Iris Raptor Driver FsX released.

Thread: Iris Raptor Driver FsX released.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Iris Raptor Driver FsX released.

Looks like FsX now gets the upgraded version of the Raptor that was developed for P3D:

http://secure.simmarket.com/iris-air...iver-fsx.phtml
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

It doesn't appear to be TacPack enabled though. I'll stick with my older version...
    I pass gas!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I’m surprised that nothing more was posted about this release. I can recommend it; she looks and flies beautifully and is great fun, even without TacPac (coming later). The cockpit really looks like one of a fifth-generation fighter.

Downloading right now; It's now 20% off at their store, minus another 10% for being a loyal customer and another $8 off in points means I bought it for $12,95 AUD.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

To be honest I thought they were going to update the first version

did they get an after burner effect working on the new one

As far as I know this is a new version, developed for P3D in cooperation with Lockheed Martin so it should be far more accurate. There is now a working afterburner effect (Though I haven't checked if it works with the thrust vectoring nozzles.) The textures look a lot better compared to the rather flat finish in the original product, the cockpit is more 'complete' and apart from a few strange self-shadowing anomalies (This might just be an FsX issue though) I'm quite happy.

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    To be honest I thought they were going to update the first version

did they get an after burner effect working on the new one
    I'm not surprised it isn't a free update to the original, which I own. The original was never fixed completely and promised to be an update, which morphed into a version 2 paid release. They made a similar promise with their C-27 and that's looking doubtful too. It's amazing how far this companies fallen from their great T-6B release that enamored me with them years ago. I once believed and therefore supported by purchasing their products. Trends like this make me doubtful they'll ever fully support any of their releases completely.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I'm not surprised it isn't a free update to the original, which I own. The original was never fixed completely and promised to be an update, which morphed into a version 2 paid release. They made a similar promise with their C-27 and that's looking doubtful too. It's amazing how far this companies fallen from their great T-6B release that enamored me with them years ago. I once believed and therefore supported by purchasing their products. Trends like this make me doubtful they'll ever fully support any of their releases completely.
    I thought the same thing, and I'm pretty sure it was said that the revamped bird was going to be an update to the original incomplete aircraft.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    As far as I know this is a new version, developed for P3D in cooperation with Lockheed Martin so it should be far more accurate. There is now a working afterburner effect (Though I haven't checked if it works with the thrust vectoring nozzles.) The textures look a lot better compared to the rather flat finish in the original product, the cockpit is more 'complete' and apart from a few strange self-shadowing anomalies (This might just be an FsX issue though) I'm quite happy.

These pics look like photos, Ferry!

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    I thought the same thing, and I'm pretty sure it was said that the revamped bird was going to be an update to the original incomplete aircraft.
    David, since you've posted regarding making a PC24 and maybe missed this posting, any chance we misunderstood your former intent on releasing an update to the original owners of these 2 birds? Just looking for clarification from Iris. I believe in always giving a second chance and your new PC21 looks promising, but once bitten, twice shy...

Thanks in advance

Matt

You seem to have those control laws figured out Pam

Yeah, but the music? Aircraft videos demand Death Metal or "Danger Zone"!

Blog Entries
    I do, but the point is, the F-22 can do everything this plane can do. It does it slightly slower, but it can do it.. That's why I'm curious..

Stryker,

The older ADF product did indeed have an upgrade some time ago to the latest version, though the Raptor Driver is an entirely new product, with new art, new models, new flight dynamics and sound along with the brand new systems. We do offer a 20% discount for existing ADF customers subject to proof of purchase.

Pam,

Does that video make use of other 3rd party modifications/addons to work? I recall you sending me a mod to the older ADF product previously, however as some of the files were from SimSkunworks, we were unable to make use of them in a commercial capacity.

Regards

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Stryker,

The older ADF product did indeed have an upgrade some time ago to the latest version, though the Raptor Driver is an entirely new product, with new art, new models, new flight dynamics and sound along with the brand new systems. We do offer a 20% discount for existing ADF customers subject to proof of purchase.

Regards

David.
    David,

Can you provide a link to that upgrade. Myself and few others seem to have missed that upgrade link and the news of it. Also, what of the C-27 update? Will it be a free update to those that purchased the original? Here is a link to the one we're referencing: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...ation-Software

I posted the link because my purchased product link is no longer available from the The Flightsimstore, so therefore not able to get the latest version.

Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by strykerpsg; July 6th, 2014 at 20:19. Reason: Added link to original F-22 sold in 2011

Matt

Blog Entries
    David,
    It uses RCBerands guages which rely on another persons dll file. Ive never had anything come from sim skunkworks I dont even know what they make.
    But if i can figure it out with RCBerands help, it cant be that hard.

Anyone have the ADF F-22 final patch?

Smudge or anyone have the patch David is referring too? The store no longer sells it so there's no update available. When I look on the Iris website, no link there either, just their latest release.

Apologies for being sort of off topic, but looking for the final piece as promised long ago. I am curious as to the difference between it and the new release.

Matt

How to be applied to the fuel tanks?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    How to be applied to the fuel tanks?
    On the Primary Multifunction Display ( center lower display ) you have the EFT ( external fuel tanks ) option (pushbutton 5). This button toggles the ext fuel tanks ON and OFF and can ONLY be done when
    the aircraft meets the following conditions :
    both engines shut-down / aircraft on the ground / aircraft is stationary. ( IRIS MANUAL PAGE 76 ). Bye
    The more you do, the less you dream

Members who have read this thread: 16