SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II - Page 18
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

The added image/effect of drainage ports on lower section of ship's hull is cool!

When on the Independence, we would throw garbage off designated sponsons. The one we used was right outside my workcenter, the VA-15 AME shop, located port side, forward of the hangar bay. On one occasion, three guys were tossing garbage and a rogue wave washed them overboard. One of them hit his head on the side of the sponson, was knocked unconscious and drowned. The other two per picked up by the rescue helo. NC

Found a interesting youtube video. It is a collection of still shots, but there are some cool audio samples of the ship's 1MC, i.e. Battlestations, etc.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uss_independence_cv-62.jpg  

Independence is a Forrestal class, right?

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    Independence is a Forrestal class, right?
    That is correct Alex, I still love these photo's ! Thanks for posting NC

Must be that British exchange pilot. He kept singing "'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!"

In the office.

Dave

Guys, here is a website worth checking for the phanatics. It has been invaluable to our research in order to get the exteriors and cockpits of the various F-4B/N variants right. This guy was working in USAF F-4C/Ds and has done a great job documenting the differences. He has included the full F-4B EW upgrade program, as well as F-4C/D Wild Weasel information and British Phantom differences.
    http://phantomphacts.blogspot.com.cy...equipment.html

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Great website. Thank you for sharing the link.

After some last second fixes and a delay, we are ready to sent 0.98 release candidate for final testing. 0.98 will support FSX:A, FSX:Steam and P3Dv2. We're holding back with v3 as we have some problems with the ADIs in there.

Meanwhile, work is going on for the F-4N. Dave previewed the external models some weeks ago, so here are some WIP shots of the cockpits.

F-4B APR-24: Same cockpit as the one you have but with RHAW equipment. This modification was done when the US Navy was experimenting with RHAW equipment and went through APR-24, 27, 25 before settling on the last one.

Late F-4B/N Cockpit: some different instrumentation, Mk.H7 seats, RHAW equipment, countermeasure control panel in the rear cockpit, Datalink panels (will not be operational), ALQ-126 "brows" on the intakes (late F-4Ns)

This essentially means three cockpit configurations (B, APR-24, Late B/N) and four cockpits -if we account for the cosmetic "brows" on the late F-4N intakes.

Here are some Work-in-Progress shots of the F-4N front cockpit, Mk. H7 seat and the fully upgraded rear cockpit of the late F-4B/Ns. There are some bits and pieces missing still, but it will be done and sent for texturing the following days. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161022_Ad_F-4N_Front_cockpit.jpg   20161022_Ad_F-4N_MkH7_seat.jpg   20161022_Ad_F-4N_Rear_cockpit.jpg  

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

.....not too long now.....

Dave

She is looking really good Dave. Great work!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Magnificent!!!

Who are you calling 'overdressed'?

Dave

No me Dave, great job on the paint.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    No me Dave, great job on the paint.
    Glad you like it. It's not anything that I've done, and it is included with the package.

The paints we're going to be offering are planned to be:

• VF-111 Sundowners, based on USS Coral Sea.
    • VF-161 Chargers during its USS Midway deployment in Vietnam.
    • VF-151 Vigilantes CV-41.
    • VF-96 Fighting Falcons.
    • VF-51 Screaming Eagles CAG.
    • VF-84 Jolly Rogers.
    • VMFA-321 Bicentennial.
    • VX-4 Bicentennial.
    • VMFA-314 Black Knights.
    • VF-143 Pukin' Dogs.
    • VMFA-351.
    • VMFA-531 Grey Ghosts.
    • NATC.
    • VF-121 Pacemakers.
    • VF-151 Vigilantes CV-43.
    • F-110A Spectre.

A paint kit does exist for those wanting to produce their own skins.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazel
    Who are you calling 'overdressed'?
    Wonderful paint job!

Gene K
    P.S. The VX-4 Bicentennial bird was actually an F-4J (sometimes called YF-4J) with a B radome and FIXED F-4S slats.

I would love to see VF-32 if anyone can do that!

P.S. The VX-4 Bicentennial bird was actually an F-4J (sometimes called YF-4J) with a B radome and FIXED F-4S slats.
    Well, what'd you expect? Do you have any idea how hard spares are to find these days?? You have to mix-n-match and just hope for the best

Great looking plane, you guys are making. I can't wait to see it come out.
    Pat☺

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Well, what'd you expect? Do you have any idea how hard spares are to find these days?? You have to mix-n-match and just hope for the best

Pat☺
    F-4 airframes and 2-part epoxy resin were not strangers. You'd be amazed where it turned up.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    I would love to see VF-32 if anyone can do that!
    Up to third-party painters, I'm afraid. As you can see, this is a later model.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VF-32.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	44194

F-4 airframes and 2-part epoxy resin were not strangers. You'd be amazed where it turned up.
    I was I level Radar for a long time (hence the screen name ), so I know a lot of the little tricks for getting them going again. And VMFAT-101 in Yuma had 30+ planes all at once, and for the longest time we had Ex-Reps coming out our ears. Work every duty Section weekend was the norm, all 3 shifts. Most of us wound up going down to the squadron to help them on non-duty section days too, just to try to keep the flight schedule going.
    We learned all kinds of nifty little tricks
    Most fun we had though was when they'd send a brand new, fresh-minted Lt. up to the shop to try and teach them to run the radar. We had so much fun watching them presume they knew how to start a bench, because they theoretically could start it in the plane. Apparently they couldn't, or they wouldn't be at our shop
    Have fun!
    Pat☺

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I was I level Radar for a long time (hence the screen name ), so I know a lot of the little tricks for getting them going again. And VMFAT-101 in Yuma had 30+ planes all at once, and for the longest time we had Ex-Reps coming out our ears. Work every duty Section weekend was the norm, all 3 shifts. Most of us wound up going down to the squadron to help them on non-duty section days too, just to try to keep the flight schedule going.
    We learned all kinds of nifty little tricks
    Most fun we had though was when they'd send a brand new, fresh-minted Lt. up to the shop to try and teach them to run the radar. We had so much fun watching them presume they knew how to start a bench, because they theoretically could start it in the plane. Apparently they couldn't, or they wouldn't be at our shop
    Have fun!
    Pat☺
    What happened when you got a brand-new boxed set of range rings?

Dave

Why, obviously, we put them into Supply, right next to the Jet Wash and Flight Line locations
    Pat☺

Right. Let's see what can be done with the paint kit.
    Those of you who want it can find the paint kit at the bottom of the page here.

Go for it!

Dave

The paintkit is fully compatible with the upcoming F-4N as well.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

This is from the Simworks forum, re: the latest update...

• v0.98 - Flaps can be controlled using the F5 to F8 key range due to the new "autoflap" feature. If you are using a joystick to control the flaps, you may need to redo your programming.

So does this mean I have to use keyboard controls for the flaps? I have tried reassigning the controls using the FSX Controls menu, but will not work. I have FSUIPC, but have not had much luck assigning things using it. Confuses me.

NC

I use my Saitek 52 controller for flaps for all other aircraft. This ain't cool!

Btw, I tried to ask this question on the Simworks Forum, but the &$#@ing security question verification is exasperating, to say the least. I gave up trying after six plus attempts. Is it really necessary to have such strict verification for a forum????

Members who have read this thread: 6