Visual Enhancement Procedure? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visual Enhancement Procedure?

If you are using my environment effects, released back before Ankor's shaders were available, the water files and shaders files are not compatible and should be removed in order to use Ankor's work.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for this information..
    All my Advanced set ups have this installed..
    I will remove the environment files and reload from my stock set ups..
    onward and upward..

Yep, they are now obsolete, get rid of them if you installed them and use Ankor's work instead. The suneffect and related textures are still compatible, but not the water. I'll eventually redo them all to make them compatible with Ankor's mod.

It's been so long since I installed, I honestly can't remember. Is there an easy list of what I need to remove, if indeed I have them installed?

Gecko,

OK, now that I've looked into it, I definitely have your files installed as it gets me a true night, so I really don't want to lose that. Can I remove some files to get the water working properly but still maintain the night? When I looked at the files, nothing jumped out at me as obviously sea related.

I'm not with my PC at the moment, so I don't recall all the texture names. But here's what I remember: the water textures are located in the effects/fxtextures folder. There are four textures that start with "cfs3h2o" and 16 that start with h2o_01 thru h2o_16. Remove them and replace them with others from another install or there are several sets for download here. Also you will need to remove the shaders.xml located in the main directory and replace it with the stock shaders.xml. Then you will need to apply the shaders edit described in post #23 here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...knowledge-base

Leave everything else alone and your dark nights will be left intact.

Excellent! Thank you! I am now up and rolling nicely.

New problem though. I have always feared that my lack of knowledge about the ins and outs of texturing in CFS3 would bite me one day, and it has. I whipped up skins for four B-17s a while back, and with all the new changes discussed here, two are fine and two are washed out bright. I did them all the same and the 's' textures are the same I think. Any ideas? I'm going to investigate more deeply tonight.

Usually this means you have a missing _r.dds or _s.dds.

Solved! It was simply the DXT3/1 thing again.

Members who have read this thread: 0