Ground handling and taxi speed

Thread: Ground handling and taxi speed

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Ground handling and taxi speed

Over the years of using FSX I always had problems with maintaining a constant speed when taxiing to or from an airport's runway. Some times after having to use the throttle or brakes I would come to a complete stop and found it hard getting the correct throttle setting to maintain my speed to match that of the AI traffic.

Then one day I discovered Rob Barendregt's wonderful ground handling gauges (RCBgh-50.zip). They worked perfectly for me in FSX but when I switched to P3D I was back to square 1 again. I tried the ground handling gauges but for some reason there was a compatibility problem that caused P3D to come up wit a 'Not Responding' message and then CTD.

By Chance while looking for a good freeware regional prop driven aircraft I came across both the Premier Aircraft Design DHC-Dash 8 and the SAAB 340. Both were what I was looking for as one was for QANTASLink and the other for REX. I discovered both had the ground handling gauges. And they actually worked without crashing the programme. So naturally the Carenado C-172 that is my default aircraft had it's panel modified for these gauges. So far I have also modified the panels on both the JF Connies and the DC-6s.

Also in order to create aircraft profiles for both PlanG and FSC I needed to check the fuel flow and Robert K Guy's RKG_fuelstat gauge (RG_fstt3.zip) comes in handy here. There are fuel flow gauges for prop, Turbine and jet engines.

Needless to say I am a happy chappy.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Good to know Pat, thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 13