Operation Exporter Campaign Uploaded!

Thread: Operation Exporter Campaign Uploaded!

Operation Exporter Campaign Uploaded!

I have just uploaded my new campaign, Operation Exporter.

It is about the conflict between Great Britain and Vichy France in Syria and the Lebanon in June and July 1941.

British and Australian forces invaded these French colonies after the Vichy authorities granted landing rights to German and Italian aircraft on the way to and from Iraq. In a short campaign, the Allies defeated the French and thereby removed Axis power from the region, securing the oil fields in Iraq.

Although a short CFS2 campaign already exists about this episode, I decided to do a new one after I read an excellent book on the topic, "Dust Clouds in the Middle East" by Christopher Shores. The book contains a detailed day to day account of the campaign, providing a lot of information to make a CFS2 campaign.

The package contains two fighter campaigns, one from the French side, flying the Dewoitine 520, and another from the Allied side, where you fly the Hawker Hurricane and Curtiss P-40.

Apart from the these two campaigns, there are several missions flying various other airplanes that were used in the conflict. These are, on the French side, the Martin 167, Morane 406, LeO-451 and Loire 130 and on the Allied side the Bristol Blenheim and Beaufighter, Fairey Albacore and Swordfish, Gloster Gladiator and the Westland Lysander. In total, you get 71 missions in the package.

As soon as Rami approves the package, it should be available for download. I hope you have fun with it!

Skylane

Thank u Skyline for this campaign! surely it will be great , specially in my favorite theater.

Operation Exporter Campaigns.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: Two fighter campaigns, one Vichy French and one British / Australian, covering the conflict between Britain and Vichy France in Syria and the Lebanon in 1941.

In Addition, this package contains several bomber, recce and SAR missions using different aircraft that both sides employed in the conflict.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Operation Exporter Campaigns.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon14 Reply...

Wolfgang,

Many thanks for all of your efforts on this, including using the Beirut GSL scenery! Since I have most, if not all the parts for it, installing it should be pretty quick!

Did you consider doing the Iraqi conflict of '41?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

This is an unexpected surprise Wolfgang. Danke sehr.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Rami, I´d like to thank you for your help with this project, especially the effort you put into the Beirut scenery!
    Also a big Thank You for Achim, for building the airbases!

The Iraq conflict of 1941 would be rather difficult to make into an interesting CFS2 campaign, so I don´t plan to do it, at least for now.
    Also, there are no airbases there, and no skins for the airplanes, whereas for this campaign I just uploaded there are all the planes already available, and also the relevant skins. Many of the airbases were already there, and the rest Achim built for me.
    But there will be more campaigns from me in the future, I just don´t know yet what I´ll do next. And I´m afraid it will take some time again as my job keeps me busy, and there are a few other activities that compete for my spare time..

Ask and these guys'll provide skylane .

There must be a Hawker Audax around somewhere we can fit with bombs. I'm sure we've an Oxford to which the same can be done, and we definitely have Gladiators, Bf110s, He111s, Cr.42s. Those just need some paint thrown at them.

Many thanks for filling in another hole in the History of Air War

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Thank you, Skylane!

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Grabbed and installed!!

Thank you Skylane.

Cheers,

Gius

Well done

Thank you for another interesting addition to the MTO

Finn

Thanks Skylane!!!

Going there to download right now......

By the way, I just took my visiting sister and niece to Salzburg this last weekend.

What a beautiful city you live in!
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

SOH-CM-2020

Thanks to Skylane ... also anyone thinking of Iraq 41

Firstly thanks to Skylane for the fantastic Exporter campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by hewman100 View Post

There must be a Hawker Audax around somewhere we can fit with bombs. I'm sure we've an Oxford to which the same can be done, and we definitely have Gladiators, Bf110s, He111s, Cr.42s. Those just need some paint thrown at them.
    If anyone did want to take this campaign on, already available in appropriate Iraqi skins skins are:

CR.42
    Gladiator
    Me 110
    Ju 52

Allied skins correct for the campaign already available are:

Maryland
    Tomahawk
    Vincent

Payware:
    Icarus Gold Vickers Valentia - don't think they were involved in any combat from memory but could be wrong, but certainly were ferrying troops into Iraq

Other relevant, available aircraft that could be skinned:

Oxford
    Audax
    He III
    Swordfish
    Blenheim
    A-17
    SM 79B
    etc etc etc

There are some aircraft which would need developing in an ideal world e.g. Ju 90.

But yes, the bare bones are already available. Personally I know nothing about making campaigns, but if someone wanted a beta tester for this I could try to do that!

Cheers,

SW

Thanks for the nice comments! I hope you have fun!

Unfortunately something went wrong when I made the readme file. Some of the links to required downloads got mixed up.
    I just went over all the links and made corrections where necessary. The updated file is attached here.
    If you have downloaded the campaign and had trouble finding some of the add-ons, I apologize for the inconvenience. With this file you should be able to find everything. I also asked Rami to replace the file in the library with the corrected one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very Nice. Its a campaign that has been explore very little. I appreciate it.

Thank you

Icon14 Reply...

Jinx,

One more thing about auto-installers...ask some of us old salts about the "RussBoB" experience.

Skylane,

Of course I will.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks, Rami!

About Auto-Installers... I´m certainly not going to to do this! As you said, getting all the permissions from the original developers, and figuring out how to make it work, I just do not have the time for it!

I´d rather spend what time i have making missions!

Library Staff
    Hi Skylane,

I finally found some time to start flying your Operation Exporter missions.

You've done a fantastic job. Achim's and Rami's scenery look great and you have really enhanced it with parked aircraft, vehicles and other infrastructure bringing the airfields to life. The missions are interesting and varied as well as being historically accurate.

Thanks very much.

Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 23