C.R.D.A.Cant.Z.1007bis Just Uploaded !!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C.R.D.A.Cant.Z.1007bis Just Uploaded !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    Hi,

I do have a problem with the Cant,I just cannot get the goniometer to work,
    the needle is pegged in the middle of the scale,if I change to the Fiat g 18v everything works perfectly!
    Any ideas?
    Peter
    Hi Peter,
    I had the same problem and did a similar fix using the S.73's goniometer. Maybe there is an error in the
    gauge XML file.

It's a wonderful aircraft. Many thanks to Milton, Manuele, and the many contributors to this fine model.
    FSAviator's tutorials are both fascinating and challenging.

Happy Landings,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Hi Peter,
    I had the same problem and did a similar fix using the S.73's goniometer. Maybe there is an error in the
    gauge XML file.

It's a wonderful aircraft. Many thanks to Milton, Manuele, and the many contributors to this fine model.
    FSAviator's tutorials are both fascinating and challenging.

Happy Landings,
    John

Hi John,
    I am still struggling to get the gonio to work,with the SM73 I just replaced the gauge sv73 folder with the updated one.
    What kind of fix did you do with the CANT?
    Have a good time
    Peter

Blog Entries
    What kind of fix did you do with the CANT?
    As a temporary fix, I pasted the S.73 goniometer into the Alcione's [Vcockpit02], gauge03 slot as follows;

gauge03=S73_V2!pcmeneg_S73_IRR, 0,905,256,119 //Z1007_MS_MVG!pcmeneg_rgonio_IRR, 0,905,256,119

The slash marks preserve the original gauge until a proper fix comes along.

gauge03=S73_V2!pcmeneg_S73_IRR, 0,905,256,119 //Z1007_MS_MVG!pcmeneg_rgonio_IRR, 0,905,256,119

Hi John,
    thanks for your help,now I can find my way home....
    Peter

Blog Entries
    Hi John,
    thanks for your help,now I can find my way home....
    Peter
    You are certainly welcome Peter. Hopefully, Manuele will stop by with a solution to the problem soon.

I must say that I have enjoyed reading FSAviators tutorials on the Z.1007,and have taken up further
    study of his writings on prior aircraft releases by Manuele and Stefano Meneghini.

SOH-CM-2024
    I am so far behind in my flight sim. I have World Cup fever and the Tour de France starts in the morning. Manuele, she is a beautiful ship, I cannot wait to test her out. Is there a Paint Kit?

Caz

Interim official fix

Hi everybody,

I am glad to hear some of you are enjoying using my extensive tutorials, and perhaps the contextual history, to increase your immersion / realism during simulation of the Z.1007bis Alcione. However I am sorry to confess that the released panel.cfg does indeed have the reported bug.

The interim official fix is to alter the panel.cfg line

gauge03= Z1007_MS_MVG!pcmeneg_rgonio_IRR, 0,905,256,119

to instead read;

gauge03=Z1007_MS_MVG!pcmeneg_RG37_IRR, 0,905,256,119

In other words just change 'rgonio' to 'RG37' within gauge03 of the [Vcockpit02] section of the panel.cfg.

However those of you who have already aliased a different 'pcmeneg' goniometer from a different aircraft download will obtain no material benefit by altering the alias again.

Explanation:

Both goniometers are present in the released Z1007 gauge cab and rgonio_IRR was an attempt to improve functionality over the earlier RG37_IRR gauge. Unfortunately the latest version introduced a bug.

The official fix is up to Manuele, but will 'probably' be upload of just a revised panel.cfg so that no one has to search for this thread to find or apply the interim fix. My apologies to all for missing this in the final release candidate alpha test at the end of April.

FSAviator.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zmike View Post
    ...and perhaps the contextual history,...
    Absolutely. Historical details of this calibre are rare in aviation literature, and therefore priceless.
    Thank you for the interim fix, and again for the notes and essays.

Happy landings,
    John

Hi Manuele,

I was busy reading up on the plane after it was freshly uploaded and failed to thank you and your team for this great aircraft.

I am looking forward to the 506!

Best regards,
    Volker

Hello,

first of all I would like to thank Manuele and crew for the superb work! What strikes me most is the fact, that you stretch the limits of what MSFS can simulate piston-wise.

So, I was wondering if the controllable pitch screw system, that was introduced with the Airone, would eventually be also implemented in the Alcione in any future update. Are there plans to do that?

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Best regards,
    Christian

Members who have read this thread: 32