[Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit? - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit?

ok, time for some new picture (image editor edited)... just for fun. initial pilot cloth texture by gecko.

"The agressive fuel for the Komets Walter rocket engine required special protective clothing for the pilots. When it comes in contact with most materials, it decomposes and releases oxygen. Very quickly the oxygen content of the air exceeds a level where spontaneous combustion of materials occurs. In contact with skin it has a strong etching effect, similar but much stronger than the 9% hydrogen peroxide to bleach hair.
    The pilots wore special overalls to protect them from this agressive fluid. They were made of Mipolan fibers, which is a Dynamit-Nobel brandname for soft PVC. Unfortunately the fluid could penetrate the overall through the seams, and did not offer complete protection."

source: http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/me163/clothing.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_cloth_bf.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    That is just TOO Cool!!
    Bravo!!

thanks

well, the paint templates are almost done, so here are first two CFS3 Komet skins (rendered image) which probably will be included in the public release.
    I am not decided what for all skins to do yet. I think cca 6 skins could be enough... I would be happy for some user made skins in future
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Komet_render_002_bf.jpg   Komet_render_003_bf.jpg  

cool man !! can't wait for public release !

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Looks super!!!!!

thanks

ok guys, just some new idea: a did a low poly B-17 model some time ago which could be ported into CFS3 as AI aircraft, I suppose. this way could be maybe possible to get a huge enemy bomber formations for our Komet, with a better game performance, comparing to any other full B-17 add-on...

some images of the low poly B-17 attached (non-CFS3 ingame shots):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b17_debris_parts.jpg   Clipboard03.jpg   3drad_b17_wip_001.jpg   Clipboard08.jpg   3dar_b17_engine_damage_1.jpg   3dar_b17_engine_damage3.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    New Birds are always welcomed..
    Too Cool!!

With the newer Win 7 /8 computers many are getting now Large formations are very possible.
    The AI aircraft in the ETO/MAW PTO Rising Sun expansions are great for this.
    I expect with the advent of more members getting newer computers and the older XP machines being replaced.
    There will be many large formation missions being developed.
    Oh Yea!
    The main limiting factor has been the computer speeds for CFS3 and expansions.
    The CFS3 game engine does like fast CPU's and Video programs with lot of Ram to run loaded.

yep
    well, my PC isnt any HAL9000, just a quad cored machine at 3GHz, 4GB RAM with nVidia GTS450 1GB videocard, running
    games on WinXP ))

ok, time for some Me 163B "art" themes maybe - our Komet model with the mentioned lowpoly B-17 scene
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_green_attack1.jpg   komet_green_attack2.jpg   komet_red_attack1.jpg   komet_red_attack2.jpg  

ah, I forgot one thing, here is the red Komet skin for public release...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Komet_render_004_bf.jpg  

ok, here are ingame shots.
    I think I got a nice color settings at my CFS3 aswell. its a ENB settings and few small other things from wiekniera (a big thanks!) + own enpalette filter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2014_12_13_16_54_7.jpg   enb2014_12_13_16_52_9.jpg   enb2014_12_13_16_48_23.jpg   enb2014_12_13_12_58_48.jpg   enb2014_12_13_12_57_30.jpg  

Nice Borek! I like the B-17 idea too for those of us who have a hard time with FPS and huge formations.

As another development note, I have found some documents, apparently reproductions of original manuals, that I have been referencing and will use to compile a set of pilots notes. I have tried to incorporate as many features of the original systems operation as I could into the flight model, so the player will have access to the original procedures and be able to use them to fly the aircraft the same way it was flown 70 years ago.

the red scheme is outta sight. agree with the low-poly b-17. havent upgraded my pc in ages.

Pushing the limits Boreks!!

Last edited by wiekniera; December 14th, 2014 at 02:52.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Dogfighting in a Me 163 is Fun!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me 163b 01.jpg   Me 163b HH 002.jpg   Me 163b HH 003.jpg   Test 003.jpg  

What is that in pic #2 falling ?

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    What is that in pic #2 falling ?
    Pieces of the P-51 I was engaging..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    You are on to something Good here Master Wiekniera..
    I just loaded your files, had to replace the d3d8 and the d3d8.dll with those Built by Masters Ankor and Gecko to get it to work in my ETO 1.50.
    everything else is from your files.
    Darkened the scene very much, I will adjust my computers settings to improve this.
    But looks very promising.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBN Me 163b 001.jpg   EBN Me 163b 002.jpg   EBN Me 163b 003.jpg   EBN Me 163b 004.jpg   EBN Me 163b 006.jpg   EBN Me 163b 007.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    The colors are Richer, and darker. As I said I will adjust my computer to compensate/adjust for this.
    Large formations engaged 150 B-17 here.

