Rob Richardson's upcoming DH125 - Some progress shots - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rob Richardson's upcoming DH125 - Some progress shots

Gill Sans is ridiculously expensive, if it can be licensed at all.

Alternatives (according to a quick search):
    http://www.latofonts.com/
    http://www.impallari.com/cabin/

SOH-CM-2023
    Even better news for using the correct font, Googled Mil Spec 33558 & there is a free download. This is the correct font if you compare it with photos of the 125 cockpit seen on the web, - found it by accident just now! www .fontsaddict.com - they do not want a hot link.
    Keith

Finding a suitable font can be a mind-numbing task. I spent a lot of time on fontshop.com looking for instrument fonts where you can enter a display string like "1234567890" and a font size and it'll display your text to that size. Then tell you it's £185 for the five-font set!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2023
    Tom,
    Yes I found a lot like that even tho they advertise Free downloads, although some sites do have a 'private use' free d/l, & only if one is going to use commercially does one have to pay.
    Keith

Icon26 Robs HS125 is out

The HS125 is posted for download on Robs site.

Work-in-progress!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18634272.jpg  

Just finished flying it. Very nice! I've been hoping for a good HS.125 with a VC since early FS9 days. It looks great, flies great, and even sounds like the Viper powered beast! Thank you Rob!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahhh, almost forgot. If any of you repainter guys are up to it, I'd love to see these paints, especially the Red & White version. I had both of these kits back in the late 70's early 80's.

Attachment 8987Attachment 8988

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello Rob,

-Beautiful!
    Thank you!

Alain

-

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to get home tonight to try Rob - I'm sure it'll be superb.

I echo Storm's RAF Dominie hopes for an RAF paint.

I learned something new today .... looking at the Airfix model cover showing the unpainted white radome - it looked odd, since I'd only ever seen them painted thus ......

... but I did some digging, and in fact, in the 70s, they did have the radome unpainted (or painted in dielectric paint) ....

Personally, I think the newer, painted-over scheme looks smarter - but the other paint scheme certainly was used, at least at RAF Manby's College of Air Warfare....

Live and learn.

DL

Thanks so much, Rob!! Looks great, sounds great, and flies great.

Late 70's I had my first good job, right seat in a King Air, and the chief pilot's brother flew a DH-125 with Vipers. Got to crawl through it--built like a tank and never forgot those yokes.

Cheers,
    steve

Can we get a sticky on this? (or perhaps a new/merged release thread)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 133