FDG Wildcat Question

Thread: FDG Wildcat Question

FDG Wildcat Question

Hi All;

Along with flying Talon's latest campaign releases, I'm busy downloading and installing the aircraft for 'Beaus in the Sand' these days and I've run into a wee snag. The FDG Wildcat f4f-4 with the Walsh skin doesn't always show the drop tanks, depending on where you're looking from while outside the aircraft. I generally do a 6 step walk around (numpad) before I get into the air just to make sure things are 5 by 5, and noticed this 'now ya see 'em, now ya don't' situation.

The tanks are there and they drop when required ( I know this because I can hear the 'clunk' from inside the cockpit), but there's nothing to see. I believe the Walsh Martlett skin was made for the F4f-3 model but called for on the F4f-4 model in the campaign so I'm wondering if this is the problem somehow.

Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Icon22 Reply...

Alpha_1,

1) The drop tanks and bombs for the Wildcat always show up on mine, I can't speak for your rig.

2) The textures just re-skin the model, it doesn't affect anything else. There's no difference in the way the skins fit the aircraft, either the F4F-3 or F4F-4.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi Rami;

I'm gonna put this one down to new hardware that prob'ly needs some tweaking here and there.. Something to do with my video settings, I'd guess

Thanks for weighin' in, m'man.

Cheers;

Quick question.......

I may have inadvertenly dropped a memory cell somewhere, but I can't find a FDG F4F-4. All I have is the 3 model. Did I miss a update somewhere?
    Looked around and found no FDG F4f-4. Felt like I was looking for some help for a HP all-in-one office machine.

CLARIFICATION REQUESTED: Are we talking about a FDG F4f4 or a FDG2 F4F4?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    I may have inadvertenly dropped a memory cell somewhere, but I can't find a FDG F4F-4. All I have is the 3 model. Did I miss a update somewhere?
    Looked around and found no FDG F4f-4. Felt like I was looking for some help for a HP all-in-one office machine.

CLARIFICATION REQUESTED: Are we talking about a FDG F4f4 or a FDG2 F4F4?
    He may be talking about the donationware Wildcats.They have both the F4F-3 and F4F-4.I don't know for sure.

Yer right, Talon. FDG was giving these away some time back, complete with passwords. I'm not sure where I found these.

Felt like I was looking for some help for a HP all-in-one office machine.........HAHAHAHA........good one, Fibber!

I believe the download is listed in 'Beaus in the Sand'

Cheers;

Members who have read this thread: 24