FSTramp and P3D V2.2

Thread: FSTramp and P3D V2.2

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

FSTramp and P3D V2.2

There is a new version of FSTramp over on flightsim.com. File here http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=23429290.

I have installed this version and it works with P3D V2.2. The readme says you get 20 uses then if not registered (costs 30 Euros) it reverts to freeware mode with many of the items disabled.

If it does what I want it to do then I will consider spending the money to register it.

It appears to be very much like the old FSNav but with more bells and whistles.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat, this is very much like FSNav, since it's the same developer. The only thing left to incorporate is the Flight Planner module, which should be coming any time now. He's been doing regular update intervals and just did one recently and mentions that the next addition will be the Flight Planner (drag and drop like FSNav). Once that's in place it will be everything we had in FSNav and then some. Well worth the money!

I have only read part the way through the manual so far but two things seem to be missing. Upper and lower airways and intersections. May just need to find how to turn them on and off like in either PlanG o FSC.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I have only read part the way through the manual so far but two things seem to be missing. Upper and lower airways and intersections. May just need to find how to turn them on and off like in either PlanG o FSC.
    Pat, on the RH side tool bar, buttons marked "J" and "V".

Thanks Ed. Like I say I am still exploring it

Cheers
    Pat

Well I took the plunge and registered the programme but I still feel there are a few things missing. The main one appears to be the inability to save a flight plan created in FSTramp. Maybe I am missing something but there seems to be nothing in the help files telling you how to save a plan.

To me it appears you have to first create a flight plan using another planner like FSC or PlanG then loading it into your aircraft's GPS in order to have the flight plan appear on FSTramp.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Well I took the plunge and registered the programme but I still feel there are a few things missing. The main one appears to be the inability to save a flight plan created in FSTramp. Maybe I am missing something but there seems to be nothing in the help files telling you how to save a plan.

To me it appears you have to first create a flight plan using another planner like FSC or PlanG then loading it into your aircraft's GPS in order to have the flight plan appear on FSTramp.
    You are correct Pat. The Flight Plan module is coming next. That will give you the option to drag and drop airports and waypoints to build a flight plan and the ability to save it as you could with FSNav.

Members who have read this thread: 25