Black aircraft menu window in Windows 8

Thread: Black aircraft menu window in Windows 8

Black aircraft menu window in Windows 8

Don't know if this has been addressed, but I've had a complete black out in the aircraft selection window for quite some time. Every since I purchased a new PC with Windows 8. Frustrating for sure. However I found the answer over at Flightsim.com. Just hit Alt +Enter. It solved my problem and it might help others out too.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Don't know if this has been addressed, but I've had a complete black out in the aircraft selection window for quite some time. Every since I purchased a new PC with Windows 8. Frustrating for sure. However I found the answer over at Flightsim.com. Just hit Alt +Enter. It solved my problem and it might help others out too.
    Thank u for remember me to keep in a safe place my win7 copy like cfs2 as well.!

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Yes, running CFS2 in a window instead of full-screen.....ridiculous!

Windows 8, or even 8.1

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

saddly we are all being pushed into win7 or win 8. Ty for the tip.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

True BH. I'm trying to get definitive answers on running CFS2 on Win 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    saddly we are all being pushed into win7 or win 8. Ty for the tip.
    I'll take 7 over 8.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I agree guys. W8 blows, but if one is going to use it, (as it appears we must) the above will allow you to view the aircraft in the aircraft selection menu window.
    The same problem was encountered in both my FS2004 installs. So far CFS2 works just fine in W8, as does FS9. I had not been flying in CFS2 because of this problem since my old PC with XP (the best) passed on. Now I'm back flying with little problem.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Additionally...

Other, more distressing problems I found with 8 involve the map and advanced info windows in campaigns. When I hit the Advanced Info tab, the various tabs for info in that next window are blank = show no information: No loadout, number of wingmen and no goals are shown. Also, have you ever been in the "combat zone" and looked to the map to determine distance and heading to the next waypoint? The waypoints don't show i Win 8 for me.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

stoney,

Thanks for bringing this up. I had no idea what was wrong with my desktop supercomputer. I was getting 18-25 FPS and the black window.

I took your advice and now I'm getting up to 200 FPS in a window that's almost as big as my full screen, with everything maxed out.

Now suddenly I'm able to use aircraft and ships I couldn't use before because of frame rate issues.

I don't see any downside. Win 8 will go into lock mode if you stay in spot plane mode too long, but that's easily fixed by increasing the inactivity time before lockdown.

Anyone who is running Win 8 should try this ---> Alt+Enter

Members who have read this thread: 20