Error Loading Model

Thread: Error Loading Model

Error Loading Model

I'm in process of building an MTO install. I've started adding planes but I can't get them to show or work in Free Flight/Quick Combat. I've been using JSQCEd, which I've used successfully in the past on other installs. The new planes don't show in the Free Flight menu or the Quick Combat menu for the player. They do show up in the enemy drop down menu but if I select one and then go fly I get "error loading model ___"

I reviewed several old posts regarding QC problems. I have fewer than 30 planes. I tried taking out the ship folder and there was no change. I've checked all of the sound files. I even removed all of the new planes and started over one by one but no go. The JSQCEd program seems to be working but no go in the sim.

Any ideas? All help greatly appreciated.

Good news - solved my problem.

Bad news - operator error

I haven't done this stuff in quite a while and I got confused by corrupt icons for my .air files. Anyone seen this type of thing before:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bad_icaon.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	6688

I saw the words "installer package" and deleted it, not realizing that these are my .air files! Wondering if there is a reasonably quick and easy way to fix this. They seem to work just fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Norbu72 View Post
    I'm in process of building an MTO install. I've started adding planes but I can't get them to show or work in Free Flight/Quick Combat. I've been using JSQCEd, which I've used successfully in the past on other installs. The new planes don't show in the Free Flight menu or the Quick Combat menu for the player. They do show up in the enemy drop down menu but if I select one and then go fly I get "error loading model ___"

I reviewed several old posts regarding QC problems. I have fewer than 30 planes. I tried taking out the ship folder and there was no change. I've checked all of the sound files. I even removed all of the new planes and started over one by one but no go. The JSQCEd program seems to be working but no go in the sim.

Any ideas? All help greatly appreciated.

Icon22 Reply...

Norbu72,

No worries, it happens to all of us from time to time.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Adobe also has a program that uses the .air file extension. That is why the icon looks like it dose.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 18