What FSX aircraft is this?

Thread: What FSX aircraft is this?

What FSX aircraft is this?

I saw this picture, while searching for FSX scenery pictures.

Anyone know what aircraft this is? Looks interesting! NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	7215

It is the Edgley Optica and is freeware ... Get it here : http://www.classicwings.net/

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    It is the Edgley Optica and is freeware ... Get it here : http://www.classicwings.net/

Mike
    Thanks!! NC

Mach

FYI: My name is Mac Hacker (not really). Anyway, I 'tweaked' some FDEs for this model, and it does Mach 1.1 but lands at 15 kts (almost vertically-simular to a helicopter). Only limitation is it's service cieling, which is 10,000 ft. At 20,000 you lose control (as it's 50% jet and 50% helicopter). The neat feature is that when you cut throttle it rapidly slows down on it's own. The other is that with gear retracted it will do Mach 1.1. With gear down it limits itself to 400 kts with same power setting. It is water landable (but does not 'look' right). It's just a fun 'hack'. Aerobatics are very possible and encouraged. Is there any interest in the FDEs? I will post if anyone want them.
    CB
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Mach 1.1 in a ducted prop plane with unswept wings?

I always thought it would be a great aircraft for the army air corps.

No longer active
    edited due to Nakis reply

Edgley Optica = old
    Seabird Seeker = new
    Last edited by bstolle; April 26th, 2014 at 05:04.

Oh well if he can do let him
    do it... Not that I would .... I'm for realism

I'm a big fan of the Seabird Seeker; was immediately intrigued by it when I happened to come across vids of it on YouTube. Here's a fairly recent one (this chap just sold this aircraft a couple of months ago)...

I really enjoy the FSX version, but it looks a bit odd flying around without a pilot visible in the cockpit. I did contact the chap who had initially released in its FSX format and he told me that the guy who originally did the modelling had left a pilot figure out for no specified reason and had no desire to go back to the project to correct it.

Looks like a great airplane for just Low and Slow and would likely make a great camera platform for scenic work. Reminds of a Republic Seabee that's afraid of the water...

N.

I spent a lot of time with this free model in FSX.Very good for VFR view and nice sceneries (like FTX f.ex.).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Deffinately as real as possible for me, whats the quality of this freeware aircraft like, I do a lot of VFR.
    I7 3700k @ 4.5 ghz, 2 x 8 gig 2133ghz ram, Evga gtx 780 classified, samsung 840 pro 250 gig ssd for op system, Win 7 64 bit ultimate, Samsung 840 evo for fsx photo scenery, 600 gig wd velocraptor for fsx, creative XFI fatality sound card.

Members who have read this thread: 148