Northern Virginia IPMS at Fairfax High School 20140426

Thread: Northern Virginia IPMS at Fairfax High School 20140426

Northern Virginia IPMS at Fairfax High School 20140426

Hello All,

I know this is an international forum, but perhaps there are others here who will be attending this event tomorrow (Saturday).
    I expect to be attending with my son so we will most likely end up at the Make & Take for at least a little while before generally browsing.
    If you have never been before, it has always been an interesting way to spend a few hours and collect a few more model kits.

I seem to have posted nearly the same message almost exactly a year ago.

- Ivan.

It wasn't a bad event at all although the vendors started clearing out about an hour before the scheduled conclusion.

Here are a couple photographs of a Wildcat along with the CFS1 equivalent.

- Ivan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2669.jpg   Wildcat4_LFHigh.jpg   IMG_2670.jpg   Wi;dcat4_LHigh.jpg  

very cool..im in calif,but id have gone...i just saw this thread today though....

Hello Daveroo,

IPMS has branches all over the world. I am sure there must be an event in your area that is not a year in the future.

By the way, I took photographs of the Wildcat because I thought it was a nicely laid out diorama.
    After looking over it for a while, I believe the shape of the cowling isn't quite right. It looks like a cross between the P&W R-1830 and Wright R-1820 equipped aircraft.
    If you are curious, there is a more detailed post under the "Conspicuous...." thread in the CFS1 area.

Take Care.
    - Ivan.

well im now taking up a new hobby,semi trucks and trailers in 1/14th scale ,and i have yet to find a model car show in my area...

1/14 scale semi trucks? That would make a truck with trailer over 4 feet long. Geez! And I thought 1/25 was huge!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

yes..they are large...me likes.....heres some pics of the truck and trailer im going to build.and a video of similar trucks in action.the radio is a Futaba 10 channel radio with the ability to memorize 30 models.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ltamc0644_zps5ae66e04.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	10332

Name:	ltamc0632_zpsac84a2af.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	10333

Name:	lfutk9200_zpse0bd9f05.jpg