Mare Nostrum - aka The Italian Job aka Asian Adventure - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mare Nostrum - aka The Italian Job aka Asian Adventure

Hi All!

Here we are again, a good flight from EDDS to EDDN to EDDF (Stuttgart to Nuremburg to Frankfurt) Just checking out the sites and enjoying the scenery. hehe. As usual i had a big Oops with the He-111, I stalled it in a first class fashion and cleared out a bunch of trees in the fellows field, and of course he thanked me by pointing a big pitch fork at me. But any after getting up into the air again I caught up with the flight and landed at Frankfurt, and a big suspries the He-111 and I didn't try to plow the runway for a change. Looking across the runway( picture where the He-111 is park by it self) is I think is a French Air Force base, the planes looks like the C-119.

Until next time.

Guess what, "i'm back."

Just to keep you up to date, we took yesterday off for a little R&R and getting the planes ready for the Rhine Gorge run. Got fixed up a little early so I buzzed around the airport and did a little sight seeing. With a little bit of luck we should be flying today.

Hi There!!

Looks like we did fly yesterday. Down the Rhine and thru the Gorge (shucks, almost sounds like a song we used to sing in grammer school,hehe). Nice flight, me and the He-51 was lagging behind MM and Moses whose birds were just a little faster than the He-51, but we made to EDDK without hitting any of those high walls or anything else.

Taco

Hi there, hehe, and you thought I was done.

Here are more pictures of last nights flight, and we all landed at EDDK......Here we will again change to different aircraft.

pictures didn't up load. Trying again.

A few more photos. First, truning north into the Rhine Gorge near Bingen. Getting down low. Slipping past the siren song of Lorelie. And the towns long the Rhine near Koblenz. Lots of twisty flying so not good photography.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TR_EDDK_Bingen.jpg   TR_EDDK_Turn into Rhine Gorge.jpg   TR_EDDK_Around Lorelei.jpg   TR_EDDK_Rhine near Koblenz.jpg  
    -Mike

Good Day out there

Last nights flight was something else believe me! First we were flying Stukas and planning a bombing run on the Murfee Heights. We were at 10,000ft when we started the down ward plunge! About half way down I was sure glad that I skip breakfast this AM. Still it felt like my blood didn't know what way to go up or down, well enough of that, the bomb release was around 1500 or so and then the pull out during the pull out I thought me body and seat was going right thru the bottom of the stuka. But alas, we made the climb back to altitude and flew on to Paris Le Bourget (LFPB).

Hey here we are again.

We Le Bourget and did a little sight seeing around the City of Lights. for us country boys that's Paris, France. hehe. Now lets see what we flew over during our sight seeing. Arc de Triomphe, The Louvre. Notre Dame. Les Invalides, this is where they buried that small fellow named Napoleon. A few other sites including the Eiffel Tower, and we even had some thoughts about trying to fly under the Tower, but as we got closer it didn't seem like a good idea. Well anyway we flew on to Vichy France where we did a little R&R.

Next we will be on our way to Dordeaux and the Bay of Biscayne. So until the next time. CYA.

Patrolling the French coast today. The Do 217 gives a splendid view.

Hey there!

Here are some pictures from last nights flight.

Hey more pictures making up for the ones I missed a few days ago. Real nice flight, checking out sub pens and buzzing an airport at low level. One picture you can see me chasing MM He-111 diving down toward the sub pen. We left LFBD and flew to LFRZ and will contintue onto LFRH to LFRJ on the next flight.

Hey, here we are.

This flight was from LFRZ-Lfrh-LFRJ- and landed at LFRD. Check out the Sub Pens along the route and buzzed a few of the local plus the airport. Boy, we sure get some funny communations from those airport towers. Those bloody folks talked so fast I coundn't under stand a word they were saying, but when I landed at LFRD there were some local POOOlice waiting to give a little gift. hehe. No problem, I will just forward it to Mr. Goring the top dog of this flying circus.

