AVG complete package released by Talon! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AVG complete package released by Talon!

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    How about a little R&R after this 115 mission effort?

Cheers!
    KH
    Kelti,

It turned out to be 118 missions.

I have been using the KM_P-40E and K for the CATF campaign. They started using the K model late 1942.

Uncle Tgr was kind enough to do some textures for me.Here 2 E model and a K model that he did.

Many thanks for UncleTgr.

The first is the P-40E flown by John Petach- June-July 1942.

Second and third are of Major Harry Pike October 1942

Fourth is a P-40K flown by Robert L Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-40E Petach June 1942.jpg   P-40E Pike Oct 1942  001.jpg   P-40E Pike Oct 1942  002.jpg   P-40K Scott.jpg  

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Kelti,

It turned out to be 118 missions.

.....I rest my case.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

I have been using the KM_P-40E and K for the CATF campaign. They started using the K model late 1942.

Uncle Tgr was kind enough to do some textures for me.Here 2 E model and a K model that he did.

Many thanks for UncleTgr.

The first is the P-40E flown by John Petach- June-July 1942.

Second and third are of Major Harry Pike October 1942

Fourth is a P-40K flown by Robert L Scott
    ... and some more in the paintshop

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    ... and some more in the paintshop...
    !!!!!

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

some piccies of the second batch...

Very interesting rudder art UT. I don't think I've ever seen that one before.

Talon, it's a brilliant way to add *punch* to a mission by making a historic one. A great step over the norm.

Putting yourself in the 'office' of an aircraft marked as the original actually makes you feel the mission more, in my book anyway.

Keep up the good work mate.

Regards,

Graham.

Dallas Clinger - when he rotated out of China he took his rudder fabric home with him!

Just Great UT. I'm adding this picture to my screen saver files. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arfyhun View Post
    Talon, it's a brilliant way to add *punch* to a mission by making a historic one. A great step over the norm.

Putting yourself in the 'office' of an aircraft marked as the original actually makes you feel the mission more, in my book anyway.

Keep up the good work mate.

Regards,

Graham.
    I try to make my missions as historical as possible.When I can I put in the names of the pilots that flew a particular mission. The first AVG is actually day by day and the resourses I have are from both sides.

The CATF is also done the same way.

In the AVG you will be blying the BR_P-40B most of the time with the KM_P-40 coming in in April - May 1942.

AVG China- You will still be flying the P-40B but more flights in the E model.

CATF.A few missions with the B model but most with the E and K model.

I thinks there will be 7 P-40Es and 4 K models.

Question A question

Hello Talon,
    congrats, your works are always excellent: the airbases used in your campaign are those of Xavier?
    Thanks in advance for your reply
    Gius

Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Hello Talon,
    congrats, your works are always excellent: the airbases used in your campaign are those of Xavier?
    Thanks in advance for your reply
    Gius
    Yes they are.There will be a list of which bases in the readme.

Avg campaign

Does anyone know where I can find the plane Curtiss P-40B Tomahawk IIA, AVG "Panda Bears"
    This plane is not listed in the download readme, and besides in the download that Rami generated.
    the links are of the old systems.
    Thanks, John

Quote Originally Posted by John Pirnie View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find the plane Curtiss P-40B Tomahawk IIA, AVG "Panda Bears"
    This plane is not listed in the download readme, and besides in the download that Rami generated.
    the links are of the old systems.
    Thanks, John
    John,

The planes for that campaign are by Lindsay Watts and are no longer available.I am in the process of redoing it now.If you look lower in the posts on this page you will see my post about it.

John,

The planes for that campaign are by Lindsay Watts and are no longer available.I am in the process of redoing it now.If you look lower in the posts on this page you will see my post about it.
    Thanks, John

The original AVG.

Since the Lindsay Watts P-40's are no longer available I have put in the Bruno P-40b planes.
    The player flight will have different planes in the flight so it ther are 4 planes in it there will be 4 different planes.
    For the P-40e I used the KM P-40E and there wll be several used with differenet textures.

This campaign started Dec 21,1941 and ended May 4,1942.

AVG China.

This is a new campaign that starts May 4,1942 and ends July 3,1942.

In this campaign you will be flying mainly from Paoshan and Kunming.
    From May 4 until May 11 you will be protecting the Salween River Gorge and helping the Chinese ground forces.During this time you will be attacking Japanese vehicles in the Valley and intercepting their aircarft.
    Starting on May 12 you have to defend Kunming and attack enemy airfields.
    In June the IJAAF start attacking from Hanoi.

Basically the same planes will be used in this campaign.
    So far I have about half the campaign done.

CATF

This camapign is being redone with new planes and expanded.Doing more research I have found more that can be added.

You will also be flying a P-40k in this campaign along with the P-40b and P-40e.

I figure about 110 missions for the campaigns.
    Looking forward to the finish.
    JP

I now have all the textures from Uncle Tgt and all the missions done. A big Thank You goes to Uncle Tgt.

There are 120 missions now broken up into 3 camapaigns.

AVG - 43 missions

AVG China - 32 missions

CATF - 45 missions.

Everything is being tested now.

Uncle Tgt will upload the new textures when he can.

The CBI is number 1 place I enjoy doing missions.I have always wanted to expand it but couldn't find the info I wanted until recently.Well it has been expaned from 71 missions to 120 with all being hand edited so you have a mix of planes in your flight.No other campaign has been as much fun to do.

Now that it is finished I will not be doing anything else for awhile for CFS2.I think maybe" I will start again when someone new builds a Campaign ".That should give a very long break if not permanent.

Icon22 AVG complete package released by Talon!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This is three campaigns in a single download.

#1 The AVG is in Burma from December 21st, 1941 until May 1942. Their job was to defend Rangoon and harass the enemy.

#2 The AVG is in China starting May 4th, 1942 until they are disbanded July 4th, 1942. Their missions is to help defend the Burma road, help the Chinese ground forces, harass the enemy and defend their own bases.

#3 CATF which the AVG became on July 4th, 1942. They bombed enemy airbases and harbors and defended their own bases. They had 149 air-to-air victories with 85 probables. They did 65 bombing missions. On March 10th, 1943, they became part of the 14th AF.

There are 120 missions for the 3 campaigns.

Make sure you read the readme for instructions on the planes and what to download.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AVG complete package.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon14 Reply...

Al,

Many thanks for this, I'm sure they will keep our contingent of Pacific and CBI enthusiasts very happy!

One question, would you like me to delete this one?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=44&id=5040
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Al,

Many thanks for this, I'm sure they will keep our contingent of Pacific and CBI enthusiasts very happy!

One question, would you like me to delete this one?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=44&id=5040
    Since the P-40 for it is no longer available might as well.

I have decided this is the end of the line for me.This Campaign will be my last.There is nothing I really want to work on anymore. Hope you enjoy and Farewell.

Go out on a high.

Thanks for all your efforts over the years - much appreciated by us less skilled folk.

Good sailing.

I have decided this is the end of the line for me.This Campaign will be my last.There is nothing I really want to work on anymore. Hope you enjoy and Farewell.
    Give it a rest. You earned it. But... Someday, when you get bored, somebody is going to ask you "Hey, what did Task Force 58 do off of Okinawa, how did they stop the kamikazes?", or "who was Lieutenant Robert Hampton “Hammy” Gray, VC, DSC?" Then maybe, just maybe...

Until then, Fair winds and following seas. I thank you for the history lessons.

DvlHownd

Members who have read this thread: 58