[Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit? - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Ask] How to change Me163_599 / Me163B cockpit?

thanks guys

well, as to my Komet project development part, here is the latest stage:

* 3d external model is done, needs to fix a bit the pilot animations yet. the pilot figure is a part of the model, so you cant select it in the game menu. still you can use the grey cloth for the german guy called Wendler, to make the menu scene bit more historic accurate

* 3d interiror model is done. I would like to repaint the dials there a bit. I didnt got any gauge material from gaucho (he is probably busy with own stuff), so I started to paint my own solution. it goes well, but it will need to tweak some needle animation.

* 2d stuff - the skin templates are done finally, finished yesterday. PDN and PSD skin templates will be available (see attached image sample). now I have to make a final version of the Komet ariplane add-on pack skins. its about 8 skins, maybe I will do 2 next another yet.

additional work: the Komet skin templates should come with the Komet paint kit. I hate to call few paint templates a "paint kit", I mean the templates should come with own 3d room application (exe), where the painter can rotate, zoom the Komet external model and refresh the texture. this paint kit should come BEFORE the CFS3 Komet add-on release. no need to wait for the add-on, because the paint kit INCLUDES the encoded 3d Me 168B mesh already.

aside this, I am working on the Komet CFS2 and FS2004 conversion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Komet_paint_template.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; February 20th, 2015 at 05:39.

a small gauge repaint sample attached. work in progress (note: image watermark added).

the goal is to make the gauges bit more unified looking. same font and so on...

the upper row presents the old gauge paints (CFS3).
    the middle row presents the new gauge paints (CFS3).
    the bottom row presents new gauge paints usable for 2D panel (CFS2/FS2004).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_gauge_samples.jpg  
    Last edited by BorekS; February 20th, 2015 at 05:41.

this is an early screenshot stuff of the Komet PaintKit Room application. there are two scenarios, a Komet at the ground and a flying Komet. the user can roatate and zoom the camera, and by using a reload key he can immediately refresh the painted texture. the PaintKit room runs in a window mode with a native 1024x768 resolution. so the user can have open the PaintKit and his paint program together and he can see the skin changes without any quit-run app event...

I am using such similar tool for all my Komet skin creation

the Komet PaintKit Room is stadalone application, independent on any flighstim sources, it just use same mesh and textures (CSF3 DDS compatible format).
    Komet PaintKit Room created by me with 3DRad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_paintkit_room_02.jpg   komet_paintkit_room_01.jpg  

Komet PaintKit Room almost done...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_repaint_kit_01.jpg   komet_repaint_kit_02.jpg  

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Gauges

Are the gauges 2d or 3d? If they are 2d I can share some 3d frames and glass. Let me know.

thank you, NachtPiloten.
    the CFS3 Komet gauges are 3D amnd they use a glass mesh layer too image sample attached.

as you can notice bottom (CfgEdit image sample attached), the old 2D panel Komet solution does not look unified gxf at all, and looks very different comparing the actual CFS3 solution.
    my goal is to repaint the actual CFS3 gauge textures, and use such same paint sources for the CFS2 / FS2004 Komet 2D panel / VC gauges.

btw, if you know something better for GAU file texture replacement, aside Gauge Browser v1.1 (by Benjamin Chen) and GAUtoBMP (By Chuck Dome) tools, let me know...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs_komet_gauges.jpg   fs_komet_gauges.jpg  

Excellent work, great attention to detail!

The PaintkitRoom is very interesting, can this be used with other model meshes?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    the 9th skin for the CFS Komet done

source: http://piccy.info/view3/7805768/e8f9...52aa3e86cf7f2/
    Wow, so thats how it can be done! Amazing what software tools you are using BorekS

thanks guys
    I am glad you like the showcase idea

I find any game run-quit-run logic very annoying, so I did for my models those simple "showrooms" with some texture relaod events, just to be able to make better and quicker the skins.
    Last edited by BorekS; March 1st, 2015 at 12:28.

can this be used with other model meshes?
    it is theorethically possible to put any other model into the showroom project (manually be me) in case I will obtain the curret gmax source or the final proper .x file 3d mesh format.

note: the 3DRad game editor, which with I am creating the stuff, works with .x files only. 3DRad game engine can use a single mesh material shader per .x file only, that means the model must be devided into various files, eg. specular, matt or transparent parts.
    Last edited by BorekS; March 1st, 2015 at 12:27.

