MegaScenery Hawaii

Thread: MegaScenery Hawaii

MegaScenery Hawaii

I'm gonna try this again...maybe that last scenery was too unknown to get a response. Does anyone have this scenery? If so, to what extent does it have autogen? (just buildings, buildings and some vegetation, etc).

Megascenery Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'm gonna try this again...maybe that last scenery was too unknown to get a response. Does anyone have this scenery? If so, to what extent does it have autogen? (just buildings, buildings and some vegetation, etc).
    I know this is for Prepar3D, but I would guess, based partly on experience as well as screenshots of the new "whole state" version going for $5. I have the earlier Megascenery Hawaii (Oahu only) and there is very little autogen of any sort along with a couple of water masking issues around Pearl, even at full-right scenery settings in FSX Accel. On the upside, I am able to use certain commercial addons (Dillingham) and freeware in conjunction with it, and there some very nicely done freeware photosceneries for Kauai i and Ni ihau. None of which have much in the way of autogen.

On the other hand, with Megascenery releasing the whole state version as a slightly "flawed" product for $5.00 to cover bandwidth costs, it'd probably be worth it to grab (assuming it works in P3D). While I am not an accomplished scenery designer, I have had a lot of fun sprucing the Oahu product up with lots of my own custom made objects that I hope to share with the community in the near future. You can also noodle around with the product's scenery tiles - I did in order to alleviate the above mentioned masking issues at the mouth of Pearl Harbor. Hope this is in some way helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    I know this is for Prepar3D, but I would guess, based partly on experience as well as screenshots of the new "whole state" version going for $5. I have the earlier Megascenery Hawaii (Oahu only) and there is very little autogen of any sort along with a couple of water masking issues around Pearl, even at full-right scenery settings in FSX Accel. On the upside, I am able to use certain commercial addons (Dillingham) and freeware in conjunction with it, and there some very nicely done freeware photosceneries for Kauai i and Ni ihau. None of which have much in the way of autogen.

On the other hand, with Megascenery releasing the whole state version as a slightly "flawed" product for $5.00 to cover bandwidth costs, it'd probably be worth it to grab (assuming it works in P3D). While I am not an accomplished scenery designer, I have had a lot of fun sprucing the Oahu product up with lots of my own custom made objects that I hope to share with the community in the near future. You can also noodle around with the product's scenery tiles - I did in order to alleviate the above mentioned masking issues at the mouth of Pearl Harbor. Hope this is in some way helpful.
    Yep, thanks for taking the time to relate your knowledge. I'm not terribly concerned about the vegetation, although I was hoping it did at least have a smattering to start with. I can fill in using the autogen annotator. The Newport sceneries I picked up for 7.50US are really excellent, so the MegaScenery will fill out the remaining Island nicely. Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 17