Saitex Throttle

Thread: Saitex Throttle

Saitex Throttle

For some strange reason FSX is seeing the throttle, as a 3 axis 9 button joystick, has any one ran into this problem?
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

and for some strange reason, I can't get the Cessna Trim Wheel to work. Follow the instructions on the Saitek page as to the set up and then when in sim, rotate one way and here a Windows 'bing bong' and then doesn't seem to work, even after calibration. Must be doing something wrong?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by airtj View Post
    For some strange reason FSX is seeing the throttle, as a 3 axis 9 button joystick, has any one ran into this problem?
    is no problem (I have 3years) you must configure it manually
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030094.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	7258

That's a pretty awesome case / stand there!!

As for the 3 axis 9 button thing, while it's perhaps strange that FSX doesn't recognize it by name, that is indeed the proper amount of axis and buttons that the Saitek quadrant has. The three bottom rocker switches are two buttons each (up & down), and the bottom / reverse range of each throttle axis is a button.

Wish I could help on the trim wheel, but I've had mine long enough that I don't recall ever having to do anything special to get it to work.

Think we have discovered (by chance) what the problem is with the Trim wheel. Yesterday when turning the sim PC on, the stick and throttle box didn't work, but the rudder pedals did. We're running 6 USBs at once from the back of the computer and we think that the PC cant keep up with the demand of so many devices. So, we are now going to invest in a powered USB hub and see if that does the trick!

Cheers,

Martin
    Classic Air Force
    www.classicairforce.com

Members who have read this thread: 34