This here dumbie almost didn't make it, must have been day dreaming and stalled the He-111 two times. Boy, did old Dudley give a very bad time, and he didn't talk to me for the rest of the flight.......come to think about he still hasn't talked to me. The man can't take a joke! hehe. Any excuse will do!

A few pics from the past week or so. For an old conversion from CFS 3, this ol' Ju 88 aint too bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-aug-2-001.jpg   Flt 19-2014-jul-23-002.jpg   Flt 19-2014-jul-31-001.jpg   Flt 19-2014-jul-31-002.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Not to worry folks! Flight 19 will return after a little R&R, and equipment changes.

A few pics from tonite's flight to London and then back to the continent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-aug-8-005.jpg   Flt 19-2014-aug-8-004.jpg   Flt 19-2014-aug-8-003.jpg   Flt 19-2014-aug-8-002.jpg   Flt 19-2014-aug-8-006.jpg   Flt 19-2014-aug-8-007.jpg  

Somewhere in Holland is the annual Focke Wulf 190 convention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-aug-9-002.jpg  

Ha Ha you all throught I disappeared. Well, "I'm back" the darn puter was giveing me some problems, and problems with my server. Hopefully, all problems are gone.

Just a few random pictures from a few of our last flights.

Hi again folks,

A real neat flight last night up in Northern Germany, in fact, if I would have fallen asleep and woke up I would have swore that we were in Kansas, USA.
    Wow, it was real flat landscape. One fair thought we made a low pass over an island where a lot of folks go for their holidays, and the beaches were aligned with all kinds of pretty people and some in those real, real small swimming suit, I guess they are for swimming. Thought hard about landing and do a little swimming myself, but as you know duty comes first. (so they say)

Hey there,

As usual, I forgot to take more pictures of last nights flight, but got carried away with all the conversations we were having via the radios. We over flew OSLO and landed at ENKJ which is around 14 miles south of Oslo. Willy and his Focke Wulf were having some problems and missed the flight, but he will catch up shortly. Really enjoyed this flight, great weather and good conversation from all. You sure can't beat that. So long.

Well,here I is again.

Bad day! Bad weather set in (real life) me old engine started missing loosing power so I returned to ENBR Bergen for repairs. Flight 19 contintue on to ENVA. My chore is to get the 190A-3 ready and fly like heck to catch up with the group. On my way, after repairs, I was clipping along when the here FW-190A-4 painted green, of all colors, flew along side and gave me the once over. I gave him a high five, and the bloody bugger just peeled off and went home I guess. Not a friendly sort! Pushing the 190 hopping to catch up with Flight 19 before they take off again. So CYA.

I'm back!!! hehe.

Hey, by golly, I caught up with Flight 19 before the next departure to unknown land
    of mystery, sounds funny to say, but I don't know any thing about this here land. One thing I do know if this place had sandy beaches I could bet that the ladies wouldn't be wearing bikinis and men wearing those speedo things. Some of these big ditches have granite walls higher than heck, you would need to be half mountain goat to even thing about climbing them! It sure isn't my thing!

Just a few shots from the Saturday Flight.

Faster aircraft, wider expanse...

Hi there again!

Well, here we are with the continuing saga of Flight 19. As you have noticed Flight 19 has upgraded to the German's jets of WWII. Flying the jets we started a EFOU (OULU) to EFHF (Helsinki) from Helsinki we contintued on to UMII (not even going to try to spell the city name). During this flight a couples of us made some dumb mistakes. Myself, hit the wrong button and my external drop tanks DROPPED! Here hopping I don't run out of fuel during the remaining part of the flight. Another pilot hit the wrong button and kill both engines of his 262, but he got her started befor the ground came up to smack him hehe. Needless to say, we need more time in these jet or we may run into some mountain somewhere. And that could be bad.

I'll fess up as to being the 262 driver who shut down his engines. All I can say is that the altitude hold is close to the emergency shutdown
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2014-aug-21-001.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3