Aermacchi MB.326 and derivatives... - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aermacchi MB.326 and derivatives...

Hank and yoyo, i finished a repain... just looking here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...521#post891521
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Some progress on the 3D model and texturing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10511394_858960950784034_4026525374793789053_o.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	9886

Stunning!!! keep it going!

Wow, that's looking great. Did you model "you" in the back seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Did you model "you" in the back seat?
    I was just about to ask that.

Dave

No, that is not "me"... I've kept my generic pilot model (and face texture) in the backseat...
    By the way, I am beginning to consider spending another full month of salary for another ride.
    Beware: jet rides are addictive.
    Here is another pic with the markings of the 61mo Stormo - with the iconing Penguin (symbolizing student pilots which are yet not able to fly).
    The external model is in a very good shape - but I'll switch back to the Viking and will work on it until its completion (not far away!)...

Name:	Image3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	9907

A couple of new screenshots - now including the MB.326K single seater

Name:	326k.jpg 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	11547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mb326.jpg 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	11548

Single seater ??
    Now that's interesting. I'm not such a fan of the MB.326, because in my eyes, it doesn't have the same level of "sex-appeal" than a T-33 for example.
    But the single seat version is a totally different story It looks really good.
    Also, I believe this is the plane that I used to see (and hear....BANG) flying over my village in Italy many years ago (I was in a military training area, Val Tanaro).
    I can't wait to see your next progress reports

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post

WOW !!!!!

A quando un bel G.91R/Pan ? ..... (Anche lo Yankee sarebbe gradito.......)

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Single seater ??
    Now that's interesting.
    Dino's work are interesting from the start to the end.
    Come sempre un beeel lavorooooo
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Absolutely can't wait for the Macchi....just hoping there will be a loadout manager and paintkit....

Kent

OMG!! That K is gorgeous!!!!

ID:	11547
    Great news! The MK.326K or Impala II as it was called in the SAAF is a much welcome addition to the FS hangar. The Impala IIs combat record from the "bush war" in SWA/Angola is very interesting reading. The Impala even managed a few a2a kills when they proved to be the perfect answer for countering the Mi-24.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Great news! The MK.326K or Impala II as it was called in the SAAF is a much welcome addition to the FS hangar. The Impala IIs combat record from the "bush war" in SWA/Angola is very interesting reading. The Impala even managed a few a2a kills when they proved to be the perfect answer for countering the Mi-24.
    Sounds interesting, Jens. Do you have any links or references to such 'reading'?

IPMS South Africa used to have an very extensive SAAF aircraft knowledge section, this included a very well written and informative section about the Impala I/II. I have a paper copy of it, but cannot find the web site anymore. Brig Gen. Dick Lords books about the SAAF during the border war are also great information sources.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    IPMS South Africa used to have an very extensive SAAF aircraft knowledge section, this included a very well written and informative section about the Impala I/II. I have a paper copy of it, but cannot find the web site anymore. Brig Gen. Dick Lords books about the SAAF during the border war are also great information sources.
    Cheers!

A little OT...
    In order to get the samples from the sound package (which will be managed by Serge - who also provided the excellent sounds of many other projects), I had the need to edit the GoPro recordings of my flight on the 326. The file size was cut to a manageable dimension so I put it on youtube:

Here is the link - I though this may be interesting:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNT61wl-PUc

In other news, modeling of the cockpit is 99% complete and Alessandro from SSW is enhancing the textures...

Great video!

Which airport take off?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Airport was Reggio nell'Emilia (LIDE) which is the home of the VolaFenice organization (which also has a Jet Provost in flying conditions and is restoring a 326K and -maybe- a G91). It is a small airport but was the home of the Reggiane (which means "from Reggio") aicraft factory of WWII fame...

Airport was Reggio nell'Emilia (LIDE) which is the home of the VolaFenice organization (which also has a Jet Provost in flying conditions and is restoring a 326K and -maybe- a G91). It is a small airport but was the home of the Reggiane (which means "from Reggio") aicraft factory of WWII fame...

available airport FSX?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 34