AVG complete package released by Talon! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AVG complete package released by Talon!

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    I have decided this is the end of the line for me.This Campaign will be my last.There is nothing I really want to work on anymore. Hope you enjoy and Farewell.
    Alrighty then, thanks for everything...but you know we've heard you sing that farewell song many times before over the past decade...lol. Face it Talon, you enjoy mission building above everything else in cyberworld and there's no better MB-friendly combat sim platform on the planet than CFS2, besides CFS1 of course. CFS2 gives you total flexibility, a true global scope, plus all the bells and whistles found in all the other platforms. See you soon...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Talon, thank you for These campaigns!
    I had a lot of fun with your previous AVG release, and look forward to flying this one too!

auf wiederseheh Talon;

'Auf wiedersehen' because it means 'until we meet again'. I suspect, old friend that Bearcat nailed it. We'll see you back again. Not that I would know much about it, but it must be kinda hard to walk away from such successes as you've given us. The sim is so much better because of your work, thank you.

I sincerely hope to see you here again soon.

Cheers, Talon;
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_1 View Post
    'Auf wiedersehen' because it means 'until we meet again'. I suspect, old friend that Bearcat nailed it. We'll see you back again. Not that I would know much about it, but it must be kinda hard to walk away from such successes as you've given us. The sim is so much better because of your work, thank you.

I sincerely hope to see you here again soon.

Cheers, Talon;
    Aufwiedersehen... actually literally means "until seeing (each other) again"...
    Aufwiederhoeren ... (o with umlaut.. those two little dots) .... "until we hear...etc"
    Since the verb for physically meeting is treffen... Until we meet again would be more
    like Auf treffen Sie einander... and that simply is not a German figure of speech at all...

Aufwiedersehen is often translated as "until we meet again"... nonetheless.... just a
    point of clarity... Until we meet again... in the sense it is used in English... does not
    exist in German... I speak 6 other languages... "Hasta la vista..." in Spanish... is
    the translation for Aufwiedersehen... and it is probably closer... but not exactly....
    Still... it has the concept of "viewing" ... not meeting...
    Cheers,
    gaucho_59

treffen Sie einander

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Aufwiedersehen... actually literally means "until seeing (each other) again"...
    Aufwiederhoeren ... (o with umlaut.. those two little dots) .... "until we hear...etc"
    Since the verb for physically meeting is treffen... Until we meet again would be more
    like Auf treffen Sie einander... and that simply is not a German figure of speech at all...

Aufwiedersehen is often translated as "until we meet again"... nonetheless.... just a
    point of clarity... Until we meet again... in the sense it is used in English... does not
    exist in German... I speak 6 other languages... "Hasta la vista..." in Spanish... is
    the translation for Aufwiedersehen... and it is probably closer... but not exactly....
    Still... it has the concept of "viewing" ... not meeting...
    Cheers,
    gaucho_59

treffen Sie einander
    Gaucho, you missed your calling. There's a 'wiki-........' somewhere looking for guys like you. Wikipedia says 'until we meet again' and that's the meaning I used in my post.....it works for me.
    Great to be here......great to be anywhere

Excited to add this to one of my many theatres of ops. Thanks Talon for the hard work

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

As far as history lessons go

I don't know whether everybody here is aware as to what extent Talon's history lessons go in his CFS2 campaigns. A whole lot more than one could normally expect.

I hope Talon will not be mad at me, for making public a little part of an e-mail which he sent me a few weeks ago, when he also generously sent me a preview of this new masterpiece AVG campaign.

Unfortunately, my misunderstanding of my Web provider e-mail instructions made me erroneously delete the text of the e-mail, instead of just separating the hefty campaign attachment, so that I could download it at the office wide-band connection and store Talon's e-mail on my home pc.

Talon's father was involved in WWII at a very high level. If I remember and understood correctly, he was a diplomat, or part of the US diplomatic body in China during the late 1930's. Serving in his position he had the chance to meet Claire Chennault, Chiang Kai-shek and Madame Chiang. He also knew "Tex" Hill and other AVG pilots.

Therefore, do make treasure of Talon's campaigns, because his historical information is first-hand and not learnt on books as the vast majority of everybody else, including me, did!

Most of the CFS2 historical campaigns written by SOH members deserve to be linked to WWII history websites.

Talon's historical combat flight simulation campaigns deserve to stand in WWII aviation museums, alongside with the real aircrafts which fought it. A vivid memory of a tragic, yet epic, moment of mankind's history which severed the few remaining ties from Medieval age and propelled the world into the modern societies we all know and live in today.

Talon, as Bearcat and others wrote, I hope you'll keep in touch with CFS2 and SOH, in spite of the many commitments you made in your life. As to me, it will always be a pleasure reading your comments and news from you. Thank you for all the work you gifted us with.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Here's what I wrote to you Kelti.

" The CBI is important to me because my father served there in WW2. He met Tex Hill and Chennault.He was part of Merrill's Marauders and was badly wounded at Myitkyina. After he recovered from his wounds he was a liason between the Army and Chiang Kai-shek and Madame Chiang Kai-shek .He had lunch with Madame Chiang and said she had the brains of the 2 of them. When she moved to the USA he even went to see her and she remembered him. "

We just confirmed he was part of Merill's Marauders in the last 6 monhs.Now alot of stories he told me mske more sense.

