Aermacchi MB.326 and derivatives...
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aermacchi MB.326 and derivatives...

Aermacchi MB.326 and derivatives...

For those who do not follow my blog or my facebook page... Aermacchi MB.326 (and possibly derivatives like MB.326K and MB.339) in the pipeline :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	8145

Name:	Mb326.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	8146

...and yours truly in control of the real deal :-) !

Name:	Image7.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	8147

My dad had the opportunity to have a ride in the back seat, many years ago...
    I look forward to this project with a lot of interest!
    Cheers, Dino!

I've always liked this design and it's great to know you're the one developing it for FSX. You've made it quite clear how much you appreciate this design and I can't imagine anyone else making this as a result. Someday, maybe you'll have the time to give us a quality AMX as well. Thanks for the previews.

Dino, I'm sure your MB326 will become a classic like the T-45

Having actually flown in one must give you a very special incentive!

...actually it is quite hard for me to keep on testing / tweaking the S-3B Viking and refrain from working on the MB.326 (which can be easily turned into a 326K and a 339)...
    Last edited by Dino Cattaneo; May 13th, 2014 at 05:46.

Couple of shots of the latest build - Tomorrow I'll go back to completing the S-3...

Views:	0 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	8196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	8197

Beautiful work Dino!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...(which can be easily turned into a 326K and a 339)...
    Crikey dicks and Jimmy Jillickers a 339 as well ... that would done a treat for this neck of the woods.

Dino, maybe next step - Aermacchi M-346. Growing popular training jet.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Couple of shots of the latest build - Tomorrow I'll go back to completing the S-3...

Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	8196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	8197
    Ciao Dino,
    Che dire ?...... WOW !!!! Continua cosi' !!!!!!

Members +

Impala

Hi Dino,
    This is great news. Here in South Africa, the MB326 is known as the Impala, & was used by the South African Air Force as a trainer.
    At our local Air Force base in Cape Town, Ysterplaat (FAYP) we have a Virtual Aviation club (Cape Virtual) & we have built a twin seater simulator, using an actual fuselage, sticks, peddles etc. We are using an old model in FS9, so your plane will be a great upgrade for us.
    Thanks, in anticipation,

Robin

I think i may have a funny feeling that this may get released before the S-3 at this rate Dino!

Actually, they'll be loads of repaint opportunities for this one

Even civilian liveries!

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by FentiFlier1 View Post
    Actually, they'll be loads of repaint opportunities for this one

Even civilian liveries!
    Why not ?

Name:	326_ALIT_200602_1.jpg 
Size:	115.1 KB 
ID:	8271

Thanks for your support as usual.

With more than 650 aicrafts built for operators in 14 countries (South Africa, Australia and Brazil being the largest users outside Italy) and several category world records, the MB.326 is really one of the most important machines of his type ever and yes, there are or have been several non-military operators, including Alitalia, the U.S.National Test Pilot School and few privately-owned aicrafts such as the one of Mr.Catellani which is the one I have had te pleasure to ride (and drive, albeit for just few minutes) - needless to say is the one pictured in the images and will be the base model.

With more than 20 variants built, I will be unable to support them all... but the plan would be as follows:
    - Start with MB.326E as base model (this model has 6 hard points for weapons...Tacpack support is planned)
    - Turn it into a MB.326K single seater light attack a/c...
    - Turn it into an MB.339A (by merging it with a project I have never completed)...wings and landing gears are almost identical...
    In the meantime, I'll try to fit other versions (early an unarmed versions, export versions etc.etc.)

M.346 is not in my to-do list, although I love the A/C (actually I have designed some minor electronic parts of the real deal :-) ) but we'll see in future.

As for the S-3, it is a much more complex machine, obviously... and as I explained I am in the very tedious process of system debugging. As it is it is almost ready for VFR flights...

Ehi Dino, li hai fatti tu gli MB.326?
    Grazie
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Sì, sono opera mia...

Ma ci vorranno mesi prima che siano pronti per il rilascio...

Ah. vuoi una mano per i repaint?
    ho una discreta esperienza...
    saluti dalla svizzera
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Grazie... ma per i repaint sono abbastanza coperto. E poi bisogna ancora stabilire con esattezza quali versioni verranno fatte....

Cosa usi? perchè vorrei creare un modello anch'io. Mi potresti dire come si fa? Grazie!!!
    Miro

Non è un argomento facile - né breve.
    Ci sono ottimi tutorial online, però!

Grazie Dino! Se ce qualcosa che posso fare! contattami
    Miro

Mi spiace di non poter essere di maggiore aiuto, ma il tempo è tiranno e l'argomento "come creare il mio aereo" è davvero vastissimo... una ricerca su Google dovrebbe fornire alcuni tutorial utili, ma ovviamente il miglior approccio è provare (iniziando con qualcosa di facile, magari...)...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Hey, I have a hard enough time speaking good English right let alone Spanish!

No es Espanol, che stanno parlando Italiano.

Members who have read this thread: 33