Nieuport Delage repaints by jinx!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nieuport Delage repaints by jinx!

Icon22 Nieuport Delage repaints by jinx!

Hello to all,

I am repainting a Nieuport Delage to a scheme of the French Aeronavale (French Naval Aviation). Unit is 3C.1 "Le Requin" (Shark).
    Long ago I had made a MS225 of the same unit as a plastic kit, using the Heller kit and decals by ABT.
    So far the fuselage has been done only, and the wings are to follow.
    You can download the aircraft at simviation:
    The text says:

CFS2 Nieuport-Delage NiD.52 (Category: CFS2 > Aircraft)

1.94Mb (816 downloads)
    CFS2 Nieuport-Delage NiD.52 The NiD-52 was the first type of aircraft to see aerial combat during the Spanish Civil War on 20 July 1936. The NiD.52 was a development of the NiD-42 but with metal fuselage and wing construction. The NiD-52 was not accepted by France, but license-built in Spain. About 100 of these planes were produced in the Hispano-Suiza factory in Guadalajara. This FSDS model is represented in both Republican and Nationalist colors. Includes full moving parts and working VC. Model, textures, and DP files by CM Carlson. Flight Dynamics by James Banks. 2MB

I have a particular problem with the repaint: I cannot locate the spinner texture. My repaint had a silver spinner in reality and I am stuck with a red one.

If any of you can locate where the spinner is in the textures, blow the whistle.

Both stock schemes are Spanish Civil War.

Any help re the spinner is welome.

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delage cfs2.jpg  

Blog Entries

I can help....

Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post

Hello to all,

I am repainting a Nieuport Delage to a scheme of the French Aeronavale (French Naval Aviation). Unit is 3C.1 "Le Requin" (Shark).
    Long ago I had made a MS225 of the same unit as a plastic kit, using the Heller kit and decals by ABT.
    So far the fuselage has been done only, and the wings are to follow.
    You can download the aircraft at simviation:
    The text says:

CFS2 Nieuport-Delage NiD.52 (Category: CFS2 > Aircraft)

1.94Mb (816 downloads)
    CFS2 Nieuport-Delage NiD.52 The NiD-52 was the first type of aircraft to see aerial combat during the Spanish Civil War on 20 July 1936. The NiD.52 was a development of the NiD-42 but with metal fuselage and wing construction. The NiD-52 was not accepted by France, but license-built in Spain. About 100 of these planes were produced in the Hispano-Suiza factory in Guadalajara. This FSDS model is represented in both Republican and Nationalist colors. Includes full moving parts and working VC. Model, textures, and DP files by CM Carlson. Flight Dynamics by James Banks. 2MB

I have a particular problem with the repaint: I cannot locate the spinner texture. My repaint had a silver spinner in reality and I am stuck with a red one.

If any of you can locate where the spinner is in the textures, blow the whistle.

Both stock schemes are Spanish Civil War.

Any help re the spinner is welome.

Nick
    Next time we chat... I'll give you a very easy little thing that pinpoint where everything is mapped

Gaucho,

I tried with the file you gave me in all textures but no luck. I could not find the spinner mapped area.

Nick

Icon22 Nieuport Delage Aéronavale repaint

Rami,

I managed to upload my Delage skin today, but did not manage to include the image file that appears on the web page.
    That one is included in the zip and it is named general view2.jpg.

Can you please add it and correct this omission, so we have an image?
    Same image attached here.
    Thanks for any help here.

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails general view2.jpg  

Nieuport Delage Aéronavale repaint.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Other

Description: CFS2/ ANF Nieuport Delage NiD-52 repaint of the C.M. Carlson model in Escadrille 3C.1 colors, French Aéronavale. Textures only. Alternate prop blade textures included. Thanks go to Roger Gaucher in Normandy, France, for info on the markings and to Carlos Echevarria (Gaucho_59) for some repaint tips. Repaint by Nick Tselepides (jinx).

Instructions in Readme as to where to get the original model and unit information on the plane included.

Athens, Greece

20 April 1914

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Nieuport Delage Aéronavale repaint.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Jinx,

Done.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks

Rami,

Many thanks--I would be stuck without your help.

Nick

Blog Entries

The link to your new thread does not seem to work....

Rami,

Many thanks--I would be stuck without your help.

Nick
    So I posted here... to let everyone know what a nice job you have done.... there is a lot of volume and rich toning of shadings... Excellent!

The model itself is a tough repainting challenge... being a bit "long in the tooth" so to speak.... the economy in polygons makes for jagged lines that cannot possibly overcome with "paint" especially trying to blend wings and fuselage, etc.

Notwithstanding your repaint shows great care applied to make is a good one! Good show Nick...

Correct your post so more people can give you feedback..

Carlos

Icon14 Reply...

Nick,

Great work on this repaint, my friend.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks for the good words

Rami and Gaucho,

Thanks for the praise.

Gaucho: you know, of course, who is responsible for the good quailty of the work: YOU.
    I would not have been able to make it as good as it is without your help and tutorials.

It is true that it took a long time to make and a lot of trial-and-error testing.

