Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project
Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project

Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project

Since 1983 Soloy has produced nearly 80 Cessna 206 conversions using the 418 HP Rolls-Royce / Allison 250-C20S Turboshaft engine combined with Soloy’s Patented Turbine-Pac gearbox drive system. The conversion adds extreme reliability, versatility and performance to the already tough Cessna 206 airframe. It is also one of the quietest high-performance singles available giving the Soloy 206 high marks as a neighbor-friendly aircraft. The Soloy Cessna 206s are used world-wide for a variety of applications ranging from Police surveillance to skydiving.

It is my first turbine plane project for FSX/P3D. First shot:

Hope you like it.

Always three Greens

Thomas

niiiiiiiiiice..ill be looking forward to having this in my hanger for certin.

Blog Entries
    YES!!! Awesome work Thomas. I know it's way too early to ask, but will there be float variants?

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

First, I will do the Mark I Conversation. Yes, float vaiants are on my list. Later on project I will start Mark II Conversation.

For both, Pilot Manuals are needed. Any help is more than welcome.

Thomas

Project update: the texture mapping is almost done. I compiled it as an aircraft in FSX for the first time. The very first steps are done. Now I have to correct a lot of things like rudders or engine cowling in exterior.

Thomas

looking nice
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

WIP-Update

This bird was the initial to build a Soloy. D-ETHW was used as a skydive aircraft in Southwest of Germany in Mannheim area and was sold three years ago to Poland. Today it is SP-ASI and wears the same painting.

Thomas

Looks awesome!
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Great! We just had one of these rare things stop by our airport a few weeks back!

Noone knew what it was - I thought it was a 207 but then I noticed the exhaust manifold when it taxied past the tower

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Nice shot, @ryanbatc, thank you for sharing. Working on exterior modelling is going on. New are 3d-pilot and skydiving doors and steps.

Project is going on: I got the Pilot Manual of this unique bird. The turbine engine, VC and cabin working are the next steps...

Thomas

Great work, Thomas - looking really good!

Freeware or payware?

Either way looks great!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Exterior models of Mark I are nearly complete. Floating version is on the way. Both D-ETUA and D-EJNB are current models with 5-blade propeller, flying in Germany for skydiving services at EDME Eggenfelden, Bavaria. Check Bcf Catalogue and Ezibuy Catalogue.

Thanks for the previews, it's looking amazing!

One of Exterior is missing:

WIP, first try.

Looks fantastic! Thanks for the updates.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

She looks GREAT!!!! I am looking forward to this one!! VERY nice work!

Don BP

Great work! Looking forward to this.
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Gear and water rudder animations are done after a long time of try and error. 3- and 5-blade versions are done.

Always three Greens

Thomas

thanks for all your hard work - looking forward to the final aircraft.

Work is going on. WIP. Hope you like it.

Thomas

I was wondering what had happened to this project. This is looking GREAT!!! Many are looking forward to this one!!!

Don

Members who have read this thread: 6