Abacus aviat husky

Thread: Abacus aviat husky

Abacus aviat husky

any one have this plane?....there are several at auburn muni on floats..cool looking and seem to be favs of some of the folks there...how is this plane in FSX (abacus)...ive had several of there other planes and end up uninstalling after one flight.dont want to waist yet more money.

Personal opinion:

I would be wary of Abacus, as they seem to cater to flight simulation users that may not be aware of the existence of other freeware/payware addons. For the amount of money they seem to be charging for this one ($20) and the level of quality seen in their screenshots, I think you'll be a lot happier with a non-Abacus product.
    As much as I hate the term, I'm going to use it: I would say this specific addon looks to be FS2002 or early FS2004-era "freeware quality". In short, most payware offerings should be much more refined in looks (gauges, textures, modelling) than what is demonstrated here as a $20 product. Additionally, this one does not seem to be FSX-native (if that matters to you as well).

While not a husky, I would recommend something like Flight Replica's Super Cub series, or Carenado's Cessna 185 (Bush) addon instead for a similar price point.

If you go directly to the Abacus website, you can download the Husky free for 7 days, if you like it, you can buy the registration # to keep it.

At first, I thought it was a new plane, but it was made for FS2004. I decided it isn't worth $20.

I would also recommend the Flight Replica Cub and FS Addon's Cub. The Carenado C-185 Bush plane is one of my favorites also.

Can't wait for the Aerosoft Porter.

ok thanks guys,,like i said..i was way unhappy with previous planes of theres so its a no go on this,,i have the A2A cub,Carenado C-185,the aerosoft Beaver with tundra tires,and i too am really lookin forward to the porter.

One other bush plane I would recommend is the RealAir Scout.
    Buy it from the RealAir website, it's listed for 9.95 euros, If I converted it right, it should be under $14.
    It comes with regular tires, tundra tires and Amphibian models.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    If you go directly to the Abacus website, you can download the Husky free for 7 days, if you like it, you can buy the registration # to keep it.

At first, I thought it was a new plane, but it was made for FS2004. I decided it isn't worth $20.

I would also recommend the Flight Replica Cub and FS Addon's Cub. The Carenado C-185 Bush plane is one of my favorites also.

Can't wait for the Aerosoft Porter.
    I've bought a fair amount of Abacus over the years (and got a lot for free when helping test development tools for them or doing reviews for simflight) and back in the day it was adequate. But as a rule these days, anytime I see FS2004 and FSX together in the description of an aircraft I pass it up. That said though they sometimes have acceptable subjects that no other developers have shown an interest in so they may be the only choice. And they have sold a ton of retail packaged add-ons over the years. Possibly more than anyone else?

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    One other bush plane I would recommend is the RealAir Scout. . . .
    Yes, +1 on the RealAir Scout. Despite it's longevity, it remains one of my all-time favourite bush planes.

I'm particularly fond of the amphib, which I use purely as a float plane, but one which I can back-off a beach or sandbar.

And as well, there's a great number of repaints available for it, on FlightSim.com.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

I took FS 2004 out of my computer a long time ago, I agree that when it says it will work in either FSX or FS 2004, I don't download it.

The exception to this, and I'm still tempted to get it ..... Aerosoft's Dornier Do-27x. It's a bush plane.
    At the time it was released, it was probably the most advanced plane you could get for a flight simulator.
    It was made by Marcel Felde, the one who made the Diamond Katana, and the one who is now working on the Pilatus PC-6 Porter.
    Anyone have it ? Is it worth the $30 ?

I took FS 2004 out of my computer a long time ago, I agree that when it says it will work in either FSX or FS 2004, I don't download it.

The exception to this, and I'm still tempted to get it ..... Aerosoft's Dornier Do-27x. It's a bush plane.
    At the time it was released, it was probably the most advanced plane you could get for a flight simulator.
    It was made by Marcel Felde, the one who made the Diamond Katana, and the one who is now working on the Pilatus PC-6 Porter.
    Anyone have it ? Is it worth the $30 ?

i have it and i say yes..but i like it more from the visibility from the cockpit...

Members who have read this thread: 59