SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II
Page 1 of 24 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

We are proud to announce the SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II!

For those of you who remember, the F-4B was announced as freeware some time ago. As developement progressed, the aircraft grew in complexity so we made the decision to go payware with it.

The F-4B will represent the pre-AFC218 version (no drooping ailerons, no slotted stabilator, operative inboard LE flap and higher approach speeds).
    The aircraft will feature modeling of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, INS, TacPack support and will be carrier capable.
    Talking of carriers, we also started work on the USS Midway and USS Coral Sea carriers and we consider bundling them with the F-4B.
    Below are some work in progress screenshots of the VF-111 Sundowners, one of the most renown schemes worn by the F-4B. Screenshots are work in progress and not representative of the final product.
    We will also be posting more information and updates on our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F-4B_Sundowners_Announcement_01.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	9580

Name:	Phantom_head_on.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	9576

Name:	Phantom_break.jpg 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	9577

Name:	Midway_bridges4.jpg 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	9578

Name:	Airboss_deck.jpg 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	9579

Blog Entries
    Sounds exciting! Looking forward to the developments.

dl

Was wondering what had happened to this project. Great news. Quite understand about need to go payware. One request.... I would be grateful if you would consider making the payload editor work with or without Tacpac.

Matt

In with Midway, good plan

Holy hat, it's the year of the phantom!
    Loo king forward to it!

Full, frontal F-4 attacks from many sides!!!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wow, I completely forgot about the previous announcement for this one. It is even more amazing to see that it will be packaged with 2 historic carriers too.

A request:
    If anyone has served or visited, or researched the USS Midway and can provide information regarding the ship's interiors and equipment please PM me.
    I'm looking for info on little things such as bridge equipment, electrical boxes, spotlights and other items that you see screwed on the ship's walls. Check Checkers and Dischem Specials.
    We are interested in the 1969 version of USS Midway.

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    Holy hat, it's the year of the phantom!
    Loo king forward to it!
    What I thought instantly!
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

While our texture artist is repainting the aircraft, we're populating the carrier's interiors with equipment. We're trying not to go overboard with detail as this will coexist with other models, but also not to be too generic.

Name:	Midway_bridge.jpg 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	9748

Something maybe to added to the list, making the carrier drive-able and with a harden surface for multiplay options making it the first package that comes with both aircraft and ship .. great for the local country fellows ..

.. thought in saying that, one has to drive the ship , that is a lot of fun tho, via TS you become FSO and control tower plus watch some of the great landings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Something maybe to added to the list, making the carrier drive-able and with a harden surface for multiplay options making it the first package that comes with both aircraft and ship .. great for the local country fellows ..

.. thought in saying that, one has to drive the ship , that is a lot of fun tho, via TS you become FSO and control tower plus watch some of the great landings.
    While the detail will not be at the level of DeltaSim's ships, it can be made drivable with a blank airfile. For now we should focus on a pretty and well-performing carrier. A "Virtual Bridge" is tempting, but might not be worth the time investment to be done right. The model as it stands, though will look very good from up close.

Another issue with drivables is that the approach lights do not work, nor do the catapults. We would have to develop our own arrestor/catapult gauge or you'd have to use arrcabs, RFN's carrier ops gauge and similar stuff.

The new F-4B and Coral Sea and Midway - outstanding!

Has this actually been tried and tested (with any other carriers)? I've thought of this before (and would be happy to captain the ship whilst others flew), but I can't help feeling I read somewhere there that it wasn't possible to have a hardened surface that others could land on whilst flying/sailing the craft in question?? Hopefully my memory is fading, or it was simply a bad dream!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Cat shots

Although the real F-4J's I've seen where hooked to a bridle rig for a cat shot; I don't see a launch bar on the nose gear....I assume that since a carrier is in the package that the F-4 will be able to do cat shots yes?

Last edited by gray eagle; June 29th, 2014 at 12:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Has this actually been tried and tested (with any other carriers)? I've thought of this before (and would be happy to captain the ship whilst others flew), but I can't help feeling I read somewhere there that it wasn't possible to have a hardened surface that others could land on whilst flying/sailing the craft in question?? Hopefully my memory is fading, or it was simply a bad dream!

Andy
    I have landed on a carrier that I've driven using Javier's Nimitz and FS Recorder. The arrestor cables work. The catapults and FLOLS don't. You'll have to use a 3rd party arrestor wire module.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Although the real F-4J's I've seen where hooked to a bridle rig for a cat shot; I don't see a launch bar on the nose gear....I assume that since a carrier is in the package that the F-4 will be able to do cat shots yes?

Cat shots are in, yes. All navy F-4s had bridle hooks at the wing root and were shot using these bridles.

Andy
    Yes Indeed, Tried and tested using Bruce Fitzgerald,s freeware CV6 USS Enterprise is a Classic for that, we had a good group using many VS aircraft and also Vertigo Studio's CV6 has this ability.

The one thing required is everyone having the aircraft , AF Corsair to the VS Hellcat, Avenger, Dauntless .. , on saying that I don't have the Wildcat ! but everything worked superb and was a lot of fun.

Get the USS Midway .. crikey a Phantom, that would really whined the program up !

Another repaint being worked on, posted on Facebook:

Name:	1506356_552306804875534_1263030384160062636_o.jpg 
Views:	6 
ID:	9761

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    Another repaint being worked on, posted on Facebook:

Name:	1506356_552306804875534_1263030384160062636_o.jpg 
Views:	6 
ID:	9761
    Ahhh, VF-161, USS Midway! The Squadron Lt. Bart Bartholomay (Mig-19 killer) was in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    I have landed on a carrier that I've driven using Javier's Nimitz and FS Recorder. The arrestor cables work. The catapults and FLOLS don't. You'll have to use a 3rd party arrestor wire module.

Cat shots are in, yes. All navy F-4s had bridle hooks at the wing root and were shot using these bridles.
    on javier's nimitz by me work arrestor wires and cat lol
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by mirage3 View Post
    on javier's nimitz by me work arrestor wires and cat lol
    ... and the FLOLS too??

Andy

Yes Indeed, Tried and tested using Bruce Fitzgerald,s freeware CV6 USS Enterprise is a Classic for that, we had a good group using many VS aircraft and also Vertigo Studio's CV6 has this ability.
    Now I would seriously be interested in some of that!!! Happy to sail the ship too...

Andy

Another screenie of the Midway-based VF-161 Chargers.

Name:	10453012_552898854816329_557038046585982936_o.jpg 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	9795

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

... and the FLOLS too??

Andy
    Yeah. Sure
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Members who have read this thread: 6