He also talked about flying over the Himalaya mountains. it would be 110 degrees on the ground but they had to wear their winter uniforms while in the air.They all had patches to let the Chinese know they were Americans and they would take them to safety if the crashed.

On one flight lighting hit an engine and it went out,the plane started to go down but the pilot got it started again.When they landed at Kunming the Japanese had just bombed the airfield and the planes wheel got stuck in a bomb crater.

As most veterns he didn't talk much about combat but some of the good times.We foundout that in hand to hand combat he got a rifle butt in his face knocking out most of his teeth and bayoneted.The Japanese soldier was using a Mauser98 and my father was able to subdue him after his wounds and take the Rifle which I have today.

I also had an uncle who served on USS Hornet during the Doolittle Raid,Midway and Santa Cruz.He later served on the USS Ticonderoga.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Wink Freewheeling neurons....

Here's what I wrote to you Kelti.

" The CBI is important to me because my father served there in WW2. He met Tex Hill and Chennault.He was part of Merrill's Marauders and was badly wounded at Myitkyina. After he recovered from his wounds he was a liason between the Army and Chiang Kai-shek and Madame Chiang Kai-shek .He had lunch with Madame Chiang and said she had the brains of the 2 of them. When she moved to the USA he even went to see her and she remembered him. "

We just confirmed he was part of Merill's Marauders in the last 6 monhs.Now alot of stories he told me mske more sense.

He also talked about flying over the Himalaya mountains. it would be 110 degrees on the ground but they had to wear their winter uniforms while in the air.They all had patches to let the Chinese know they were Americans and they would take them to safety if the crashed.

On one flight lighting hit an engine and it went out,the plane started to go down but the pilot got it started again.When they landed at Kunming the Japanese had just bombed the airfield and the planes wheel got stuck in a bomb crater.

As most veterns he didn't talk much about combat but some of the good times.We foundout that in hand to hand combat he got a rifle butt in his face knocking out most of his teeth and bayoneted.The Japanese soldier was using a Mauser98 and my father was able to subdue him after his wounds and take the Rifle which I have today.

I also had an uncle who served on USS Hornet during the Doolittle Raid,Midway and Santa Cruz.He later served on the USS Ticonderoga.
    ...as I said, another joke played my memory, which made me remember the term "liason" as a diplomat....

Nevertheless, thank you Talon for sharing it.

The message I wanted to deliver is that the majority of the works uploaded here, and generically defined as "hobby" products, conceal the highest degree of quality in them.

Quality reached through accurate historical research and painstaking verification of the sources. In Talon's case, even through personal testimony from his family members who were there.

Is there somebody who still thinks this CFS2 is just another computerized game?

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Talon,

Thanks for sharing your campaigns and history. Fair winds and calm seas to you, and although creating campaigns may or will become a past event for you please continue to come visit.

Best Regards,
    O

Hey Al,

Thank you and stay in touch. The bug may bite you again. I don't want to be placing ads in the personals section of the Star "All is forgiven, Come back home" Just so you know- although my historical campaigns don't reach the level of yours, you've been my inspiration to try, writing the 9th FS, the 354th FG, Satan's Kittens VF-19 and the Pearl Harbor American missions to complement your PHP project.

Blue skies and a following sea be with you,

Kurt.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Question better ground textures

Hi Talon and other friends,
    i've just made a CBI install. I have Pactex2, are they appropriate or do you suggest another set?
    Bye
    Gius

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hi Talon and other friends,
    i've just made a CBI install. I have Pactex2, are they appropriate or do you suggest another set?
    Bye
    Gius
    cfs2 enhanced textures expansion UT by Uncle Tgt. I also use all the Rhumba Mesh.

I have really enjoyed flying these campaigns, great fun and historical.I got them before he released them because I posted in this thread.

He also sent me the missions he was working on for the P-40 44th Squadron and the USMC at Guadalcanal 1943, and his China Intervention in Korea.

In the 44th squadron it's really cool to see 4 flights takeoff from Guadalcanal and join up before you can warp.

He does the same thing in the USMC.

In the China Intervention I've flown only 1 missions where you have to shoot down a Mig 15 with an F-80.Not an easy feat but can be done.

It'd be a shame to lose these.

The Bookie

Cool

cfs2 enhanced textures expansion UT by Uncle Tgt. I also use all the Rhumba Mesh.

Thanks Talon,
    textures downloaded and installed...
    Gius

Al,

Thanks for all that you have done and the mentoring you provided to me over these years. I truly appreciate it.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Hi Talon, thanks for all your work. A labour of love if ever there was one. I tried replying to your PM but my reply was undeliverable,

Cheers,
    Watchdog22
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Alrighty then, thanks for everything...but you know we've heard you sing that farewell song many times before over the past decade...lol. Face it Talon, you enjoy mission building above everything else in cyberworld and there's no better MB-friendly combat sim platform on the planet than CFS2, besides CFS1 of course. CFS2 gives you total flexibility, a true global scope, plus all the bells and whistles found in all the other platforms. See you soon...
    I'll be doing missions but for my pesonal enjoyment.Most will be Jets in Korea.I love flying the early jets.

In the CBI it will be the 14th AF.

Members who have read this thread: 58