Ah I see, still a nice idea!

Looking forward to the finished model!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

ok guys, here is a short Komet PaintKit tool LQ videofootage:

Very cool, BorekS! I had no idea that the Luftwaffe still applied the lozenge camouflage in WWII. Your Komet package is going to be a #1 download for me when you are done!

thanks ... nah, the lozenge texture is just a quick paint test, not a real Komet based cammo

Komet paintkit tool download

MESSERSCHMITT ME 163B-1A KOMET PAINTKIT TOOL RELEASED

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    http://simhangar.nolimit.cz/main/support/komet-paintkit

Code:
    ABOUT THE KOMET PAINTKIT TOOL
    The Komet PaintKit Tool is a 3d model showcase, designed for Me 163B Komet flightsim airplane add-on skin painters. 
    The Komet PaintKit Tool is a standalone application, independent on any flightsim sources, it just use a same 3d model and textures.
    The Komet PaintKit Tool runs in a window mode with a native 1024x768 resolution. 
    The Komet PaintKit Tool contents the airplane texture skin templates for Paint.NET and PhotoShop image editors.
    User can run the Komet PaintKit Tool and some paint program together, and with a reload key he can immediately refresh the painted airplane texture.  

THE KOMET PAINTKIT TOOL FAQ
    Q: Where to find the airplane texture skin templates?
    A: Check this Komet PaintKit Tool application path: 3DRad_res\Me163_Templates

Q: Where to put the new airplane skin textures?
    A: Check this Komet PaintKit Tool application path: 3DRad_res\Me163_Textures.

Q: How to reload the current airplane skin textures?
    A: Just run the Komet PaintKit Tool application and when scenario is loaded, push "R" key.

ABOUT THE KOMET AIRPLANE FLYABLE ADD-ON
    The flyable Me 163B Komet airplane add-on should be available for MS Flight Simulator and Combat Flight Simulator series, more about here:
    http://simhangar.nolimit.cz

... enjoy :)
    BorekS

Well, considering the WWI lozenge scheme was printed or dyed aircraft linen, it's still a good 'what if' skin for the Komet!

yeah, agree... I personally find the Komet lozenge "what if" cammos like a good idea two quick made paint shots added, just for fun

note: because of the user camera mode allows the PaintKit room make such camo paints much more accurate, of course

anyway, I hope some skin painters will find the PaintKit tool handy and they will enhance the Komet add-on in future...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_lozenge_cammo_01.jpg   komet_lozenge_cammo_02.jpg  

Blog Entries

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by phrog_phixer View Post
    Very cool, BorekS! I had no idea that the Luftwaffe still applied the lozenge camouflage in WWII. Your Komet package is going to be a #1 download for me when you are done!
    Me too, great work BorekS!, can hardly wait for this one
    CHEERS

ok guys, the last 10th skin for the public release pack done... source here: http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/460/pics/2_22.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2015_3_6_22_58_40.jpg   komet_repaint_kit_08.jpg   komet_repaint_kit_07.jpg  

the 10 skin collection...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails komet_10skins_01.jpg   komet_10skins_02.jpg   komet_10skins_03.jpg  

Great work, thanks for the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

thanks guys ... ok, some small news: Ive added a short history about the MSFS/CSF Komet project (1999-2015 ... yeah!) for our english speaking friends and fans here (sorry for my bad english ):

http://simhangar.nolimit.cz/main/gam...chmitt-me-163b
    this site will be the homepage of the CFS3 Komet downloadable stuff.

note: still you can find a lot more project history images at my original homepage (cz language).

Komet like a J8M rocket bird aswell?

one thing yet - aside some allied Komet skin paints, which is easy to create, there is a possibility to make our airplane looking bit closer to the japan J8M rocket bird version aswell, I suppose. the main external model visual difference is a missing nose propeller and the "framed" canopy.
    I could slightly modify the Komet mesh, to get it more like the Shusui looking... I dont mean to create any real Shusui of course, but... well, see the attached image

comparing the Me 163B interiror to the J8M cpit you can find it was completely different, so I wouldnt bother with this. maybe to change the gray cpit color to the japan green tone...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails j8m1_cfs3_idea.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2