Captain Sims Weapons Program

Thread: Captain Sims Weapons Program

Captain Sims Weapons Program

I purchased Captain Sim's Weapons package and works pretty good. Had to up scale the effects for my triple monitor set up but found it easy to add to any of my third party aircraft. I registered with their forum and been reading but for some reason I can't post so I wondered if I might find some help here. My question, and I read it can be done, I would like to change the xml file to unlimited ammunition. How do I or what numbers do I change? Works great on my single monitors set up to just run out of missles to fast!
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

< Unlimited > 0 < / Unlimited > change to < Unlimited > 1 < / Unlimited >

CS Weapons

Thank you! Thought it might be something like that. What about other csweapon.xml configurations like what point the missle might launch from on the wig? Are there maybe some already set up for us say for the F16 that we might download from somewhere or am I on my own on that one?
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

Captain Sims Weapons Selection

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    < Unlimited > 0 < / Unlimited > change to < Unlimited > 1 < / Unlimited >
    Looking at the xml I see all the types of guns and missiles listed but in the program have like only three types of guns, two types of rockets and two types of missiles. Can and how do I add the others?
    Mike G.

I just bought this, loaded it, selected an aircraft to use weapons with, then exited the program as directed by the manual. Then I booted FSX, selected that aircraft, but the indicator that CS Weapons for that aircraft is NOT showing in the aircraft preview screen, nor is the CS Weapons menu showing up, using Ctrl + 6 as the manual states.

SDK is NOT loaded with my current FSX install, but does it have to be?

Any help?

Thanks. NC

Update: well, I got ONE aircraft to load weapons use with; the default Hornet, but nothing else so far, even though the CS Loader says the different aircraft I have chosen have weapons loaded, nothing shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I just bought this, loaded it, selected an aircraft to use weapons with, then exited the program as directed by the manual. Then I booted FSX, selected that aircraft, but the indicator that CS Weapons for that aircraft is NOT showing in the aircraft preview screen, nor is the CS Weapons menu showing up, using Ctrl + 6 as the manual states.

SDK is NOT loaded with my current FSX install, but does it have to be?

Any help?

Thanks. NC

Update: well, I got ONE aircraft to load weapons use with; the default Hornet, but nothing else so far, even though the CS Loader says the different aircraft I have chosen have weapons loaded, nothing shows.
    Don't give up. It took me awhile but I now install the weapons system manually on any aircraft. I have also added third party missiles and adjust the points that the weapons fire from. Go through the manual a few times. I to started with the Hornet. I don't think it's the best to copy to another aircraft but a good start. I was using my system just today on Kirk Olsans F86. Guided missile shot down an ai aircraft before I left the ground. Wish I was more help but anymore I have the system working on so many of my aircraft I just pick one and copy the entries into the panel.cfg. Just remember the hud file in the panel folder otherwise I believe that will prevent the system from working as well.
    Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by uniform7 View Post
    Don't give up. It took me awhile but I now install the weapons system manually on any aircraft. I have also added third party missiles and adjust the points that the weapons fire from. Go through the manual a few times. I to started with the Hornet. I don't think it's the best to copy to another aircraft but a good start. I was using my system just today on Kirk Olsans F86. Guided missile shot down an ai aircraft before I left the ground. Wish I was more help but anymore I have the system working on so many of my aircraft I just pick one and copy the entries into the panel.cfg. Just remember the hud file in the panel folder otherwise I believe that will prevent the system from working as well.
    Thanks.

Figured out how to get the CS weps panel to show up for an aircraft. Guns and missiles fire, no problem. I switch to Ground mode, but no bombs are dropping. As you suggest, I will reread manual thoroughly. Am sure it is something simple. Usually is. NC

I bought WfFSX in 2011. Had also difficulties to make it work at the begining. I think it really is neccessary to read the User's manual and Software Development Kit manual (downloadable if I recall right) many times. The 2D HUD is the easy part and works practically with any airplane (and helicopters too). The tricky part is the 3D HUD because every 3D cockpit is modelled differently.

The best place to ask questions is this: http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/ya...?board=w001gen (needs signing in and the forum user account isn't the same as CS store user account).

I am sorry that I can't help any better right now because it's a couple of year's I last played with WfFSX. Since I have changed the computer and don't have it even installed at the moment. I am an old man and have forgotten most of the tricks of WfFSX. Should begin with reading the manuals myself too. But as I told the best place to set questions is the CS forum.

Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    I bought WfFSX in 2011. Had also difficulties to make it work at the begining. I think it really is neccessary to read the User's manual and Software Development Kit manual (downloadable if I recall right) many times. The 2D HUD is the easy part and works practically with any airplane (and helicopters too). The tricky part is the 3D HUD because every 3D cockpit is modelled differently.

The best place to ask questions is this: http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/ya...?board=w001gen (needs signing in and the forum user account isn't the same as CS store user account).

I am sorry that I can't help any better right now because it's a couple of year's I last played with WfFSX. Since I have changed the computer and don't have it even installed at the moment. I am an old man and have forgotten most of the tricks of WfFSX. Should begin with reading the manuals myself too. But as I told the best place to set questions is the CS forum.

Pekka
    The bombs don't work. They haven't developed them into the program yet. Just added the thing for possible future use. Try the guided misslies. Ste ten miles away get the signal lock. Set air to ground and go after boats to!
    Mike G.

Outside of TP, I only use for my helos in FS. There is no real SDK, only a .pdf file explaining how to add the HUD to a VC and some adjustments to the CS.xml file, along with explanations on the different sections. Search over on the CS forums in the Weapons section for answers and some .cfg's some for other aircraft done by forum members. If you go "Check In" to your CS order page, you can find the downloads section and get more weapons under "Free Liveries". A few freeware weapons packs out as well that will add to your armory.

For NC, there is also a .xml made for the Raz SLUF. Run the Weps Loader, then change out the .xml and make the panel.cfg adjusts. The bombs do not work out of the box, a quick fix is to model/fire them as missiles.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Outside of TP, I only use for my helos in FS. There is no real SDK, only a .pdf file explaining how to add the HUD to a VC and some adjustments to the CS.xml file, along with explanations on the different sections. Search over on the CS forums in the Weapons section for answers and some .cfg's some for other aircraft done by forum members. If you go "Check In" to your CS order page, you can find the downloads section and get more weapons under "Free Liveries". A few freeware weapons packs out as well that will add to your armory.

For NC, there is also a .xml made for the Raz SLUF. Run the Weps Loader, then change out the .xml and make the panel.cfg adjusts. The bombs do not work out of the box, a quick fix is to model/fire them as missiles.
    Thanks Changing out the .xml file and adjusting the panel.cfg all sounds just complicated enough for me to royally screw it up! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Thanks Changing out the .xml file and adjusting the panel.cfg all sounds just complicated enough for me to royally screw it up! NC
    Just save the original panel.cfg as panel.cfg.bak and if your changes screw things up go back to your original. Trust me, I screw things up all the time! Then fix them try again till I get it right!
    Mike G.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Outside of TP, I only use for my helos in FS. There is no real SDK, only a .pdf file explaining how to add the HUD to a VC and some adjustments to the CS.xml file,
    Yes, now I remember that I used some of my time to search the SDK on CS site in 2011 in order to download it. Negative. There really isn't any. I don't know why they have named that document as SDK?

Pekka

I post this here as it currently seems the most appropriate topic, though my intention is not
    to present the CS Weapons addon used in the video, but the "Convoy & Carrier Planner" utility (CCP).

CCP public release by FSX@War team, is most probably a matter of few days. Gives user the ability to spawn
    Carrier Task forces (boat convoy with the ability of spawning at Carrier) and/or Ground vehicle convoy with "few klicks" in FSX environment (both Free Flight & Missions).
    With CCP you may define the route/speed of each of many convoy types moving at the same time (or with delay) in FSX.
    Boat assets come from user's FSX "inventory", while ground vehicles provided in addition to user's inventory.

CCP is intended for the Tacpack to provide Ground vehicle convoys as targets for the weapons, but as you see in video is not restricted to
    Tacpack.

