Screen Names.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Screen Names.

Blog Entries

Screen Names.

OK....
    Someone had started a thread like this at A2A Simulations......

So I thought it would make for an interesting thing to know how each of us got our screen names and what they mean.......

So I'll go first.....
    I took the screen name trucker17, due to the work I did...Driving trucks for a living, the 17 is for the day I was born on March/ 17th/ 1962.
    Before that my screen name was Budweiser Bandit.....This name came to be when I was 4 years old by my dad, my brother and my uncle.....That was because when I was 4 they would set their beer on the coffee table, and leave the room....When they would return the beer was gone.....I would grab it and run to the bathroom and lock myself inside and drink it......This nickname also became a CB handle when I first started to drive......
    When my dad was stationed in the Solomon Islands the Admiral and sailors had another name for me, but we wont go their....

So their you have it for me.....
    Lets hear about yours and how you came about it......
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

Before I got an FFB stick I used to stall aircraft a lot dogfighting in CFS2 and 3: sometimes I recovered the ensuing spins, often I didn't. The AvHistory 4.x flight models were particularly hairy, hence hairyspin. Being of the hirsute persuasion also seemed to fit and I've had the name long enough it seemed daft to change it now.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Before I got an FFB stick I used to stall aircraft a lot dogfighting in CFS2 and 3: sometimes I recovered the ensuing spins, often I didn't. The AvHistory 4.x flight models were particularly hairy, hence hairyspin. Being of the hirsute persuasion also seemed to fit and I've had the name long enough it seemed daft to change it now.
    Pretty basic here. Mike being my first name, and CYUL being where I originally hail from!

Flavio (my name) + SSA (Salvador - City i live)
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Daveroo

i get this name from a chat site called delphi forums,it was supposed to be "Daver",which is a childhood nickname (ive had many over the years)but the delphi gods made me add "oo" to it because there was a daver already in chat.

my childhood nics were:

Daver,given to me by my folks best friends kids.
    sewerpipe jr,my family have been plumbers since the early 1900s,great uncle bill was doing plumbing ,yup true,at Lake Tahoe in 1907,,i can honestly say,i dont know what he did in those days plumbing wise..but thats what the family books say.sewerpipe is because when dad was a young adult,he did a lot of plumbing service work,and he and grandfather were the only plumbers from the mid 1940s until around 1980 who had a "snake" of any kind.i our area that is....wasnt until the mid 80s before rotorooter came to be and ruined our business,they were not lic'd plumbers,,yet they would sell people on new piping systems..and if a WC even sweated a little..they would sell the home owner a brand new toilet.we/i would edjucate the person on why it was sweating,and how to stop it from doing so...then we wouldnt charge...but we still got bad mouthed because we "wouldnt fix anything"...which wasnt true
    DirtyDave was given to be by a guy named steve bast,who was a world champion speedway rider...he said i was dirty because i didnt fight fair..i was ok with that.

and i was called "DumpsterDave" because i got mad at this guy who kept parking in my carport ,three nights in a row,so i removed his valvestems from his tires,super glued them to his fenders and left him a note to come see me...he made the mistake of pounding on my door,i ended up tossing him in to the apartment units outside dumpster and left him there until morning.when he ended up getting arrested on numerous charges......thank god my best friends back then were all cops...and to add to that.while bouncing at my fav hangout..i tossed a few guys who were being violent inside the bar,into the dumpster.

Ar fy hun (spoken; 'are va chheen' [heen if you cannot get the air to pass along both sides of the top of your mouth in a gutteral way]), is Welsh for 'on my own'.

I got the name when, in the mid 60's in my days as a 'rocker' at the Ace cafe & 59 club, I never took passengers on the pillion seat of my 500cc Gold Star. (Still have the motorcycle to this day). The one and only time I did, doing a favour for a bird who wanted a lift from the Dive cafe at Golders Green to the Ace, I got tugged for doing 60 in a 40 mph zone by an "'orse copper" driving a Daimler Dart. Cost me a tenner, that did.

Mind you, seeing the idiot struggle out of the car with his boots and plus fours on made it worth it...wot a plank...Didn't find it at all funny when I did a couple of 'orse noises...And I was doing about 95 at the time I heard the bell ringing. Thought it was the bike going tech so I rolled it off....

The down side? It was dark and the girl wasn't pretty even then...

Graham.

Stryker (family of 8x8 armored fighting vehicles, link:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryker) PSG (Platoon Sergeant E-7) I was a infantry platoon sergeant in 3rd and 4th Stryker Brigades for 5 years. Oh the memories, good and bad. Now, after being a 1SG (First Sergeant E-8), I'm a staff guy awaiting Command Sergeant Major or retirement.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Me thinks my screen name is, er, pretty obvious!

