looks intresting,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looks intresting,

looks intresting,

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 SceneryFS2004 Vietnam War AI Scenery Pack 1
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: vietnamwaraiscenerypack1.zip
    Size: 12,404,157 Date: 04-17-2014 Downloads: 56

FS2004 Vietnam War AI Scenery Pack 1. A collection of USAF air bases used during the Vietnam War for use with AI packages that will follow. By Giuseppe Natalicchio.

Just downloading now to ivestigate-----
    cheers ian

Pretty good although my screenshot utility's not playing ball at the moment, its the old FS2000 George Knowles Vietnam scenery adapted for FS9, but adapted well, the only problem for me is the old FS98 background polys, i think i'll fire-up SBuilder and play around and see if i can get them looking better.
    cheers ian

First Ai pack available------

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 AI Flight PlansFS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 1-3TFW
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: 3tfw_f-100d_bien_hoa_afb.zip
    Size: 10,837,187 Date: 04-18-2014 Downloads: 143

FS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 1-3TFW. AI traffic of 3rd TFW with F-100D Super Sabre and A-37B Dragonfly based on Bien Hoa Air Base during the Vietnam War. By Giuseppe Natalicchio.

Hi, ive managed to open the bgl of Phu Cat and remove the old FS98 bright green background and replace with a SBiulder VTPP poly, but i need to know if it works properly, would someone install these new bgls and let me know if they work, if they do, then i'll have a crack at all of them----

Looks good to me, this is just a rough test, i'll re-do it and get it fitting better when i get some feed back---

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Here's a piccie from my comp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phucat.jpg  

Much better, thanks Steve.

I am now in contact with the guy who's releasing these packages and he seems happy with me making up better ground poly for these old airfields,
    although it is abit of a headache decompiling up each bgl into a sca file and working out which object to delete, the first one im looking at, Bien Hoa, has around 1200 objects , im wondering if maybe just trying to make the ground poly r8 textures transparent would have been a better way forward.
    Still, ive lear'nt a few new tricks that'll come in useful,
    Im also adding some ground equipment with ez, mostly John Stinstrom's GGSE and JGSE package's which most of you have already install'd, not sure how they will be released, im passing the on and im guessing they'll be release as some kind of update.
    cheers ian

Just found this on flightsim.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 AI Flight Plans
    FS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 2-504TACG
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: 504_tacg_o1_o2_ov10.zip
    Size: 2,250,463 Date: 04-22-2014 Downloads: 318

FS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 2-504TACG. AI traffic of 504th TACG (FAC) with Cessna O-1, Cessna O-2, North American Rockwell OV-10 based on Bien Hoa, Danang, Nha Trang, Binh Thuy and Nakhom Phanom Air Base during the Vietnam War. By Giuseppe Natalicchio.

And these just turned up.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 AI Flight PlansFS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 3-23TW
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: 23tw_vnaf-a1_f5_bien_hoa_afb.zip
    Size: 4,688,060 Date: 04-28-2014 Downloads: 56

FS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 3-23TW. AI traffic of VNAF 23rd TW with Douglas A-1H Skyraider and Northrop F-5A/B/RF Freedom Fighter based on Bien Hoa Air Base during the Vietnam War, Air Base upgrade and add missing USAF A-37 traffic file. By Giuseppe Natalicchio, Ian Elliot.

Yep, thats my first airbase upgrade included with that pack, ground polys and extra objects, ive installed, reinstalled and tested and everything looks good from my end, hope it does for you guys also.

Cam Ranh, DaNang and Hue are also pretty much done and should be released with Ai in due course.

I would like to make it clear that the original scenery is about 10 years old, and made with FSSC, ive done my best to make the ground polys and Afcads work, 95% successful i'd say, there are a few small areas where im getting bleed-through, FSSC generated taxiways dissapearing while taxiing, i hope this doesn't take away the enjoyment of this scenery.

cheers ian

Looks very nice, thanks Giuseppe and Ian!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Yep, thats my first airbase upgrade included with that pack, ground polys and extra objects, ive installed, reinstalled and tested and everything looks good from my end, hope it does for you guys also.

Cam Ranh, DaNang and Hue are also pretty much done and should be released with Ai in due course.

I would like to make it clear that the original scenery is about 10 years old, and made with FSSC, ive done my best to make the ground polys and Afcads work, 95% successful i'd say, there are a few small areas where im getting bleed-through, FSSC generated taxiways dissapearing while taxiing, i hope this doesn't take away the enjoyment of this scenery.

cheers ian
    Ian, you have my thanks for the updating you are doing. I have the full George Knowles set, but had never installed them. These will definitely be installed, now that there will be some action going on.

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I too appreciate the efforts Ian.

I was in Vietnam in '67-68 and have been at Cam Rahn Bay, Bien Hoa, Nha Trang, DaNang and Phu Cat many times. I look forward to installing your packages.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks guys, much appreciated , Ive just been sent the Ai for Cam Ranh to test, so thats probably the next out the gate.

Cam Ranh is abit of a head scratcher, im wondering if the original designer made it back-to-front, from images on the net and google earth, Navy/Marine units, MAC and civil seem to be on the western side of the airfield with the airforce on the seaward eastern side, but the scenery seems to be the opposite, im also aware that the base was built up very quickly from virtually nothing in the mid 60's to probably the largest US airfield in Vietnam in the space of a couple of years, so the constant changing explains way its difficult to pin down what went where.

On a more general note, Marine/Navy units operated out of many of these airfields, would they share the same ramp space and facilitys as the airforce or would they be separate, i dont have much control over what Ai goes where, thats Giuseppe department, but ive got to get some of Mike Pearsons Crusaders operating out of DaNang at least, cant let the airforce have all the fun

cheers ian

This is really great project, i lost all my flightsim files with D disk crash few days ago and this is great beginning for new fresh install. By the way does anybody know if there is VNAF F-5 repaint for Piglet's model, as i cant find any?

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    This is really great project, i lost all my flightsim files with D disk crash few days ago and this is great beginning for new fresh install. By the way does anybody know if there is VNAF F-5 repaint for Piglet's model, as i cant find any?
    I have one part done on my hdd, will dig it out and have a looksee at it.

Steve

Should have it ready for the weekend, all being well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ppp_f5a_vnaf.jpg  

Got too spend a few hours on it this evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ppp_f5a_vnaf_2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Got too spend a few hours on it this evening.
    Looks very nice!

I really think we need to encourage this guy-----

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=1#post882269

cheers ian

I agree with you Ian, we need to give Ian a push. I'd love to see you install a couple carriers at Yankee station and a couple at Dixie station.

Another update up at Flightsim, enjoy-----

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 AI Flight PlansFS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 4-12TW
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: 12tfw_f-4c_cam_ranh_afb.zip
    Size: 12,188,882 Date: 05-03-2014 Downloads: 156

FS2004 Vietnam War AI Traffic Pack 4-12TW. AI Traffic of 12th T.F.W. with McDonnell F-4C Phantom II based on Cam Ranh Air Base during the Vietnam War. By Giuseppe Natalicchio and Ian Elliot.

A repaint request

I dont often do request's, but im wondering if anyone out there would be willing to make a Royal Australian air force repaint for John Youngs Ai Canberra. Phan Rang is part of our scenery package and it would be good having 2sq RAAF Canberra's on the flightline, here's hoping,
    cheers ian

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/b/168/139/0

Members who have read this thread: 61