Question about an airport

Thread: Question about an airport

Question about an airport

After completing the Geneseo Airport and then testing in P3D it was apparent that it was not going to work (some objects don't show). So while I wasn't keen on doing this, I am building the actual on-sight buildings. So, with that in mind. . . . Has anyone ever visited Geneseo Airport, and if so I'd like to pick your brain for information about the buildings from what you can remember. Also, if anyone has knowledge of any good images of the buildings I'd appreciate hearing about that as well. I did find one site that has images of the buildings, but most were shot from so far away that the details are lost and I'm guessing on a lot of what I'm building. Thanks.

Falcon do you still need photos of the buildings at geneseo airport? If so I would be more than happy to take photos when I'm there next weekend July 11. If do you just let me know what you excatly need.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by hammer353 View Post
    Falcon do you still need photos of the buildings at geneseo airport? If so I would be more than happy to take photos when I'm there next weekend July 11. If do you just let me know what you exactly need.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike,

I finished this airport a long time ago, but the one building I couldn't really find anything on was the building that sits off by itself and shown in the screenshot (circled). If you can get closeup shots (that get the entire side in the image) of all four sides of that building and then also if you can verify that the structures in the other two screenshots are actually still there, that would be great.

Wow, Ed, I never saw this post the first time around (last year), but it thrills me to learn that you have worked on/created this airport, as it is one in which I've desired to have a more detailed version in FS for a long time - one of the iconic warbird airfields in the US.

Here are a couple high-resolution photos of the Geneseo 'grounds'. Note the fiberglass Hellcat weather-vane.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fabian...18940/sizes/o/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fabian...33670/sizes/o/

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Wow, Ed, I never saw this post the first time around (last year), but it thrills me to learn that you have worked on/created this airport, as it is one in which I've desired to have a more detailed version in FS for a long time - one of the iconic warbird airfields in the US.
    Funny that it should suddenly pop back up like this really, but the images you've posted have revived my interest in the airfield. The static displays were one area that I was unsure of and the various other trailers and such behind the main hangar are objects that when included add atmosphere to the overall feel of the airport. I'll have to pull this back out and build on what I already had. Thanks!

I finished this airport a long time ago, but the one building I couldn't really find anything on was the building that sits off by itself and shown in the screenshot (circled). If you can get closeup shots (that get the entire side in the image) of all four sides of that building and then also if you can verify that the structures in the other two screenshots are actually still there, that would be great.
    As long as it does not rain next weekend, I should be able to get those shots you need. If you need any other photos let just let me know.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by hammer353 View Post
    As long as it does not rain next weekend, I should be able to get those shots you need. If you need any other photos let just let me know.
    Mike
    Sounds great Mike. I'll be leaving on vacation for a week on the 11th and won't be back til the following Sunday evening.

Members who have read this thread: 6