SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II - Page 17
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

Is it possible to have moving AFCADs?

Fernando Martinez did an AI Phantom for the Big E in FS9 that has folding wings, but I don't know if it's feasible for them to be used on a moving carrier.

Dave

We were drooling at the possibility of having pseudo-AI aircraft flying on and off the ship but technically the challenge is too great for the scope of this product. Thankfully CCP allows you to at least have some AI E-2s and F-4s flying around the ship doing their monitoring and BARCAP missions.

"All of the above" is an option ommitted intentionally. After all, FSX always has the final say...

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

I was reading your posts on the Facebook site that you are developing static AI A-7s (which look AWESOME!) for the Coral Sea and the Midway ("All squadrons will be of the Vietnam War deployments (i.e. VA-93). For CVA-43 we'll be doing 1965 paints, for CVA-41 the deployment of 1973.")

The Coral Sea did not have Corsair II's during its 1965 deployment, so am guessing you are just going with the Corsair II for continuity? NC

December 7, 1964 November 1, 1965 CVW-15 VA-153 (A-4C)
    VA-155 (A-4E)
    VA-165 (A-1H/J)
    VAH-2 (A-3B)
    VF-151 (F-4B)
    VF-154 (F-8D)
    VFP-63 Det. D (RF-8A)
    VAW-11 Det. D (E-1B)
    HC-1 Det. D (UH-2A)
    VAP-61 Det.* (RA-3B)
    VQ-1 Det.* (EA-3B)
    VAW-13 Det.* (EA-1F)
    VMCJ-1 Det.* (RF-8A)
    NL Western Pacific, Vietnam USS Richmond K. Turner (CG 20)
    USS Joseph Strauss (DDG 16)
    Operation Rolling Thunder Pearl Harbor, Hi.
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    Hong Kong
    Yokosuka, Japan
    Okinawa, Japan

My reply was imprecise.

The Coral Sea coming with the Phantom is the 1965 version which did not have A-7s.

The Coral Sea coming with Midway in the standalone package will include the 1965 version shipping with the F-4B, as well as a 70's version with newer aircraft such as the A-7.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    My reply was imprecise.

The Coral Sea coming with the Phantom is the 1965 version which did not have A-7s.

The Coral Sea coming with Midway in the standalone package will include the 1965 version shipping with the F-4B, as well as a 70's version with newer aircraft such as the A-7.
    Thanks for the clarification, Sir Ripper! NC

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    We were drooling at the possibility of having pseudo-AI aircraft flying on and off the ship but technically the challenge is too great for the scope of this product. Thankfully CCP allows you to at least have some AI E-2s and F-4s flying around the ship doing their monitoring and BARCAP missions.

"All of the above" is an option ommitted intentionally. After all, FSX always has the final say...
    True that FSX has the final say....but you developers are doing things with it that were thought to be impossible not so long ago.

One of the cool things (out of many) you guys are doing is adding animated crew to your carriers.

This got me thinking.....It would be awesome to have an animated crewman to marshall us onto the catapult shuttle. Is this even remotely possible?

http://www.airshow.com.au/airshow201...ll-signals.gif

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    True that FSX has the final say....but you developers are doing things with it that were thought to be impossible not so long ago.

One of the cool things (out of many) you guys are doing is adding animated crew to your carriers.

This got me thinking.....It would be awesome to have an animated crewman to marshall us onto the catapult shuttle. Is this even remotely possible?

http://www.airshow.com.au/airshow201...ll-signals.gif
    It can be done in theory and seems pretty simple, but we cannot test it it due to non-FSX related reasons.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Lightbulb

A small update on our side. We've wrapped up the coding for F-4B's next version, which will be the 2nd to last before F-4B v1.0 and then F-4N. The new version which will be in the hands of closed beta testers soon will feature many bugfixes as well as all new systems coding:
    • Aircraft defaults to ON state
    • New fuel system logic with inflight refuelling
    • Custom engine model with realistic startup, RPM, temperatures, windmilling effects, fuel consumption and more
    • New pneumatic and hydraulic system logic, tied in to the engine upgrades
      • Pneumatic system comes with charging and discharging logic
      • Canopy extension "costs" pressure -make sure your engines are running

• Redid and improved pitch Stability Augmentation System significantly -you will see for yourselves!
    • Angle of Attack tones
    • F-4 Autoflaps -they did exist back then!
    • Realistic oxygen consumption -hypoxia is not yet simulated, you can get away with it for now
    • RADAR fixes and updates
      • An important one is that you are now able to lock and track targets using your keyboard -no need to go to the back seat for that

• TacPack corrections and optimisations
      • Code shortened significantly
      • This will probably the last time you see this payload manager
      • Revised procedures for bomb and rocket release
      • Adjustable AIM-9 growl volume depending on cockpit setting and target proximity to "sweet spot"
      • Gun sound
      • Wing gunpods removed (USN opted for the centerline only)

• Fixed/deleted many bugs in the old code
    • More bugfixes

We also thought our carriers are worth some touching up. The Coral Sea will see a small update in the upcoming version, which comes in the form of an enriched hangar and a tad fewer polygons. Right now we are working on the ceiling and after that we will rescan the entire ship to find and remove excess polygons, making more room for our statics! We are also working on the statics themselves and a payload manager for the ship that will allow you to:
    • *Show/hide aircraft groups all over the deck
    • Load states such as launch, recovery, UNREP
    • *Toggle the ship's lights
    • Control each one of the elevators independently
    • Open/close the hangar doors
    • Hide/unhide the hangar to improve performance
    • USS Coral Sea will get two versions with corresponding aircraft:
      • 1965 deployment
      • *1973 deployment

• USS Midway
      • 1973 deployment

Features marked with a * will not be available on the USS Coral Sea coming with the F-4B/N package.

