SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II - Page 10
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: SimWorks Studios F-4B Phantom II

I got this info from the SMW Forum:

First go to Control Panel/Programs and Features. Find if you have any newer version of the Visual Studio installed than the Visual C++2010 x86. Uninstall every newer version. Then install the SimWorks F4. After that install again all the newer versions of the VC++ you had.

The link for the VC++201 x86 is correct, but the SWS F-4 installer will do it automatically.

I did all that and managed to get rid of this screen:

As far as the payload manager goes, the only thing that works is the Pilot/Rio other then that I get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post
    I have all the versions dated 2006 through 2015 and I got the same message, but I don't think it has caused a problem yet.

I think that the newer versions that I have are required by other FSX aircraft that I have, so I can't uninstall them.

I agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Its a great looking model but I will be very disappointed if non tacpac users can only have a clean configuration to fly.

Matt

+1 I agree

Its a great looking model but I will be very disappointed if non tacpac users can only have a clean configuration to fly.

Matt

Ok, this was a mispost that didn't happen on facebook but missed it here. The manager works with tacpack only in this version. To get stores without it you need to add weights in fsx payload manager currently. That will change in later versions though.

For Vc2010, if it is installed already it is good to go, you can ignore the message.

Finally, before the installer exits, you are getting a pop up that installs XMLTools. If you did not install it, you can find it under FSX root\SimWorks Studios\XML Tools. You will be prompted by FSX to run it as with all gauges when first loading the plane.

We're working on an upgrade for these and will deliver as soon as possible.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Thanks Alex. That will save me some needless uninstalls and reinstalls.
    Mike M.​

Thanks Alex for the info. What values do I use and what stations are what?

I like that F-4 Load manager, as I can visually tell what is going where. With the FSX load manager it seems like a walk in the dark.
    i.e., If I wanted to load the center line fuel tank what station and weight do I use. Same for other available ordnance and weights.

Thanks

[QUOTE=SiR_RiPPER;1007432]Ok, this was a mispost that didn't happen on facebook but missed it here. The manager works with tacpack only in this version. To get stores without it you need to add weights in fsx payload manager currently. That will change in later versions though.

Managed to load stuff using weights so that's good... but it will be a lot easier if you can make that possible via the payload manager.

Still not managing to get the traditional way of getting a cat launch to work or getting the front leg to jack up... anything I'm missing here?

I am enjoying the model so please don't take the above as criticism... just want to get the most out of it.

Matt

Okay folks, I figured out how to get the payloads to show up manually in the FSX Payload Manager (as Sir_Ripper has noted). Below is a partial example of how to set it up with the weights in bold numbers which you will enter into the FSX Payload Manager windows. It's a little tricky as you will need to make sure that when you load the wing stations that you add the pylons and proper sub-pylons/rails/TER/MER in successive order on each station before adding the weapon weight (this applies wing station weapons, centerline MER, not AIM-7 weapons or wing/centerline tanks). It's a little time consuming and tricky but it can be done. From the way that the following Air to Air Loadout is set up, you can easily figure out how to add bombs, etc.

WEAPON LOADINGS IN LBS

AIM-7E BODY MOUNTED: 455 STA: 6/4 - 7/3
    AIM-7E WING MOUNTED: STA: 8/2 (LOAD IN FOLLOWING ORDER): LAU-17A -150, MWA -24, AIM-7E -455

AIM-9B WING MOUNTED: 155 STA 2/8
    (LOAD IN FOLLOWING ORDER): LAU-17A -150, LAU-7/A-3 -87, AIM-9B -155

600 GAL CENTERLINE TANK: -300 STA:5

370 GAL WING TANK: -340 STA: 1/9

Hope this helps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Still not managing to get the traditional way of getting a cat launch to work or getting the front leg to jack up... anything I'm missing here?
    I ran into the same issue, make sure the Generator Switches are on (cycle them). They are located on the right side panel (forward).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome! That's a big help! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Okay folks, I figured out how to get the payloads to show up manually in the FSX Payload Manager (as Sir_Ripper has noted). Below is a partial example of how to set it up with the weights in bold numbers which you will enter into the FSX Payload Manager windows. It's a little tricky as you will need to make sure that when you load the wing stations that you add the pylons and proper sub-pylons/rails/TER/MER in successive order on each station before adding the weapon weight (this applies wing station weapons, centerline MER, not AIM-7 weapons or wing/centerline tanks). It's a little time consuming and tricky but it can be done. From the way that the following Air to Air Loadout is set up, you can easily figure out how to add bombs, etc.

WEAPON LOADINGS IN LBS

AIM-7E BODY MOUNTED: 455 STA: 6/4 - 7/3
    AIM-7E WING MOUNTED: STA: 8/2 (LOAD IN FOLLOWING ORDER): LAU-17A -150, MWA -24, AIM-7E -455

AIM-9B WING MOUNTED: 155 STA 2/8
    (LOAD IN FOLLOWING ORDER): LAU-17A -150, LAU-7/A-3 -87, AIM-9B -155

600 GAL CENTERLINE TANK: -300 STA:5

370 GAL WING TANK: -340 STA: 1/9

Hope this helps.

I forgot to mention in my above post, of course users can get all the weight data off the F-4B Load Manager and just add them to a notepad text to keep handy for copy & paste over into the FSX Load Manager.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

External light issues

When I first installed theF4B the wing lights and other exterior light would work. But after reinstalling it a few times the external lights will not come on.

