AVG complete package released by Talon!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AVG complete package released by Talon!

AVG Campaign

The original AVG.

Since the Lindsay Watts P-40's are no longer available I have put in the Bruno P-40b planes.
    The player flight will have different planes in the flight so it ther are 4 planes in it there will be 4 different planes.
    For the P-40e I used the KM P-40E and there wll be several used with differenet textures.

This campaign started Dec 21,1941 and ended May 4,1942.

AVG China.

This is a new campaign that starts May 4,1942 and ends July 3,1942.

In this campaign you will be flying mainly from Paoshan and Kunming.
    From May 4 until May 11 you will be protecting the Salween River Gorge and helping the Chinese ground forces.During this time you will be attacking Japanese vehicles in the Valley and intercepting their aircarft.
    Starting on May 12 you have to defend Kunming and attack enemy airfields.
    In June the IJAAF start attacking from Hanoi.

Basically the same planes will be used in this campaign.
    So far I have about half the campaign done.

CATF

This camapign is being redone with new planes and expanded.Doing more research I have found more that can be added.

You will also be flying a P-40k in this campaign along with the P-40b and P-40e.

I figure about 110 missions for the campaigns.

All I can say is WOW! I enjoyed your previous effort tremendously, improving the near-perfect must be hard. I cannot wait
    Thanks a lot for all those beauties
    Finn

Talon,

Sounds like the "immersion factor" will be very high. I'd like to add my WOW also!

voyager

!!!!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

I figure I have about 30 missions to still do for it.There will be some GSL senery and layout files also.

In some missions I found the names of the pilots that flew them.

Nice goin', Talon. I've flown both the old ones and they were excellent, so these new ones should be fantastic.

Cheers,
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

What about...

..... a mission with the crash Greg Boyngton describes in his "Baa, baa, Black Sheep" book, during a scramble he did with a P-40 with an engine insufficiently warmed up which quit on him, sending both plane and pilot into the jungle at the end of the strip? He was quite lucky to survive such accident!

....I think it's impossible replicating that in a mission, I just wanted to add a little humour with an imaginary, bizarre request!

It sounds like an epic campaign you are building there , can't wait to download it!

Thank you!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

I now have only 4 or 5 missions to finish the AVG China part of the package.The CATF will be next to be revamped and added to.

Icon22 Reply...

Al,

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who slaves to keep my campaigns up to date. Keep up the great work, and thank you for being so accommodating!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Al,

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who slaves to keep my campaigns up to date. Keep up the great work, and thank you for being so accommodating!
    Rami,

Don't be talking like that you'll ruin my reputation.

AVG China part of the campaigns package is now finished except for the camapaign file.There are 32 missions covering from May 4,1942 till July 3.1942.There are some nice easy ground attack missions and intercepts and a few lone wolf missions when you are just doing a patrol.

I'm going to take a little break because I had to do alot of hand editing for the first 2 parts and editing 75 missions is not a real fun time.After I will start on the CATF part.

Finn
    kelticheart
    Alpha_1
    voyager
    Sarg Willy

Please PM me your e-mail address so you can try what I have done so far.

I started work on the CATF part of the Campaigns ad have 15 missions done for it.That covers from July 4,1942 to August 1,1942.It will end in March of 1943 so a long way to go.

Sounds very immersive and alot of work.I'm looking forward to this and appreciate your hard work.

TheBookie

I've played every AVG & CATF campaign l could get my hands on since CFS1 so l'll be lining up for this one! Thanks Talon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by watchdog22 View Post
    I've played every AVG & CATF campaign l could get my hands on since CFS1 so l'll be lining up for this one! Thanks Talon
    Watchdog,

I have 99 missions done so far and expect to have 115 to 120 missions for the 3 campaigns.I found some new info on the CATF over the weekend.

All missions are easy just ask Alpha_1

All I have to say

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Watchdog,

I have 99 missions done so far and expect to have 115 to 120 missions for the 3 campaigns.I found some new info on the CATF over the weekend.

All missions are easy just ask Alpha_1
    Is WOW!.... Just WOW! Thanks Talon

Wink Triple WOW!!!

It sounds like it'll be as close as to really flying together with "Tex" Hill, Greg Boyngton, Jim Howard, Bob Neale and the other legendary Flying Tigers pilots!

Outstanding job, Talon!

Cheers!
    KH

The 3 campaigns will be 115 missions.

AVG - 43 missions Done

AVG China - 32 missions Done

CATF - 40 missions. I have 35 of these done.

I'm still waiting for some new textures for the planes and I don't expect them for a while yet.
    Last edited by Talon; April 5th, 2014 at 19:52.

When everything is finished for this camapign package I will have another big surprise for you.
    Last edited by Talon; April 6th, 2014 at 15:03.

Icon28

Hi pal
    Some time ago you had wrote that you're planning to do or its ready ( i don't remember well) Guadalcanal missions with p-40 and f4u
    Is there any progress?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
    Hi pal
    Some time ago you had wrote that you're planning to do or its ready ( i don't remember well) Guadalcanal missions with p-40 and f4u
    Is there any progress?

cheers
    How about a little R&R after this 115 mission effort?

Cheers!
    KH

Quote Originally Posted by nik112 View Post
    Hi pal
    Is there any progress?

cheers
    Nik,

I have 8 missions for the P-40 part of it but put it on hold for now. I still need to decide which B-26 to use,make all new plane layouts,and do some gsl work. Mission wise they are more complicated then I usually do so take more time.

For the USMC part I have a few missions done but have to do the same things for it as for the P-40 campaign.
    At times I get bored doing missions and it gets more like work then fun,at that point I take a break for awhile.

Thanks for your reply
    Waiting.........................

cheers

Members who have read this thread: 58