Why Does My Fs2002 Module stopped working?

Thread: Why Does My Fs2002 Module stopped working?

Why Does My Fs2002 Module stopped working?

I keep getting a message that my FS2002 Module has stopped working then FS2002 shuts down, I
    have done two complete re-installs but it keeps doing the same thing. I always install Fs2002 outside
    making it C:\F8, My FS2004 never does this, is FS2002 unstable?

Cheers

Casey

Hi Casey; does the error message say which module is failing?

ttfn

Pete

Hi Pete

It does not say which module is failing I am using windows 7, 64 bit home premium. The FS202
    I am using is a old one I bought second hand. Thank you for helping me Pete, I have checked
    each module with Norton and they say they are good I have never seen this before.

Cheers

Casey

See if you can post a screenshot of the error message.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

You may also get some good details from the Event Viewer:

1. Click the Start button and type in Event Viewer, then click that in the list (it will likely be the only choice).
    2. In the left pane, expand Windows Logs, then select Application.
    3. In the top-center pane, scroll to the time of the last error and you should find it in the list.
    4. Double-click the list entry to open it in a new window.
    5. Click the Copy button in the lower left and paste that here. The deep kernel guru's may be able to shed some light on what's happening.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Just a quick note to add.

There are configuration files that won't be removed when you re-install.

It might be a useful diagnostic to rename them (and let your new re-install create a new one).

I don't have the location(s) right in front of me -- but there are your saved flights, and there is also probably an fs8.cfg file (sorry -- going off my FS9 install since I don't have 2002 on any systems right now).

I think in Windows 7 the fs8.cfg may be under your Home folder in a folder named "AppData" <-- that folder is a "hidden" folder so you'll have to adjust your "Explorer" settings to see that folder. I actually changed the folder "attributes" so it wasn't hidden since I'm going into it all the time for all my Win 7 programs.

To see hidden files in Explorer go to the Explorer menu (you may have to hold the "Alt" key to see the menu), then select "Tools" > "Options" then click the "View" tab (middle tab in the row of tabs at the top of the next dialog window). I think you should be able to select the "radio button" for "Show hidden files, folder and drives" under the little "Hidden files and folders" folder icon.

here's the likely path:

your_home_folder > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > FS8

Try renaming the "FS8" folder -- or alternately the "FS8.CFG" file inside that folder.

Hope that helps.

Java
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!"

I just reinstalled FS2002 Pro and there's nothing in the App Data folder - even after running it once. The FS2002.cfg is in the sim's root folder. It's been over a decade since I used it on a regular basis, but if I remember right, everything is contained within the root folder. Still, when you uninstall, any add-ons are left behind and need to be deleted manually.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Just to cover all the bases, did you install to a drive other than C, and have you tried to run in compatibility mode? As already mentioned. uninstalling programs is not always complete. I can recommend using Revo Uninstaller and choosing 'advanced' mode, does a good job of removing programs as well as related registry components and any file fragments.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Mine is installed on the C drive, but in a folder outside the protected program folders. As has been said in numerous other threads, the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders have extra protections built into them starting with Vista. Installing any program that requires frequent tweaking outside of those allows changes to be made without any security hassles.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thank You All For Helping Me

Java, Tom, Aeromed, and To Pete,

You were right I found the F8cfg that was left behind when I un-installed it before and then re-installed,
    then for safety sake I moved back in time to a earlier recovery date April 12 2014 and it worked!!!
    My thanks to you all what would we do without you. I wish you all good fortune.

Cheers

Casey

Members who have read this thread: 25