Now I am using the same psd file to make another repaint of it, Aeronavale again, but this time another unit, 4C1...

See attached image.

What do you mean I should correct my post? How?

Gaucho,

We have the images of the fat guy on the Bregeut --the insignia on the side. Beepee also found one, Plus Roger in France. See the post. Will you continue with that repaint?

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AERONAVALE 4C.1 PROFILE.jpg  

Thanks Nick,
    beautiful repaint.
    Cheers
    Gius

Blog Entries

Strange....

Gaucho,

I tried with the file you gave me in all textures but no luck. I could not find the spinner mapped area.

Nick
    Stranger yet... I see Gius posted on your "Nieport Delage..." thread... but I am unable to even raise it to see what he wrote!!!!

Thanks Gius.

Attached are the images if the new repaint flying in CFS2.

It is finished.

I only need to write the Readme, etc, and will upload it soon...

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4c1 stb.jpg   4c1port1.jpg  

Blog Entries

Yes... of course...

Rami and Gaucho,

Thanks for the praise.

Gaucho: you know, of course, who is responsible for the good quailty of the work: YOU.
    I would not have been able to make it as good as it is without your help and tutorials.

It is true that it took a long time to make and a lot of trial-and-error testing.

Now I am using the same psd file to make another repaint of it, Aeronavale again, but this time another unit, 4C1...

See attached image.

Gaucho,

We have the images of the fat guy on the Bregeut --the insignia on the side. Beepee also found one, Plus Roger in France. See the post. Will you continue with that repaint?

Nick
    As a matter of fact the Bougnat face is probably the only one that can go in this... until or unless we can get it demirrored...
    it has no writing or numbers in he tail fin... and my wok with is right... en fin... find the true colors for me... and it will be ready in no time...
    G.

Blog Entries

Yes... of course...

Rami and Gaucho,

Thanks for the praise.

See attached image.

Gaucho,

Nick
    As a matter of fact the Bougnat face is probably the only one that can go in this... until or unless we can get it demirrored...
    it has no writing or numbers in he tail fin... and my work with is pretty much done... en fin... find the true colors for me... and it will be ready in no time...
    G.

Blog Entries

Yes... of course...

Rami and Gaucho,

Thanks for the praise.

See attached image.

Gaucho,

Nick
    it has no writing or numbers in he tail fin... and my work with is pretty much done... en fin... find the true colors for me... and it will be ready in no time...

what I meant is that the notice of it being available for download... does not show when you click on it!!!
    G.

Delage_Aéronavale-4C1.zip

Description: CFS2/ ANF Nieuport Delage NiD-52 repaint of the C.M. Carlson model in Escadrille 4C1 colors, French Aéronavale. Textures only. Repaint by Nick Tselepides of the "Jumping Lion" unit--"Lion bondissant ".

You must first download the original aircraft by C.M. Carlson at flightsim.com---the file name is nd-52.zip.

Nick Tselepides
    Athens, Greece
    21 April 2014.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Delage_Aéronavale-4C1.zip

One more Delage skin to download tonight

I have just finished one more Delage skin that I will uopload here tonight.

I attach images for you to preview. Unit is 3C2, a/c no.3

The emblem on the fuselage cnetral part will be retouched as it has jagged yellow borders to be corrected--both sides...

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3c23 stb.jpg   3c23 port.jpg  

3-3C2 Delage repaint.zip

Description: CFS2/ ANF Nieuport Delage NiD-52 repaint of the C.M. Carlson model in Escadrille 3C2 colors, French Aéronavale. Textures only. Repaint by Nick Tselepides (asos). The real aircraft was a NiD-62 subtype, but unfortunately that model does not exist for CFS2. Differences are minimal however.

The unit has the Winged Trident emblem.

Instructions in Readme as to where to get the orginal model needed for this repaint.

Have fun flying this aircraft.

Nick Tselepides

Athens, Greece

22nd April 2011

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit 3-3C2 Delage repaint.zip

Excellent work Nick. They are looking great.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Keep at it Nick, looking good
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks fellows.

Next one will be an all-aluminum one or perhaps green.

New repaint by tonight

One new repaint is done and I will upload it tonight.
    The image is a 1/72nd Heller kit I had made long ago, around 1984.
    The repaint will feature the same decoration of the Coq insignia, and it will be 2 skins, no. 6 and no.9 on the fin front.

I excuse myself for the bad quality of the photos--taken on a small balcony I have with strong sunlight at 4 pm today.

Nick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MY HELLER MODEL. (1).jpg   MY HELLER MODEL. (3).jpg  
    Last edited by jinx; April 25th, 2014 at 08:31.

Nice

Very nice model -not just out the box, but nicely detailed. I really like it.
    Finn

Thanks Finn,

The Heller kit was nicely made but its decals disintegrated in the water and I had to mask for the white stripes.
    The underside big letters, in the wing unders, had less of a problem and th decals for those were applied with missing corners and bits overpainted with white paint and then the whole was sprayed with matt varnish to seal all.

There is a new kit out by another company and I may buy that some time.

Nick

Repaint screenshot attached...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GENERAL VIEW.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 25