CD Airfield Buildings Library WIP

Thread: CD Airfield Buildings Library WIP

Library Staff

Icon22 CD Airfield Buildings Library WIP

Hi Folks,

The conversion of Cees Donker's airfield buildings to library objects which could be used as GSL scenery was started by Sander de Cocq, continued by another contributor, whose name I'm sorry to say I've forgotten, then finally taken over by me. Robert John showed me how to make the objects destructible by converting the armoury and the underground fuel tank so that they blow up. I sent these two objects to Kelti to use in his upgrade of Achim's RAF airfields project.

The conversion into destructible objects is, I'm afraid to say, a bit too convoluted for my brain to grasp. Hence the project has sat in limbo for a long time.

I similarly made conversions of Ian Elliot's API's to GSL library objects which I also sent to Stefano (Kelticheart) for use in his project.

Both Cees and Ian kindly gave me permission to upload these packages to SOH, so I think it's about time that I did. I've included dp files but as I mentioned above, only the armoury and the underground fuel tank can actually be destroyed.

If anyone feels inclined to modify these objects to make them destructible or more frame rate friendly please do so. Consider these packages to be works in progress.

Kevin

Library Staff

Icon22 CD Airfield Buildings Library WIP

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Scenery Add-Ons

Description: CD Airfield Buildings Library

This is a conversion package of the Airfield Buildings macros created by Cees Donker into library objects which can be used as GSL scenery. The package includes files for RAF watch offices, hangars, maintenance sheds, stores, huts, barracks, as well as rolling stock, a bridge and a church.

This project was begun by Sander de Cocq and continued by Kevin Driver. Robert John Sprackland made the armoury and the underground fuel tank destructible.

by Cees Donker

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CD_Airfield_Buildings_Library.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon14 Reply...

Kevin,

Many thanks for uploading this, I deeply appreciate the fact that you made these files available so that others can work to improve them, including Robert John. Thanks to Cees Donker as well for the originals!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I already declared myself semi-retired.......LOL!

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 15