my plan of things.
    This is a exptional example, the D-1 is a early versión of p-39 and the mayority has not this radio box like OH b-24 guy P-39D.Some P-39D last series upgrade with radio, but the D-1 is very rare ,because the armament was obsolete to get it. If you can delete this radio box , the model will be better for many repaint of the operational years.

About P-63 it is ok, the only that I do is talk about the chance of reworks models of 1% team because some many models were made by others autors.

I am enjoing your exelent J2M3 raiden,This model is one of the best that I use because the raiden get a plus to the japan side in cfs2, It mach with George but It has betters caracteristics for altitud.

If you can make a update with damage textures, add a engine break like stock George and move the center point of the model like stock Microsoft in form to see "armonic" in the menú of aircraft selection. You will realize a dream.

Thanks for your two P-47, Very destructibles!.

The D-1 was the 3rd most produced model. Only the latter N and Q models had more and they were in the thousands. The armament wasn't obsolete but maybe the best as the 37mm would jam after only to 1 or 3 shots. This was not fix tell the N and Q models. Some pilots would ditch the 37mm for the 20mm soon as a P-39D-1 or P-400 was sent to the scrap yard.

The D-1 was the 3rd most produced model. Only the latter N and Q models had more and they were in the thousands. The armament wasn't obsolete but maybe the best as the 37mm would jam after only to 1 or 3 shots. This was not fix tell the N and Q models. Some pilots would ditch the 37mm for the 20mm soon as a P-39D-1 or P-400 was sent to the scrap yard.
    Q version is ok to port radio box, I do not like use in D series. So I delete this radio box and use the model more happy for russian,british or USA. This radio is only for Usa in pacific.

Name:	p-39d1.jpg 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	10056

If you want to alpha it out fine with me.

I recomend for all, that replaced the prop of P-39 OH B24Guy for It that I attach.

So the colection Is

P-39D-1 Allen
    P-39D-2 B24guy
    P-39Q Allen
    P-63 () Hahahaha.

Name:	prop_airacobra.bmp 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	10065

Members who have read this thread: 0