152 Re-do?

Thread: 152 Re-do?

152 Re-do?

Interesting article from AvWeb about resurrecting and revamping Cessna 152's as LSA trainers following the demise of the Skycatcher.

Now, if they's option them with a taildragger conversion and slap on a STOL kit then they'd really have an airplane!

N.

It would be nice if they would finally designate 150's as LSA...We are talking a difference of what, 200lbs? If they would, Id go out and buy a 150 for dad & I... I think it would be nice to take a little longer trips.... Its tough to fly longer than 30 min in the Cub.
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

It's a worthy project, if AOPA can sell the merits and advantages to both Flight Schools and prospective LSA buyers. The 150/152 is an ideal beginner's airplane and has much versatility for the LSA mission.

Agree, they are well within my budget as I continue to search for my 1st purchase (wife doesn't know yet), just doesn't fit the mission profile (xc's). Have a coworker restoring a 150 now, makes complete sense to make the necessary changes for the LSA category on a proven airframe.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Wittpilot View Post
    We are talking a difference of what, 200lbs?
    There's absolutely no "fat" to be trimmed from them either, so the rules would have to be changed, or at least waived for that airframe.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    There's absolutely no "fat" to be trimmed from them either, so the rules would have to be changed, or at least waived for that airframe.

Oh, I know... I meant that as why can't we move the weight limit up 200lbs... I cannot imagine that that 200lbs opens up LSA to an entire gauntlet of new aircraft... I could be wrong... But I believe the 150 fits all categories other than weight.
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Members who have read this thread: 49