More details about CCP, when it's released, at an appropriate topic.
    My Military Flight Videos :

<weapon><gun></gun><shell></shell><unlimited></unlimited><station name="LeftWingOuter" params="-5,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><station name="LeftWingInner" params="-2,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><station name="RightWingInner" params="2,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><station name="RightWingOuter" params="5,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><mode name="AUTO" setshots="0" shotrate="30" sequence="1,2,3,4" reset="0"><mode name="X4" setshots="4" shotrate="30" sequence="1,2,3,4" reset="0"><mode name="1+4" setshots="2" shotrate="15" sequence="1,4" reset="0"><mode name="2+3" setshots="2" shotrate="15" sequence="2,3" reset="0"><defaultmode></defaultmode></mode></mode></mode></mode></station></station></station></station></weapon><weapon><gun></gun><shell></shell><unlimited></unlimited><station name="LeftWingOuter" params="-5,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><station name="LeftWingInner" params="-2,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><station name="RightWingInner" params="2,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><station name="RightWingOuter" params="5,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><mode name="AUTO" setshots="0" shotrate="30" sequence="1,2,3,4" reset="0"><mode name="X4" setshots="4" shotrate="30" sequence="1,2,3,4" reset="0"><mode name="1+4" setshots="2" shotrate="15" sequence="1,4" reset="0"><mode name="2+3" setshots="2" shotrate="15" sequence="2,3" reset="0"><defaultmode></defaultmode></mode></mode></mode></mode></station></station></station></station></weapon><weapon><gun></gun><shell></shell><unlimited></unlimited><station name="LeftWingOuter" params="-5,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"><station name="LeftWingInner" params="-2,0,0,0,-0.039,0,30"></station></station></weapon>

Open csweapon.xml with notepad and change 0 to 1 for the weapon type you want unlimited ammo.
    See second post.

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Open csweapon.xml with notepad and change 0 to 1 for the weapon type you want unlimited ammo.
    See second post.
    Thanks, should not have missed that one....

Nice vid Xpel, I'm sure the bad guys on the ground thought they heard the sound of an A-10, only to discover it was the War Hoover!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I've just achieved today the probably most "wish to be implemented" feature of cs weapon addon, by users :

Weapons attached to aircraft properly dissapearing upon firing'em & subsequent weight & plane balance effect.

Only in FSX Missions, for any weapon the plane carries... I don't have the programming skill for achieving this in Free Flight.
    So, I really understand that this is of too much limited interest.

This way, I have a F-14D with weapons, radar tracking AI traffic & players, and proper external weapons with according changes
    upon firing them. Excluding the MFDs & SAMs, pretty close to Tacpack, don't you think ?.... (most of other tacpack features can exist in
    Missions and even much more).

Brilliant! A really interesting application of CSweapons

Thanks Xpel for continuing to work on this program. The weight change is interesting, I have a few helicopter gunships that will probably never be added to Tacpack so the only other option is to add CS Weps. For many of these models, power limitations when adding more armament weight become a performance factor that one should be able to simulate.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thank you for your comments.

As a matter of fact, to simulate plane/heli weight change after a cs weapon release is a very simple thing.

But the ability of disappearing the attached to plane weapon/s, exclusively depends on the way that the
    Aircraft/heli developer has modeled the attached weapons : If in "Change payload" tab at Free Flight, you
    are able to change plane's weapons load out by providing the corresponding weapon weight values at the corresponding
    payload stations, than it's achievable.
    This is the case with all Cataneo's planes (and the values are provided by Dino Cataneo at Aircraft.cfg).

So, btw, if you want to fly F-14D full "Phoenix" loaded, just have a look at Aircraft.cfg and give these values to payload stations.
    Or if you'd like to see S-3B armed with 2 "Harpoons" missiles, that's the way to do it (regardless Tacpack that is).

Firing "Harpoons" with Cataneo's S-3B "Viking".

Note :
    - the "heavy stick" before missile launch
    - the right slight bank of plane after left missile launch
    - the upward pitching of plane after missiles release due to lighter weight.

I can definitely say that I'm very pleased with the total result, both visually & as flight "feeling".
    With the initial "Armament Menu", I can choose between diferrent type of armaments to be loaded :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X5VAnfnj2Q
    Last edited by xpelekis; January 10th, 2015 at 05:57.

S-3B "Viking" CS "Weapacked"...

Currently, the most complete, advanced, combat capable military aircraft in my FSX "hangar",
    for in FSX Mission flying.

Apart of the critical fact that properly simulates the visual & weight effect changes
    upon weapons release (exactly like the Tacpack), comes with an "Arming Menu" that
    arms easily the plane with up to 10 different weapon configurations.

This plane for me concludes an over 1.5 year effort to give to the military planes in FSX,
    combat abilities through FSX Mission building with CS Weapon addon... F-14D is next.

Members who have read this thread: 17