FR Messerschmitt Me-163B Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FR Messerschmitt Me-163B Released

FR Messerschmitt Me-163B Released

Flight Replicas is pleased to announce the release of the Messerschmitt Me-163B Komet. A real "tour de force" in terms of aerodynamics from Bernt, whose father, as you may already know, actually flew this astonishing aircraft during the War. More details are available here:

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Me-163B%20Home.htm

The Me-163B will be available from the Flight Replicas website exclusively for the first week or so, in case any changes need to be made, and after that will be available from other vendors.

Small thing to note! Please read the Manual carefully, after you have installed the aircraft but before you start FSX, in order to avoid the 'duplicate Maule' message, which will disappear once the Messerschmitt Bf-110 is installed as tow plane and FSX adjusted accordingly - a very simple adjustment that just takes a minute.

Mike

Last edited by mike_cyul; April 24th, 2014 at 16:22.

Very nice!!!
    Will get it May 1th.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

What an amazing airplane!

Couple of glider flights and then a couple powered so far and it is just unlike anything in FSX. The sky turns a much darker blue very quickly. Much respect for those who flew the real ones.

Great job, Mike! And Bernt too on the flight model!

cheers,
    steve

CRG!!!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Mike, I look forward to flying it this weekend.

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    The sky turns a much darker blue very quickly
    Funny that you mention that. During the first 'hot' take off my father noticed that the sky got really dark and he could even very faint see the stars.
    As this was considered impossible in the 1940s he didn't dare to tell anyone after landing because he thought that they would immediately declare him unfit to fly!
    And thanx for the kind words of course

Like during training try taking off with only 25%-30% fuel. You won't climb as high as with full tanks of course but the initial climb rate and angle is much more impressive.

This thing is lots of fun...at least in the sim. Great work, as always!

I certainly wouldn't want to light the candle on a real one. It must've taken nerves of steel to fly such an explosive combination; let alone to fly one in actual combat.
    -Mark

Will buy as soon as I can !!

Quote Originally Posted by HansRoaming View Post
    You saucy minxes you, will buy tomorrow!
    What exactly is a saucy minx? Never mind, I looked it up on the Internet.

Blog Entries
    What Daube said...AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

"I was with her until I started the engine!"

Love the exhaust effect.

It's very quiet up here.

Mine's a pint!

Dave

ODD DX10 behavior. If I extend the landing skid, the wheels appear and re-attach themselves. Otherwise a cool addition to FX.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    ODD DX10 behavior. If I extend the landing skid, the wheels appear and re-attach themselves. Otherwise a cool addition to FX.
    I'm not sure if that's DX10 or just the coding for the wheel drop. Try restarting the flight (using the "x" key) or restarting FSX and see if it still does the same thing. Two testers ran the 163 in DX10 and didn't report any problems.

Mike

No longer active
    Doesn't that only happen if you extend the skid too early after take off ?

Looks great. Before I get out the credit card, is this compatible / usable in P3dV2.2?

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    And the occasional wing drop at high speeds adds to the sensation of high performance of a 1940's plane.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    I'm not sure if that's DX10 or just the coding for the wheel drop. Try restarting the flight (using the "x" key) or restarting FSX and see if it still does the same thing. Two testers ran the 163 in DX10 and didn't report any problems.

Mike
    I can't get the problem to reproduce itself and didn't do anything different. Everything else working fine.

Really like this bird!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	7418

Dumonceau

Touchdown's a doozy!!

Dave

I'm running DX-10, don't see the wheels attach, will try again though.

Really like this insane aircraft.

SOH-CM-2021
    I served in the RAF as an airframe mechanic during the late 50's, and we actually had one of these aircraft in a hanger at RAF Colerne. We also had a pilotable version of the V-1. These were rolled out for display at our annual Battle of Britain displays in Setember.

When the station closed in the mid seventies, these aircraft and many others, formed the basis of a musuem to which my wife and myself were invited for a private viewing. The museum closed after a relatively short time, and I don't know where those aircraft are now, or if they even survived.

One of the test pilots of the Me-163, was Hanna Reitch. She was badly injured when she crashed in one, but recovered to fly again. She was also involved in the testing of the proposed "suicide bomber" a pilotable version of the V-1 rocket called the Reichenberg. A very interesting lady, who despite her extremely dangerous occupation, lived to a good age. Lots of information about her and her flying career on Google.

Here's a good website that lists the known histories of individual Me-163B's. Perhaps the one you remember is in there?

http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/me163.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Looks great. Before I get out the credit card, is this compatible / usable in P3dV2.2?
    +1 Same question

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 137