Can you hide in a wheel well and live?

Thread: Can you hide in a wheel well and live?

Can you hide in a wheel well and live?

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Bet'cha THAT was a chilly ride....

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

This brings up the fact terrorists do not need to get past the security check point they only need to jump the fence and plant a bomb in the wheel well of an aircraft...

Not a pleasant thought and one that could have expensive ramifications on airport security.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

@Dangerousdave
    The TSA and everthing it has done since 9/11 is nothing but costly security theater.

You have this half brain than the LAX gunman that killed 1 and hurt 7 others back in 2013. Can you imagine competent terrorists could do?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

If this teenager makes it through this 'incident' without any lasting physical effects, then NASA should hire this kid like real quick.

Then, they would have an ideal test subject for testing new methods of CryoStasis, for long duration spaceflight!

I just don't understand how, if he was in 'hibernation', he didn't fall out of the Wheel Well when it opened up!

Of course, he DID say he wasn't feeling wheel well... HA HARRR ARRR!!

This bee is skeptical. 62 degrees below the freezing point of water for extended periods should have some observable effect on the body!

While his story reportedly checked out, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, methinks.

Seems their was a movie with someone hiding in a well, perhaps one of those Bruce Willis flicks. Monkey see monkey do. As for the TSA, affirmative action employees, useless.

Charter Member 2016

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Of course, he DID say he wasn't feeling wheel well... HA HARRR ARRR!!

Yuk, yuk, yuk. . . !!
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Odds are not good for this sort of event, but some are survivable-

"Incidences of people sneaking onto planes aren't as uncommon as you might think. Since 1996, there have been 105 stowaways on 94 flights worldwide, according to the Federal Aviation Administration in an e-mail to USA TODAY Network.

More than 76% of those attempts resulted in deaths, the FAA says."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/u...awaii/7957357/

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

There was another one of these where the guy was found dead in the wheel well just recently.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Odds are not good for this sort of event, but some are survivable-

"Incidences of people sneaking onto planes aren't as uncommon as you might think. Since 1996, there have been 105 stowaways on 94 flights worldwide, according to the Federal Aviation Administration in an e-mail to USA TODAY Network.

More than 76% of those attempts resulted in deaths, the FAA says."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/u...awaii/7957357/
    105 stowaways on 94 flights worldwide... all of them hiding in a wheel well? No wonder 76% have died. Still... that's a lot that are getting past airport security.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

This is such a strange story. Young man gets into a family argument. Decides he must get away. Walks several miles in the middle of the night to SJC
    . Jumps the barb wire fence at 1am in a location that just happens to have the minimum of CCTV coverage. Walk over to a parked 757 and climb into the wheel well for a little snooze. Spend about 7 hours in the wheel well before take off. Over 100 DB, hot wheels into the well at take off did not burn me, 500 knots, 38000 ft., 0 degrees F, 5.5 hours later land in Maui, awaken and climb out refreshed and ready to party. Sorry, I can't believe this actually happened. This is about as keen a mystery as the Bush Gore election.

If 76% of these stowaway incidents resulted in death, that means 24% were surviveable. Not great odds, but better than I would have thought.

Well its a 100% change of being groped by some half brain so I may take the wheel well. Than again I could UPS my self in crate. http://www.foxnews.com/story/2003/09...r-cargo-crate/
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 52