USS Midway - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: USS Midway

Blog Entries
    Great job Gary.

Apart from a somewhat noticeable FPS hit once aboard, it's superb. Your very clever use of Jagls static model options helped (took out the F-4s) and it was very manageable.

Thanks for this gift.

DL

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks for the link ^ . Are there LSO voices in English available? If so, where can I find them?
    I think the RFN TACAN package uses the default LSO voices from the Acceleration missions for the English language ships.

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Great job Gary.

Apart from a somewhat noticeable FPS hit once aboard, it's superb. Your very clever use of Jagls static model options helped (took out the F-4s) and it was very manageable.

Thanks for this gift.

DL
    If I had to guess, the minor FPS issue is due to the smoke stack effect. Some users may not have an issue but others including myself have. It's not too bad though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Hay Dave-I took some of your advice 'Gary will learn to add moving bits....aerials and lights'. Added the aerials....lights and moving bits were much harder!

(Haven't posted on CBFSIM for a loooooong time but still and avid viewer on the site)

Hiya Gary,

You WILL learn how to animate and add lights in the fullness of time.. I honestly believe it. I remember Dave Maltby telling me many years ago that reverse polish notation (I think that's what it was.. aka XML) was a step too far and he'd never get his head around it. I told him that was so much poop as I had the ultimate faith in his ability. When the penny dropped.. there was no stopping him! I'm sure it will be the same with you

Think I loaded her up a bit too close to shore last night. When she hit a couple of those invisible hard bits in the sea.. the Tooms shot 50 or 60 feet in the air though they did rest back in their correct positions when things calmed down. I see a frame hit too.. rates dropping from mid to low teens. Just manageable though. Storm mentioned the smoke and there IS a lot of it which may be hitting frames. Panning to look at the rear parked Phantoms also gave a noticeable hit but as I said.. just manageable.

ATB
    DaveB

Sorry, i didn't readed all the thread, but this project is free or payware?
    It looks very good! :thumbup:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Freeware!

Gary, you are far too modest. This is a notable achievement and your skills are far from limited! Hugely generous of you with your time on this - note that this USN period is a passing interest - we are all very very grateful.

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Just downloaded the update. A very nice Christmas gift. Great work Gary.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

On the premise that the only stupid question is the one.....

Is it possible to do carrier ops in fsx sp2? And if a carrier is setup to work in acceleration, will it work at all without it?

And where can I find this marvelous piece of work? I am always in awe of those who can do this work well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    On the premise that the only stupid question is the one.....

Is it possible to do carrier ops in fsx sp2? And if a carrier is setup to work in acceleration, will it work at all without it?

And where can I find this marvelous piece of work? I am always in awe of those who can do this work well.

Without Accelereation, you can't use movable, land able aircraft carriers in FSX.

The latest model is linked right in Gary's post #122 - halfway down the post.

DL

Wow. Gary! This is wonderful! Thanks
    And thanks also to you DL:beer:
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Am not able to try this in the sim for a day or so but have looked at the files. Very interesting method used for the parked a/c - looks similar to how the SDB Enterprise has the SH-3 plane guard moving along with the cv.

Intrigued to know if you can change the number of e.g. A-6's or F-4's (or if it is just one or a fixed group of each a/c type) and also how they and where they position on the deck.

Also, presumably one can substitute any other flyable or AI models?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

USS Midway

Very nice Gary, Thank you and Happy New Year!

Very Nice....Thank you very much

Cat launch

Does this version have the ability to cat launch aircraft? I tried and nothing happened.

Shift + U
    Shift + I
    Shift + Space

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Does this version have the ability to cat launch aircraft? I tried and nothing happened.

Shift + U
    Shift + I
    Shift + Space
    Yes it does. At the start of the catapult you should see a shuttle protruding (if you're in external spot view). The catapult start attachpoint is positioned on that shuttle so this is where the launch bar position on the aircraft needs to be aligned to.

ATB
    Gary

Members who have read this thread: 23