I'm with Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Me thinks my screen name is, er, pretty obvious!
    Mine is pretty obvious too.

falcon409_Pretty simple also. . .From 1986 to 2007 I was stationed at Carswell AFB, Ft Worth and worked on the F-16 "Fighting Falcon". The 409 was my Apartment number.

Roger...because that is my name. Not very imaginative really.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I've always had a fascination with the F-16 and the Colonial Viper... that's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

My name

Cees Donker is my name. LOL!

There was a movie comedy called "Mad Finland" and its main character, the hair oil millionaire William Njurmi, offered a suitable nickname for me. It was given to me by fellow glider pilots back in eighties. They claimed I changed my personality after a few drinks and that other personality behaved like a millionaire... and my family name is Nurmi. They still use it with a grin on their faces, when we very rarely meet these days.

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    As back-seat aircrew, I flew from Canada's last aircraft cararier, HMCS Bonaventure, better known as "The Bonnie". The ship's international voice callsign was Highground and her painted side number was 22 . Although we're shaving with the old girl now, I wanted to retain something in her memory.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

I picked Warhorse47 to represent my passion for horses and the year I was born.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Blog Entries

Gaucho_59

Quote Originally Posted by HighGround22 View Post
    As back-seat aircrew, I flew from Canada's last aircraft cararier, HMCS Bonaventure, better known as "The Bonnie". The ship's international voice callsign was Highground and her painted side number was 22 . Although we're shaving with the old girl now, I wanted to retain something in her memory.
    I got mine in the old days of chat rooms in ICQ.... I am originally from Montevideo, Uruguay... land of the gauchos (cowboys in southern Brasil, Uruguay and Argentine)....
    Although city born and bred... and the only potros (broncos) I ever broke... were either in the merry-go-round at the Parque Rodo carnivals.. or the penny pony
    rides... I thought Gaucho was an appropriate moniker then... tried it but there were other gauchos.... and was asked to alter it... the suggestions were 'underscore something'
    To make a story short... I emigrated to the USA to go to school in 1959... it was 'underscore 59'.... It's been my pseudonym everywhere on line since...

Cheers from basically a city dude that passes for a cowboy....

My initials. It probably wouldn't have occurred to me to use that as a "screen name", but way back when I was a wee lad in the US Navy, somebody started calling me that. One could "acquire" a worse nick name, I suppose, hehe. The mugs in the pic are from the 1980s.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Mine is based on my e-mail address, which I've had since '85. When I first started doing computer related stuff I was working in the DoD Fire Service. My Chief sent me to a computer class (DOS) and the first thing we did was to get an e-mail account. At that time your address had to include your last name and your first name initial.

I've had the same e-mail address ever since. It seemed only natural and, at the same time, very simple to just use it when I signed on with SOH.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

I am Grady and people just started callin me Happy G after that goofy golf Adam Sandler movie came out cause he used my last name in the title.
    Honestly it beats the heck out of Shady Grady. I was plum sick of that.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    No brainer really after all I do live in what I call the greatest country on earth .

My original screen name was 'Bigfella', a nickname I acquired when I was working on the railways. This came about as I was pushing the scales at about 125 kilos at the time. Although I was a tradesman we always mucked in and helped each other with lifting and moving parts. Anyway when they needed my help some bright spark called me Bigfella one day and it stuck.

When I discovered the internet and chat sites like ICQ that was the name I chose to use but people misconstrued the meaning and I got sick of trying to explain the meaning of the name so changed it to Aussieman and have used it ever since. There are a couple of forums where I have had to change it because someone else had taken the name but the Aussie part has always remain with numbers at the end.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Mine really took some thought. Initials - J.M.B. III

Just kept it simple. First initial and last name. Thought about using something witty or punny (like wingnut) but decided to make it easy to remember. After all, I'm not getting any younger.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Long ago and not very far away I was chatting with the FBO at a nearby seaplane base when a beat-up truck bounced to a stop and a disreputable looking bum climbed out with a big steel gear in one hand. He headed toward a sad looking Cessna 120 on floats when the FBO yelled, "Hey Sonny? You gonna file a flight plan?" The guy replied, "Ayuh. I'm gonna fly this gear out to East Overshoe and I'll be back before dark."
    When it came time to select an online name, I chose East Overshoe but the forum made me drop the East part.
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Mine is my old callsign and squadron number. The origin of the callsign is best kept between myself and the clergy.

Deacon

Members who have read this thread: 108