Screen Names. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Screen Names.

Like some other chaps that have already posted,....giving my first and last name as my forum name worked fine. Guess it falls into the K.I.S.S. category.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

I always wondered how my parents came up with name, Curtis, but now I know...it goes with one of my favorite fighters.

B24_witchcraft - Volunteer and supporter of the Collings Foundation.

"Witchcraft" is the current name used on the B-24. Info on "Witchcraft" here - http://www.collingsfoundation.org/tour_b-24j.htm

Current information on the Wings of Freedom tour can be found here - http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

I was always called lim by my buddy on road trips we take every year ( he saw a resturaunt sign in Redding California with this name and applied to me). I thought my buddy kind of looked like Jack Nickelson the celebrity in the early years. Now the tricky part, tried to create a screen name using lim and it was already being used so added jack to it. bingo!

Jim

During my years as a middle aged adult I owned several small aircraft (a Chief and a Citabria), but I never found them to be much like the aircraft Uncle Sam let me fly when I young (bring on the Eric Burdon and the Animals...check this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur30bn_3G58). So, I ordered a kit from Van's Aircraft (founded by the very talented Richard VanGrunsven). The serial number of my kit was 80017 (one of the earliest RV-8s). After several years it became operational as N817J. My icon is the Vertigo Studios version of N817J. If anyone is ever in the vicinity of KLVN I'd be pleased to give you a tour. Best regards to all.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Because, well basically used to do a lot of T-6 flying in the 80s and 90s......and plan to do some more this year!

Martin

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Mine is also my "nom de guerre," so to speak, from my twenty plus years on the road as a long haul trucker. These names, are bestowed on the new guys by the senior drivers after they observe the FNG for a while. Being given your "handle" is a right of passage for a trucker, as it means you have been accepted into their brotherhood. Mine was chosen for me by the most senior driver in the company. He had been driving trucks for almost forty years when I started. He told me, "We are going to call you Quicksand, because you're falling in love with these trucks, and you're sinking fast." Sadly, my friend passed away several years ago. I remember him every time I log in here...

Nothing special here, just my first name
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2023
    Not very special really, it was just my radio call sign when I worked as the Head of Engineering Development section at EGOD.
    Keith

Charter Member 2015
    Simple. "Pepere" is French for grandfather.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Cees Donker is my name. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Nothing special here, just my first name

We Dutch must be quite simple people as Huub Vink is what my parents named me. The story behind my avatar is perhaps more interesting, however I will keep that one for myself.....

Cheers,
    Huub

My screen name consists of the initials of both my sons and myself. Almost all other sites include II tacked on the end, but darned if I can remember why.
    CPU: Intel i7-5960X OC 4.5
    MOBO: Asus X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2800
    GPU: Asus STRIX GeForce GTX980
    PSU: SeaSonic X850
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (FS9)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (FSX)
    SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
    HDD: WD 7200 Black 1TB
    CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white)
    CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

First internet forum I joined was for Hammond Organ digital emulators, "clonewheels" they are called. I was playing an Oberheim OB3 at the time and 11 has always been a lucky number for me. C'est tout.

A very interesting thread .... my screen name Flyboy 208 comes from many friends calling me "flyboy" because of my real-world flying, I originally used this name at Flightsim ... I intended to be "Flyboy203" , the 203 signified my time with my second US Navy F/A-18 squadron, VFA-203 ... somehow that name was already in use at Flightsim , so I opted for "Flyboy208" ... the 208 is the designator for The Cessna Caravan. Including a real pic of my Sister and I in front of the Pilatus P-3 that I used to fly ... Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SM22.jpg  

I'm not native englishspeaking so i opted to write my name, Peter (Mileving for last name) and where i come from, Sweden in hope that everytime i mess something up, grammaticaly or spellingwise you guys will give me some slack.

Members who have read this thread: 108