Carenado Pilatus PC12? Yes indeed

Thread: Carenado Pilatus PC12? Yes indeed

Blog Entries

Carenado Pilatus PC12? Yes indeed

www.carenado.com

Check incoming projects

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Excellent news! I love this plane and my Flight1 variants getting a bit old in the tooth.

Thanks for the find.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I love this plane and my Flight1 variants getting a bit old in the tooth.
    YES! I could not agree more.

Can't seem to bring up the Carenado site right now, but thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm... perhaps if they do a PC-12 on the Carenado side, they'll do a PC-6 on the Alabeo side... Now that I'd likely buy no questions asked!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    ...perhaps if they do a PC-12 on the Carenado side, they'll do a PC-6 on the Alabeo side... Now that I'd likely buy no questions asked!
    Maybe so - but this one is likely to be better.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Maybe so - but this one is likely to be better.
    *Slaps forehead*

I've only been checking that thread every day or so for new info /pics since it went up a couple of weeks back. Don't know what I was thinking. There must of been a reason a little voice inside my head heard 'Pilatus' and whispered 'PC-6, PC-6'! Indeed, that one looks to be a masterpiece in every way, not just graphically.

Edit: Actually, there's a lot in the AS preview forum that I'm looking forward to - the F-14, the CRJ, the E.E. Lightning, and then the Porter. They're going to get a lot of my money at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post

*Slaps forehead*
    No, it makes sense to think about an Alabeo PC-6 even if Marcel has one in the works. Much as I'm devoted to some developers (like Marcel and A2A), I'll always take a look at other developers because you never know when somebody's going to have a breakthrough. It doesn't happen often, but it can. I never enjoyed Just Flight much until their Canberra came along. And while Manfred & Co.'s C-47 isn't by A2A and doesn't have Accu-sim, it's sure taking up more of my time than any A2A aircraft at the moment. So like you, I'm really, really (really!) looking forward to Marcel's Porter, I'll also keep an open mind about any pleasant surprises that may be out there.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    No, it makes sense to think about an Alabeo PC-6 even if Marcel has one in the works. Much as I'm devoted to some developers (like Marcel and A2A), I'll always take a look at other developers because you never know when somebody's going to have a breakthrough. It doesn't happen often, but it can. I never enjoyed Just Flight much until their Canberra came along. And while Manfred & Co.'s C-47 isn't by A2A and doesn't have Accu-sim, it's sure taking up more of my time than any A2A aircraft at the moment. So like you, I'm really, really (really!) looking forward to Marcel's Porter, I'll also keep an open mind about any pleasant surprises that may be out there.
    True enough. To be honest though, for some reason it had completely slipped my mind, or else I likely wouldn't of mentioned it.

I actually think that Alabeo currently fills a good role - pretty looking, inexpensive, simple to operate, light on the system. I guess I really don't look for in-depth realism from them, nor would I really want it, since not every plane on my pc has to be a study sim! I guess when I made me comment regarding Alabeo and a PC-6, I was likely thinking about how much a Carenado PC-12 might cost in performance terms, and how accurate it's systems are going to be, and thinking that I'd rather have a simple PC-6 from Alabeo.

In fact, now that I've said that out loud to myself, even though I'll be almost certainly be buying Marcel's PC-6 on release, if the systems depth that he's described is an always present thing to deal with, I'd likely buy an Alabeo PC-6 as a stablemate for those times when I just want to hit ctrl-e and go fly! After all, sometimes I'm either too tired or time limited to deal with accurate levels of realism.

Staying on topic, I have been hoping and hoping Carenado would do a NG version of the PC-12. I have logged zillions of time in the Flight1 model which has held up well and is one of my very favorite payware aircraft. They have declined to do an NG version. Following what they achieved with their B200 I have good expectations for a new PC-12 from Carenado. The plane IRL is just incredibly versatile. If had my full licence -and the spare bucks - that is what I buy.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 69