Long time no see

Thread: Long time no see

Long time no see

Hi Guys...long time no see...it's been at least a couple years although I checked in when I bought a copy of FSX and couldn't re-install on Win8....so, yesterday I finally got around to re-installing CFS3 and of course can't find all the discs I had made of odds and ends....so, where can I find the remade cockpits for the stock planes? Like I say it's been awhile and I've forgotten where to find certain things...like the mudpond stuff..etc. An ugly divorce and poverty and all kinds of health trips have kind of shattered my world for awhile but, I'm a survivor and get a great deal of joy from these sims....and I kind of miss some of you gents besides!!

Oh Yeah...I forgot to say that when I installed CFS3 on my Win8 machine, it played well right out of the box...no having to mess around with the config...all the colors and detail were dead on.
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Welcome back middle, we've kept your seat warm!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thank goodness for that...it's been a long winter...
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

A few things have changed since you left...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ry-Interesting
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back!!
    And there is Much Rejoicing!!

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Two things (well three)

middle - great to see you back
    Major magee - thanks for having a screen shot with that plane, makes me feel good that folks still fly her.
    Hobbit thanks also for the pic flying the HE177, these changes to the water have made me exciting about Coastal Command and Sea Eagles and finishing up a few things.....

Ted

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Ted, I and many owe you a BIG Thank You, your work has improved our CFS3 and expansions experience beyond belief..
    A true Master , indeed!!

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    Hi Guys...long time no see...it's been at least a couple years although I checked in when I bought a copy of FSX and couldn't re-install on Win8....so, yesterday I finally got around to re-installing CFS3 and of course can't find all the discs I had made of odds and ends....so, where can I find the remade cockpits for the stock planes? Like I say it's been awhile and I've forgotten where to find certain things...like the mudpond stuff..etc. An ugly divorce and poverty and all kinds of health trips have kind of shattered my world for awhile but, I'm a survivor and get a great deal of joy from these sims....and I kind of miss some of you gents besides!!

Oh Yeah...I forgot to say that when I installed CFS3 on my Win8 machine, it played well right out of the box...no having to mess around with the config...all the colors and detail were dead on.
    UNCLE MIDDLE!!!!!

Welcome back, bud.

Mudpond is still active site: http://www.mudpond.org/

So is Reg's Hangar Index: http://www.regshanger.com/

...and Beau Brummie's site: http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline.com/

The full load of MAW is here now: http://www.mrjmaint.com/CFS3/

Korean Skies, the full load, is here at SOH now: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=166

www.aussiex.org has:

CFS3 ETO Expansion 10
    CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update 1.20
    ETO FirePower USAAF HeavyBombers2
    CFS3 ETO Expansion Cumulative Update 1.40 Install Pack
    CFS3 ETO Exp Cumulative Update 1.40 Hotfix Install Pack

(NOTE: The Update and Hotfix 1.30 and 1.31 were included in Update and Hotfix 1.40 and were dropped.)

PTO Build 1.4 Main Base Install
    PTO Update 1.0
    PTO Update 1.13
    PTO Update 1.22
    PTO Update 1.30
    PTO Update 1.40
    PTO Update 1.54

The Battle of Britain for CFS3

CFS3 PTO Rising Sun (OPTIONAL: You can download the entire pack at once or get all 8 parts and the Mole Fix separately.)
    CFS3 PTO Rising Sun Beta Hotfix Mini-Update
    CFS3 PTO Rising Sun Special Update Beaufort Package Install Pack

SOH also has the entire AvHistory catalog: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=72

...as are some Netwings offerings: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=127

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Thanks guys..it's nice to be home again...That's great Grizz...I really needed to track down some stuff.Thanks.
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Just say thanks to Griz too..I've bookmarked this post it's a really Brilliant list of how to find stuff......might be worth considering if it were to be into tbe permant 'Sticky Thread' stuff etc above; so new/old hands can find it quickly.......anyway thankyou: neat.

Quote Originally Posted by icutler View Post
    Just say thanks to Griz too..I've bookmarked this post it's a really Brilliant list of how to find stuff......might be worth considering if it were to be into tbe permant 'Sticky Thread' stuff etc above; so new/old hands can find it quickly.......anyway thankyou: neat.
    Ian, another for your bookmarks is Downloads: Korea, PTO, MAW, ETO, Rising Sun sticky above. 11,500 views and rising so far...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Nice to see you back here! ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

iTS GREAT TO BE HERE...I JUST HAD A MARATHON D-LOADING SESSION TO CATCH UP ON SOME THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN MY ABSENSE...(oops....capslok was on)...now if I can't figure out how to get all the new stuff to work in Win8, I'll be a happy camper....I got a new machine a year ago and it's very fast and all that but I hate the fact that I can't easily access "privileges" to get to some of the folders...so, anyone who has any familiarity with Win8, I'd love to hear from ya...I'm really looking forward to running ETO and MAW and Rising sun now that I have a machine that's capable of running all the stuff and a big monitor to view it with...so far, stock CFS3 looks great after I added a few minor changes. The major problem I'm having is getting to the apps data folder. Has anyone here installed the theaters running Win8???
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Welcome back Middle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome back, Mid! Good to see you over here again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    The major problem I'm having is getting to the apps data folder.
    The universal answer to that in XP, Vista and Win7 has been to type %appdata%\Microsoft in the address bar of Explorer. Give that a try in Win8?
    Tom

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon28

for win7 its "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft"

cheers

Yeh, I finally discovered the path last night...here's the weird thing about Win8...the sim saves the app data folder in three separate places. there's a cfs3 folder in "documents", one in the aforementioned path and one in
    the program files folder....I was wondering why the sim would crash every time I was in campaign mode....so, I deleted the folders from documents and program files and it worked ok....what I want to know is there a way to somehow dictate the correct path to where the sim is saving the data...??? Meanwile I think I will take a go at installing ETO and then Rising sun and see what happens....I sure did like the ease of XP but I have to admit that CFS3 is looking better and runs smoother then at any other time on my old machine...I've got all the scenery sliders maxed in the config and it's really nice with very good frame rates.
    I'll try and follow the Win7 advice for installing the add-ons....we'll see what happens and I'll keep you updated as I discover quirks....thanks for the tips and help.
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Blog Entries
    Hi Mid, has it really been that long? Nice to see you back and posting again.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Hi Clive..yeh its been a couple years I guess...a couple of the hardest years I've ever lived thru in my almost 64 years. But I'm still alive and kickin and trying to figure out how to run CFS3 in Win8 without having it crash....the missions seem to run ok altho they crash too from time to time...
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Members who have read this thread: 37