Does SU P-38 Convert?

Thread: Does SU P-38 Convert?

Does SU P-38 Convert?

Has anyone been able to convert the pay ware Sky Unlimited P-38 models from FS2004 over to CFS2? It’s a nice model but I can’t seem to get it through MDLC. Is it possible?

Thanks,

msfossey

Question

Is that plane a FSX or FS2004 model?
    Where can i get it to give it a try?
    Could u send me the model?
    Thank u
    Mario

Hi Mission,

The plane is for FS2004, but it's payware. I got several of the Sky Unlimited models real cheap not too long ago. I have FS9 on my rig and like convert models when I can. I'm not a good tech guy and if MDLC can't do a simple conversion then I'm at a dead end.

msfossey

I had tried long time ago, but failed. Its one of the planes that they didn't want to be converted

cheers

ps you have a pm

I sugest that u try step by step, first fs2004 to fs2002 then so to cfs2, after that the more complex the animations, then so shine and specular. always in each step saving and next step working on saved .

The best version (i think so) is the beta 117
    Never run other program under screen.

When the case is very hard , try to use the Morton program , fs9 to cfs2 it needs more time and not allways u get succes.

I have doxbox 32bit installed, no more tricks my friend.
    Last edited by misson; April 16th, 2014 at 14:00. Reason: lacking step

wiekniera,

To answer your question, Yes. But...

Many of the FS9 aircraft can be converted. Some just need to be run through Ivan Hsu's MDLC conversion program. Many of the more complicated models need much work to be converted. I do not have the knowledge to convert some and have received help from several experts here at the SOH to complete a few projects. I have purchased the following AC and, with help, have had some success converting them:

Wings of Power B-29
    Wings of Power Bf-108E
    Flight Replicas Bf-109
    MAAM TBF Avenger
    SU P-51B/C
    SU P-38

I'm sure there are many more products around here that folks have been able to convert. It would be great to have a list of products that people have successfully converted. I continue to buy products for FS9 just to see if I can convert them and use them in CFS2.

msfossey

Aaah not againnn !! you just make me more jealous! anyway congrats fossey!

My conversion wish list:

Vertigo Studios P-36 for FSX, or thier SBD Dauntless. I don't think it will ever happen; the models are complicated. Too large for a cfs2 conversion I think.

Anyone able to do the Virtavia B-24 for FS9? Any other successful conversions out there we might be interested in?

msfossey

Members who have read this thread: 9