I noticed that there is no lights section in the aircraft.cfg so I am guessing the the light are in the MDL perhaps. In the right lower side console in the pilots cockpit
    I tried to actuate the light toggles and some would flip or move and some would not. Hummmm.......

I know that I could just hit the "L" Key and the exterior light would come on, now when I do that nothing is one except for a taxi light on the nose gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    When I first installed theF4B the wing lights and other exterior light would work. But after reinstalling it a few times the external lights will not come on.

I noticed that there is no lights section in the aircraft.cfg so I am guessing the the light are in the MDL perhaps. In the right lower side console in the pilots cockpit
    I tried to actuate the light toggles and some would flip or move and some would not. Hummmm.......

I know that I could just hit the "L" Key and the exterior light would come on, now when I do that nothing is one except for a taxi light on the nose gear.
    All lights are hardcoded in the model. Are your generator switches set to ON and engines running, or EXT?

If not, exterior lights will not work. A cheat is to click the banner of the payload manager and it will quickstart the plane.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

I have no joystick aileron, elevator, rudder, or nosewheel steering control after the plane loads in FSX. Other aircraft work OK. Am I missing something?

Managed to load stuff using weights so that's good... but it will be a lot easier if you can make that possible via the payload manager.

I am enjoying the model so please don't take the above as criticism... just want to get the most out of it.

Matt
    For the F-4 to hook up to the catapult, the procedure is as follows:

Make sure both generators are ON and engines running.
    Taxi until the nosewheel is just past the cat shuttle.
    Hit Shift+U to extend the nosegear.
    Hit Shift+I to connect to the catapult.

The nosegear "deflates" by turning off both generators or after the left gear leg decompresses. Hitting Shift+U to compress again will not work intentionally, as the proccess in the rear F-4 was to cycle the generators to off.

Constructive criticism is welcome, some paid for it, others are judging and we have worked 3 years on it. There are things that have definitely escaped our attention.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Using CTRL + E to start the lights won't function, using the load manager they do function. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    All lights are hardcoded in the model. Are your generator switches set to ON and engines running, or EXT?

If not, exterior lights will not work. A cheat is to click the banner of the payload manager and it will quickstart the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    I have no joystick aileron, elevator, rudder, or nosewheel steering control after the plane loads in FSX. Other aircraft work OK. Am I missing something?
    TarpsBird please register at simworksstudios.com/forum/index.php so you can access the support forum and keep the troubleshooting base unified. Here's a short description:

• Through your add/remove programs panel, make sure Visual C++2010 is installed.
    • If not, you need to run the VC installer from FSX Root\SimWorks Studios\VCREDIST
    • If it cannot install due to the existence of a newer version, you need to Uninstall post 2010 versions, install 2010 and reinstall the new ones that other programs use
    • Finally, XMLTools needs to be installed. It is run automatically at the end of the setup program. You can run it manually from FSX Root\SimWorks Studios\XMLTools

As XML Tools is the basis right now, this is necessary to get it running. We are working on an upgrade that will get this sorted for good in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Using CTRL + E to start the lights won't function, using the load manager they do function. Thanks for the info
    That sheds light: Starting the engines only won't make the lights work. On the right console, all the way forward are two switches next to three orange lights. Left click them to move forward and you'll have power from your generators. They default to OFF so you need to manually click them.

The banner starts the engines instantly and sets these switches as well.

Also, a note to everyone: please post support requests at support@simworksstudios.com and our forum as it is not possible to consistently monitor all forums while keeping a unified troubleshooting base. Our registering proccess may be a bit slow as we're manually approving due to spambot issues, but we'll get you in.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fsx 2016-02-14 22-11-45-17.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	34999

Name:	fsx 2016-01-26 22-04-22-88.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	35000

1st, it works well with my jurassic GPU
    2nd, the external model is very good
    3rd, the external fps a bit heavy, acceptable thou
    4th, the Tacpack works like a dream
    and 5th.. Good morning Vietnam..

Name:	fsx 2016-01-26 22-12-00-20.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	35001

Well done...SimworksStudio
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Didn't quite escape.
    I haven't tried a cat launch yet and have crashed it twice (whoops - both times pilot error) but so far am really quite impressed with the package. It definitely does give a FPS hit, although I know I've got my settings a bit high, which doesn't help. I had no problem starting or flying it, though, using the manual for the start checklist (and hunting for a while to find the Gennys...) - now I need to learn how to land it, after which I'll try catching wires on a runway, then catching wires on a big boat.

Ian P.

Paint Request

Request a VF-151 (F-4B) USS Coral Sea such as this:

Really getting to enjoy it now. Thanks for help.

Matt

Yes! I moved both XMLtools.dll and dll.xml to the root of fsx. Now I have control! Yahoo!

Just an installer that can't handle Windows 10?

Cees

Trapped her!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Yes! I moved both XMLtools.dll and dll.xml to the root of fsx. Now I have control! Yahoo!

Just an installer that can't handle Windows 10?

Cees
    Not necessarily. I'm running WinX and have not had any issues with the installation.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Cees, I'm glad you got your controls working. I have both the XMLTools.dll and xml.dll in the FSX root directory and it's still not working. I think maybe it's because I'm still running Windows XP. Waiting for a reply over at the Simworks forum.
    Have fun scaring yourself at the back of the carrier!

She will function without Tacpack, but she functions better with.....

I'm having a blast! Only one thing to wish for: a repaint as the old Airfix kit had it.

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 6