Static aircraft are being worked on along with the ship; Two CVA-41 A-7 squadrons are done, the A-1 for USS Coral Sea is getting its first coat of paint, F-8s and F-4s are being built at their factories and other static aircraft are queued up after them.

Finally, I'm attaching some pics of the hangar as it is today as well as a crash test with static A-7s on the Midway, spawned using a prototype "deck manager".

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016_09_01_ad_Static_corsairs_3.jpg   2016_09_20_ad_Hangar_03.jpg   2016_09_20_ad_Hangar_02.jpg   2016_09_20_ad_Hangar_01.jpg  

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

That is looking smart with a chocker flight deck.

Looks good..
    Are we still waiting for a P3D version?? Fsx has been dropped from my system.. so I've been waiting in the winds for this one....

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Is it possible to have moving AFCADs?

Fernando Martinez did an AI Phantom for the Big E in FS9 that has folding wings, but I don't know if it's feasible for them to be used on a moving carrier.

Dave
    Discussion on that over here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ic-to-carriers

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    Looks good..
    Are we still waiting for a P3D version?? Fsx has been dropped from my system.. so I've been waiting in the winds for this one....
    The upcoming v0.98 will support P3Dv2 officially. We are looking into some issues with v3 currently, so 3.x will not be supported with this version.
    Last edited by SiR_RiPPER; September 21st, 2016 at 04:51.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Boy, I worked on lot of those! Especially the stuff in that nose cone
    Thanks for some great work to all! I certainly brings back memories, good, AND bad
    Pat☺

Back when I worked on them at Pax River, I occasionally removed seat buckets (by myself)...totally against regs. But at the time we did a LOT of maintenance that would be a BIG no-no now!!

The aircond turbine change on Phantoms was a real pain, if memory serves me correctly. NC

Working elevators on the Coral Sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Back when I worked on them at Pax River, I occasionally removed seat buckets (by myself)...totally against regs. But at the time we did a LOT of maintenance that would be a BIG no-no now!!

The aircond turbine change on Phantoms was a real pain, if memory serves me correctly. NC
    Can you imagine the shape of an aircraft that was actually designed with maintainers in mind?
    It'd never get off the ground - or would it?

Dave

Dave,

Beautiful capture of a beautiful model. I know Alex is (and should be) proud!

Gene K

Love the existing model so cant wait to see the updated version.

I have a few minor niggles which I wondered if they have been addressed with all this tweaking and development...

1) whether a fix has been found for the Wheel hubs looking bright on the unlit side? Always looks odd on such a visually stunning model.

2) when I save a flight with a full AA load out and then later reload it.... some of it is missing.... usually what's lowest down the list so it seems like it has run out of storage. Its a pain having to keep re adding items. A fix for that would be welcome or better still would be load manager that works for non Tacpac users as with the Milviz F4.

an absolutely brilliant add on even with its very minor imperfections.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
    Dave,

Gene K
    Thanks. You wait until you see the additional models.

BTW: The aircraft is fine in P3D v2. P3D v3 has issues, but they're being addressed. There's also a paint kit for those who want to get colourful.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
    Dave,

Gene K
    Definitely proud of what we've done so far. There is more to come for v1.0 though!

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    1) whether a fix has been found for the Wheel hubs looking bright on the unlit side? Always looks odd on such a visually stunning model.
    2) when I save a flight with a full AA load out and then later reload it.... some of it is missing.... usually what's lowest down the list so it seems like it has run out of storage. Its a pain having to keep re adding items. A fix for that would be welcome or better still would be load manager that works for non Tacpac users as with the Milviz F4.
    Matt
    With regards to No.1, we're still trying to figure out what's wrong with it and fix it.
    With regards to No.2, we have encountered this exact problem in Multiplayer. When loading weapons with TacPack, the bottom 3/4 of the stations do not appear at all to other players. Everyone sees his own A/C loaded, but the other ones are missing weapons. They fire normally however. This is an issue we have noticed with other TP aircraft during our testing and are in touch with VRS about it.

Your very words of "some of it is missing.... usually what's lowest down the list" is what we encounter in MP. Usually it is the right-side bombs of the CL MERs, right fuselage AIM-7s and right inboard pylon. Please confirm if that is the case.

From our initial testing and research, it seems that the problem stems from FSX, so we will probably not be able to fix it. What we can do is make the payload manager work with non-TP aircraft as well, which is in our to-do list.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

I can confirm problem with loads is right side only Alex.

with regard to wheel problem... I usually find if I have that problem with a part looking light on the unlit side and vice versa, that it is a geometry problem... not always easy to find exactly what it doesn't like about the geometry and fix it but that's usually the cause I find.

Matt

So awesome in every respect!

I do not have fond memories of life onboard a carrier, but it is fun to "relive" being on one. I can almost smell the JP-5 (which was ever present in the air, and you could taste it in the drinking water).

I remember a klaxon type horn would be sounded every time a elevator was about to move up or down.

NC

Here's a good trick. I'm on the elevator - and I don't fall through!

Dave

Lift go's up, Lift go's down Lift go's up, Lift go's down Lift go's up, Lift go's down , Thanks NC never had a chance to get on board a US Carrier, amazing ships , New Zealand and it stupid anti nuclear politics dribble, my kind of holiday, spend a few months on board exploring and meeting the crew, photo's - watching flight deck operations , it would be one hell of a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

Working elevators on the Coral Sea.

Can you imagine the shape of an aircraft that was actually designed with maintainers in mind?
    It'd never get off the ground - or would it?

Dave
    Again, another great model and development team. The attention to the carrier is fantastic and brings it to life. Thanks for this great work.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 5