New Vid Card Gives Me Fits

Thread: New Vid Card Gives Me Fits

New Vid Card Gives Me Fits

My old system used a Nvidia GE Force 8400 GS and worked just fine. My new system card is a Nvidia GE Force 210 and I don't like what its done to any moveable surface (doors, cowl flaps, rudder, elevators, ailerons). Anyone have a suggestion as to why I'm having this problem. If it matters, I'm running XP.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GCS0001.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	6984Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GCS0002.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	6985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GCS0003.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	6986

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Did you do a clean out of ALL the old drivers before you installed the new card and its drivers? I have discovered sometimes you have to go into the RegEdit and physically search for and delete old files.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Aussieman ... this is a completely new computer, start to finish. I'm so frustrated that I'm seriously thinking of going back to a 8400GS. What are some of you people running for vid cards. I fly FSX (both) as well as FS9 and CFS2 if that matters. Even my tech guy doesn't have a clue why the video is so screwy.

Blog Entries
    The performance rating for FSX graphics is really poor with this video card!
    Ted

Nvidia GeForce 210 and GeForce GT 220 Review: Revenge of the Low-End?. Page 15

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/gra..._15.html#sect0

Price/performance I prefer this one and it is well worth the money $250.00:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125466

Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks, Ted! Looks like I'm going card hunting!

Indeed this is an ultra-low-end video card.
    With NVidia it's quite easy to understand. Just look at the number. If you buy a GT or GTX "xyz", then the general rule (not *totally* accurate, but good enough to get a rough idea) is as follows:
    - "x" is more or less the generation of the card.
    - "y" is the quality/power. 8-9 are high-end cards, 7 is regular/good, 6 is economic balance, and 5 is low end. Anything below 5 is good for Excel and Word, and eventually watching movie...
    - "z" is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    ...Price/performance I prefer this one and it is well worth the money $250.00:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125466
    That one needs 500W of power supply, make sure your PSU is big enough before you buy.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 85