B-29 Skins released

Thread: B-29 Skins released

B-29 Skins released

Doing my best for the only free B-29 we have, one day and one night. In the CFS3 American Skins section at this site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_b29_hell.gif   cfs3_b29_lovely.gif  

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Threedp View Post
    Doing my best for the only free B-29 we have, one day and one night. In the CFS3 American Skins section at this site.
    Great to see the skins. I hope there is renewed interest in the B-29. Which gets me to thinking I should include it in a 1945 whatif campaign in the ETO? That would be fun.

These look great! The only other skin we have for this bird is a TU-4 skin someone made for it a while ago. A Washington Mk. I (the RAF actually had a few) would be cool to have too!

Thanks, this one is most welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

I've pondered the idea of a Washington skin, but come to the conclusion that if the war required the presence of B-29s in Europe ('what if'), they would have been American. They were only supplied to the UK in the 50s as a stopgap/surplus thing, and doing a peacetime skin makes no sense to me.

That said, it does pique the imagination to wonder what 1945-supplied B-29s would have looked like in RAF service. Silver? The green early B-29s were painted? A full on Lancaster-like scheme? Maybe when I'm looking for something different to do . . .

Trying to make stand alone of these. Did you use a different .m3d file since the original one does not require any of the wing_low_x_x .dds files?

I wish it did use them! My skins actually include the proper underwing textures, they just aren't called. I included them in case it can ever be fixed.

But I'm afraid that I'm very much the wrong person to ask! I have only ever painted a few planes for CFS3. I have no idea how planes can be made into new standalones and what the various other files do. Sorry. I will note that the main issues with it are the undersides of the wings mapping to the same files as the uppersides and the fact that the other planes in a formation are not textured. There's also the mirrored rear fuselage.

Thank you Threedp for this beautiful aircraft.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot04-22-14-22-59-09.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	7223

UUUUUU very nice!

Members who have read this thread: 24