Paint Schemes MilViz F-4 Phantom - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Paint Schemes MilViz F-4 Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    On the subject of the pylons, so far, the three (3) actual, real life pilots working with us on the project haven't said a word about the inboard pylons being necessary for stability (or anything else for that matter) so, if you don't mind, please locate the information about that and send it along.
    First - I didn't say the pylons were necessary for stability ... I said, "(they actually helped stabilize the airplane)". They are, in effect, another set of fins; they have very little drag (no, I don't have the drag index at hand); and they were a chore to remove/put back on (no, I don't have a maintenance manual handy) ... so they stayed on almost always (yes, you can find exceptions as on Functional Check Flights or display birds).

Second - I defer to your three "real life pilots" ... their combined experience no doubt is greater than my fourteen years in the cockpit (C, D, E, slatted E).

Third - I'm old(er), obviously, and don't have the time or energy to "locate" the information" on the design of the pylons, sorry.

The (real) point I was unsuccessfully striving to make is that the developers should consider including an option to mount empty inboard pylons since that was how the airplane flew much of the time. Along those same lines, it's not as sexy as things that go boom, but peacetime training loads such as the SUU-20, SUU-21, and travel pods should be considered, in my humble opinion.

Great simulation of a great airplane - thanks!!

Gene K

Gene, that's phabulous experience! The 3 people referred to are all ex drivers as well. I love hearing about the individual experiences from different guys, it really broadens the knowledge base for everyone. Thanks for sharing!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Gene,

I agree with you.

If you load fuel tanks, or any pod (I believe), the empty pylons appear, so there is a work around.

Gene,

We do include the napalm tanks that are usually used for pilot pods though these ones do have fins. I will ask Colin about doing them without. Either way, they would be on both pylons.

For the other "weapons", it will not happen as we are already at our limit for exporting into the sim. I apologize. Perhaps, we will do a "weapons pack" that has these and other missing things, such as retarded bombs and others.

As for the stability issue, I will ask our other three pilots about this and see what they say, and, if true, then we will allow for it. Either way, necessary or not, this was never mentioned.

Please do not take offense as there is none intended. You should realize that, in our position, we get a lot of people claiming they are pilots or crew chiefs (never just a crew member or a mechanic) of this aircraft and that aircraft every single day. 99 times out of a 100, they are not what they claim to be. This is why we usually ask for proof of some kind. Most real world pilots or crew chiefs have no problem with that. It's important that we can prove it so that there's no backlash at us after the product is released.

That said, if you're interested, we would love to have you on the team as a tester. That would make Phour Phantom pilots. A nice even number. What will you say?

Thank you.

Kat.

Kat--

I bet you if you ask Colin to do travel pods, my name will be the first to come out of Colin's mouth...just sayin'!!!! I am "Mr. Travel Pod"...so if you can get Colin to do them, you're my hero!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Kat--

I bet you if you ask Colin to do travel pods, my name will be the first to come out of Colin's mouth...just sayin'!!!! I am "Mr. Travel Pod"...so if you can get Colin to do them, you're my hero!

Kent

travel pods would be awesome!

I was happy when I thought I was getting an E with an external J. The news of a fully developed S and the possibility of an external D... Hogs Heaven.

I'm really glad Milviz made a payware beta available because it means I can enjoy a great model now... I would imagine it might be some time before we can get our hands on the S and D... lotta work in all that.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    ... [travel pods] would be on both pylons.
    Appreciate the programming challenges, but "normal" load would be only one on the left pylon.

Perhaps, we will do a "weapons pack" ....
    Maybe a "peacetime training pack" too?

we get a lot of people claiming they are pilots or crew chiefs ... every single day. ... 99 times out of a 100, they are not what they claim to be.
    Funny (but not to your team, of course).

... would love to have you on the team as a tester.
    Thanks Kat, I appreciate that offer, but I already have too many fun "obligations", such as grandkids and radio control flying. Besides, I'm semi-aged (got my wings in 1966!) and memory is a little skewed by now.

Gene K

problem with the Milviz site

Kat,

I've been trying to access both the Milviz forums and the site for about 30 minutes now. No joy.

I hope everything is ok?

Dumonceau

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I am enjoying the F-4E immensely, and I am grateful for any other model that will appear. Even if no extra models would be forthcoming this package would be worth its price for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
    "normal" load would be only one on the left pylon.

Gene K
    I have seen them with two, how else are two guys gonna get all those cheap trinkets back from a SEA deployment

Didn't the Luftwaffe once allow a belly tank to be converted to a flying bar?

Very popular at airshows at the time.

Dave

Just found 3 new (well...at least to me...) repaints of the MV F-4E:

Aegean Blue

Aegean Ghost

The third repaint is in the next post...
    Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Egyptian AF

Here is the address of the blog I found them on, first shown in the Milvit F-4E support forum...

joelaars.blogspot.com

Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Just a side note. The USN repaint for the cloud 9 F-4E that I am familiar with was done by a fellow who flew them in real life. I thought I recognized his name and looked it up, he flew the B or J version in the USN during the Viet Nam era and shot down a Mig 19 in 1972 while a member of the squadron the repaint depicts. At the time the Cloud 9 Phantom was the best one going so I think he decided to roll with what was available.
    Wrong! The repaint of the C9 F-4F in VF-161 Rock Rivers (Chargers) paint scheme was done by me! Henry "Black Bart" Bartholomay was on beta with me and he requested it. And yes, it was his MiG-killer I tried to recreate, an F-4B.

Best regards
    Dag

Its Brown Bart BTW , ask him why , He shot down the last Mig in Vietnam but got the nickname in a somewhat lesser moment of glory. . .

I sent him a copy to look over , with luck he still has his Thrustmaster plugged in

Post Script , Barts gone over to the dark side, running a mac and said he hasnt touched a pc in years .

Best CJ
    Last edited by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL; August 30th, 2014 at 15:37.

Thank you DagR!

Those guys with the Aegean/HAF colours beat me to it. Very nice work but I think they need some corrections in the roundels. The ones Gunnar had in the HAF Hill Gray camo that is included in the pack are more correct in size and colour imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thank you DagR!

Those guys with the Aegean/HAF colours beat me to it. Very nice work but I think they need some corrections in the roundels. The ones Gunnar had in the HAF Hill Gray camo that is included in the pack are more correct in size and colour imho.
    I agree, the HAF roundels are wrongly proportioned.

Best regards
    Dag

Hey guys, just wondering if there were any paints around that anyone was willing to share? I just downloaded the ones posted above. I'm more than happy to wait until a later release, but thought I would ask here anyway as I wouldn't mind flying in a different livery for a change. Thanks

Still a WIP

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails `.jpg  

Looks great,Bill!
    Mike

I know its not the right F4 but I like the sundowner colors, just havin fun

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Thought I would start a thread that details the paint schemes for the upcoming Milviz F-4 Phantom.
    I'm really enjoying this thread, even if it's sometimes a little off topic to the original intent above.

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................

You have some absolutely beautiful paints, Tom ... so where can I find/download them (if you've made them available).

Thanks,

Gene K

Gene, many have been submitted to Milviz for release with the finished product. Those not used with the release will be posted for upload here or at Flightsim.com. Thanks for the comment.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Those not used with the release will be posted for upload here or at Flightsim.com.
    That's great ... sort of (the wait ).

Gene K

Members who have read this thread: 9