Tornado GR1 in-development - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tornado GR1 in-development

Love it !!!

I really like the "used" look especially the thrust levers.
    I hope the 3D cockpit looks about same as the 2D panels

And yep this is an absolute must buy on my list too....

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    This will be a MUST-BUY for me.
    Thanks for sharing the WIP screenshots
    Simply addon MUST TO HAVE line. Im in!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

just in case somebody missed it

JF released a new WIP shot on their facebook page

GR1 for sure

I really love their PR9 but I had some issues me and the support team couldn't fix, the sudden electrical loss in flight resulting in inop GPS and AP disconnection are among others. I am gonna get this one when its out.

Thanks for the HU by the way
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Some extra pics are going out this week in our newsletter, but here's another preview from our Facebook page:

A bit rough: can't the pilots wash their hands before flight???

Splendid modelling and texturing so far!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Another one from the latest set to be published on our In-Development page:

Mine!!

Dave

Here is an early beta preview of the TFR display in the GR1.

A pic showing the Tornado in it's current state. The HUD and coaming features have been added since it's last public appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    A pic showing the Tornado in it's current state. The HUD and coaming features have been added since it's last public appearance.

This is going to get bought the second it comes available. Still my favorite combat flight sim of ALL TIME was Tornado. all weather interdiction fast and low in the soup is and was awesome.

Nice work, cant wait too!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

i know this is still a work in progress shot but i'm really hoping for a better texture for the hud.
    it looks like the same as it was in the eurofighter and this was the one thing that bothered me the most - from the external point of view

still this is going to be an awesome plane i think, thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by rezn550 View Post
    i know this is still a work in progress shot but i'm really hoping for a better texture for the hud.
    it looks like the same as it was in the eurofighter and this was the one thing that bothered me the most - from the external point of view

still this is going to be an awesome plane i think, thanks for the heads up
    +1

and too dark:

Or maybe will be knob for this?

Since nobody from the JF stuff shared this picutre in this forum yet i hope it's ok that i am doing this now ....

couldn't resist sorry

from their facebook page i think it's the first BETA livery

Yikes, it's a drone! (no doubt a pilot will be along in due course)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Regarding the HUD, I think the screenshot compression has not done it justice. It will have variable brightness and is pin-sharp etc. We'll post more pics of the HUD at a later date to demonstrate this.

Here are some pics showing the progress on the VC:

Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Regarding the HUD, I think the screenshot compression has not done it justice. It will have variable brightness and is pin-sharp etc. We'll post more pics of the HUD at a later date to demonstrate this.
    Its not the variable brightness/sharpness but the translucency that is missing. In reality there is a bit of mixing between the light reflected off the combiner and the light coming from outside. The material blend settings on the HUD polygon need to be changed.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Its not the variable brightness/sharpness but the translucency that is missing. In reality there is a bit of mixing between the light reflected off the combiner and the light coming from outside. The material blend settings on the HUD polygon need to be changed.
    Already well underway
    Martyn

This is sure looking quite excellent; I'll be looking forward to flying this one!
    Jim Stewart

That is one good looking cockpit!

Here's a pic of our first panel equipped with night lighting. Still beta of course...

Sweet !

Members who have read this thread: 10