Will need to adjust some of the skins on the aircraft(shine settings) in ETO 1.50 for your files also.
    Very possible to set this up for other folks, but will need to be tailored, for each computer.
    Like Ankors/ Geckos shine/shaders in ETO 1.50 will take some adjusting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBN Me 163b 0001.jpg   EBN Me 163b 0002.jpg   EBN Me 163b 0003.jpg   EBN Me 163b 0004.jpg   EBN Me 163b 0005.jpg   EBN Me 163b 0006.jpg  

EBN Me 163b 0007.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    yep
    well, my PC isnt any HAL9000, just a quad cored machine at 3GHz, 4GB RAM with nVidia GTS450 1GB videocard, running
    games on WinXP ))

ok, time for some Me 163B "art" themes maybe - our Komet model with the mentioned lowpoly B-17 scene
    Oh yea looking FORWARD TO THIS MODEL B-17 FOR THE MISSIONS, MAY HAVE TO LOAD 300-400 B-17 THEN..
    The ETO AI B-17's seem to do well as is right now with 150 B-17's

Setting up box formations for the missions and testing with the CFS3 game engine.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Learning the adjustments for my machine, a little at a time.
    200 B-17 in box formation, ETO 1.50
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EBN 001.jpg   EBN 002.jpg   EBN 003.jpg   EBN 004.jpg   EBN 005.jpg   EBN 006.jpg  

EBN 007.jpg   EBN 008.jpg  

@wiekniera: wow, PHANTASTIC!!! thats the best gfx solution and you should keep such as "final" I suppose

@HouseHobbit: yum, stunning screenshots, thanks note: the public released wieks stuff includes enpalette source which is calibrated directly for his monitor settings only, I am affraid. I think a lot of other users, including me, would be happy for a bit less color / brightness contrast palette settings
    instead of adapting the user videocard / monitor parameters would be better just to use a different palette source. I will send to you my "soft" color tone attempt.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    @wiekniera: wow, PHANTASTIC!!! thats the best gfx solution and you should keep such as "final" I suppose

@HouseHobbit: yum, stunning screenshots, thanks note: the public released wieks stuff includes enpalette source which is calibrated directly for his monitor settings only, I am affraid. I think a lot of other users, including me, would be happy for a bit less color / brightness contrast palette settings
    instead of adapting the user videocard / monitor parameters would be better just to use a different palette source. I will send to you my "soft" color tone attempt.
    Thank You.
    I am experimenting right now with all of this. Any help would be welcomed.
    Getting there slowly.
    ETO 1.50 mission..
    Tuskegee P-51b
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EN  001.jpg   EN  002.jpg   EN  003.jpg   EN  004.jpg   EN  005.jpg   EN  006.jpg  

EN  007.jpg   EN  008.jpg   EN  009.jpg   EN  00010.jpg  

@househobbit
    yes the ENB version that i put on download is dark edition and i think the result will be different on each person, looks you need the light version as boreks said. right now i'll try to improve the enb
    btw i saw not all ground texture were implemented on your shots hobbit?? some still 1.50 and some part from me.. that's why the looks a bit strange, mainly it's grass texture that's not change at all
    hmm i still see that b-17 flying zig zag..is there a solution to make the formation steady on course not in zig zag master hobbit? and also the b-17 formation altitude should at different alt with each, some above some low..just my opinion

@boreks
    Thanks man ! Yes this should be "final" and still tested for personal use at this moment, also i haven't seen 1.50 yet so i think i need to see it myself and try it

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    @househobbit
    yes the ENB version that i put on download is dark edition and i think the result will be different on each person, looks you need the light version as boreks said. right now i'll try to improve the enb
    btw i saw not all ground texture were implemented on your shots hobbit?? some still 1.50 and some part from me.. that's why the looks a bit strange, mainly it's grass texture that's not change at all
    hmm i still see that b-17 flying zig zag..is there a solution to make the formation steady on course not in zig zag master hobbit? and also the b-17 formation altitude should at different alt with each, some above some low..just my opinion

@boreks
    Thanks man ! Yes this should be final at this moment but i haven't seen 1.50 yet so i think i need to see it myself and try it

The CFS3 game engine is set up if you get too close to the box formations they will evade, turn away from any aircraft that gets too close..
    thus causing the formation to break up. Nothing I know to change this.
    Please send me the softer settings, and I will give them a try.
    The ETO update will be released very soon.
    Oh yea!!
    Thanks..

2x render and 2x ingame shot with a new (enduser) skin.
    source: http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/460/pics/2_34.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Komet_render_005.jpg   komet_green_attack3.jpg   enb2014_12_16_23_19_6.jpg   enb2014_12_16_23_25_9.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2